News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kingcommute?

Started by Tony, December 31, 2013, 12:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Mark Ready is listed as a director of Hendersons as well as Guideissue and the two companies using Tates, Barnsley's adress and also Brijan southampton

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on November 02, 2014, 02:05:08 PM
Mark Ready is listed as a director of Hendersons as well as Guideissue and the two companies t/a Tates, Barnsley and also Brijan southampton

King Long can probably deny ownership as I believe it is some Bermuda based company with a different name that has been buying all these companies up

the trainbasher

Actually that company doesn't directly own Hendersons directly...

Bakerbus ltd owns Henderson Travel Limited

Brijan tours are owned by King Long Direct.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 02, 2014, 02:49:04 PM
Actually that company doesn't directly own Hendersons directly...

Bakerbus ltd owns Henderson Travel Limited

Brijan tours are owned by King Long Direct.

It still owned Henderson

justlookingaround

Fortunately McGill's Buses have stepped in to take over most Henderson services (which were contracted services) and have kept many employed.

Still makes you wonder if there's things that are affecting the King Long Direct owners, buying all these companies and now one of them has closed down. They tried to buy Padarn Bus in Wales when that company went down but were turned away. Probably just want to take anything that's selling up, I wouldn't be surprised if they even wanted to buy Whittles for example.

mikestone

Another business associated with the KingLong dealership has collapsed - Brown, Wetherby  - according to today's Route One.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on December 17, 2014, 07:30:20 PM
Another business associated with the KingLong dealership has collapsed - Brown, Wetherby  - according to today's Route One.

This one is slightly different. The business is still going on the coach side, they just abandoned all bus services without any notice to VOSA or the local authority

PM

Tates travel and Bakerbus are two others they own.

And with the loss of contracts to DeCourcey and not coming to the Coach and Bus live show at NEC just what is going on?!

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2014, 07:36:26 PM

And with the loss of contracts to DeCourcey and not coming to the Coach and Bus live show at NEC just what is going on?!

I don't think Tates will be running bus services much longer with news I have just read in confidence

PM

Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2014, 07:41:08 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2014, 07:36:26 PM

I don't think Tates will be running bus services much longer with news I have just read in confidence

Why does that not surprise me?! :P

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2014, 07:35:57 PM
Quote from: mikestone on December 17, 2014, 07:30:20 PM

This one is slightly different. The business is still going on the coach side, they just abandoned all bus services without any notice to VOSA or the local authority
;
Surely ceasing to operate destroys the repute of all concerned and the TC's will refuse the new application.

mikestone

Bakerbus are ceasing on 10th January with all but one service taken over by D&G, that being the 26 which was in competition with D&G - it certainly looks as though Island Fortitude companies are pulling out of bus work.
;
Will be interesting to see how Silcox fares, assuming that they are still owned.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on December 31, 2014, 08:06:45 PM
Bakerbus are ceasing on 10th January with all but one service taken over by D&G, that being the 26 which was in competition with D&G - it certainly looks as though Island Fortitude companies are pulling out of bus work.
;
Will be interesting to see how Silcox fares, assuming that they are still owned.

Is the 26 also ceasing from the same date?

Do you also happen to know if the coaching side of the business is continuing?

Silcox of Pembroke Dock? If bus work there is also ditched, it'd be good to see First step in and bridge gaps in their network. What they currently operate there is run to a high standard but it's a small, cut off operation and extra work would no doubt go a long way in rebuilding the operation.

mikestone

I haven't seen anything to suggest the coaching side is affected.
;
The 26 was the route competing with D&Gs "The Orange". Interestingly the Sunday Plumbline (oops) is a new registration despite D&G operating the service the rest of the week.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on December 31, 2014, 08:56:14 PM
I haven't seen anything to suggest the coaching side is affected.
;
The 26 was the route competing with D&Gs "The Orange". Interestingly the Sunday Plumbline (oops) is a new registration despite D&G operating the service the rest of the week.

It's just odd all the King Long bus ops seem to be winding down... Anyone know what's happened?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk