News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by fleetline6477, January 07, 2014, 07:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

In previous posts and again today there has been comments about WA B6 677 always being used on 335 until around 4p.m. and then switching to route 301.

The explanation for this appears to be that the first part of the running board is always completed by the same driver who is very tall and can only drive this bus. I saw the bus / driver leaving Walsall bus station today and from my observations he did appear to be very tall and didn't appear to have much room in the cab.

I understand that B6s are needed for that route. Is the cab in 677 different in some ways to other B6s to give this driver more room?

andy

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 07, 2014, 07:49:09 PM
In previous posts and again today there has been comments about WA B6 677 always being used on 335 until around 4p.m. and then switching to route 301.

The explanation for this appears to be that the first part of the running board is always completed by the same driver who is very tall and can only drive this bus. I saw the bus / driver leaving Walsall bus station today and from my observations he did appear to be very tall and didn't appear to have much room in the cab.

I understand that B6s are needed for that route. Is the cab in 677 different in some ways to other B6s to give this driver more room?

It's a good job they don't have Presidents then....the most claustrophobic and cramped cabs I have ever had the misfortune to be imprisoned in.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: andy on January 07, 2014, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 07, 2014, 07:49:09 PM

It's a good job they don't have Presidents then....the most claustrophobic and cramped cabs I have ever had the misfortune to be imprisoned in.

Mainly down to the steering wheel and dashboard size... good seats though, they do go far enough back unlike the 44xx Tridents!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

lynx1103

I have spoke to the driver and its down to the seat being able to go up high enough.
He says the only B6 he can drive is 677 and if it is not available a double deck ussally trident
Will be allocated to this service. Other buses 648 650 658 were regularly allocated to this
Service in the past.

677 is working hard every day out at 0618 and not returning to midnight 2400

lynx1103

4308 was on the 335-01 on 28.02.2014

677 had a day on Darlaston services 34/38

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk