News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kingcommute?

Started by Tony, December 31, 2013, 12:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Kiewii

Looks a bit fake in my opinion

Stuharris 6360

Well lets take a detailed look at it:

Firstly, the coaches depart from adjacent to Junction 6 of the M42, so it is near Birmingham Airport. So are they looking at trying to muscle in on people who travel to Birmingham International to catch a Virgin Train to London.

Secondly, there is currently no timetable on the website, how can people decide whether this service is any good for them with no timetable. How many departures will there be per day, currently Virgin are successful because they offer so many different departures each day. For example, you finish work early at 1pm, will there be a coach before the evening rush hour.

They are asking people to book now even though the service doesn't begin until 28 April 2014, so presumably they can get the interest on your £4321.

People will no doubt have to weigh up the savings in fares with the increased journey time.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

gac_uk

This is featured in this week's Route One magazine http://www.route-one.net/issues/519/

Liverpool Street

Only 33 seats in that machine. Must be an armchair each with 2 + 1 seating arrangement.

Wouldn't mind having a go in one though.

I expect there to be duplicates if all 33 seats are sold?

There is still some holes which require filling.

Who owns this? Why is the website so amateur? And would you give £4321 to a random company site that looks like DTS?! (Discount travel solutions....)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Looks like another Gorilla Bus to me

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dylan4579

£4321?? The numbers are the most suspicious part to me.

Stu

I thought the same. I wonder if this is another 'CityFox Group'-style university transport project?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2013, 05:23:22 PM
I thought the same. I wonder if this is another 'CityFox Group'-style university transport project?

Not according to the route 1 article who have named to person behind this, who claims to have already sold some tickets? It seems likely to me that this will

Who in their right mind would part with that amount of money before you even know the exact start point, or the times the buses were running? They also haven't actually got TfL approval to use the Marylebone bus stop yet, this is not guaranteed as NX found out when they wanted the A1 to pick up at Hyde Park Corner and were refused during daytime!

The 'half the price of the train ticket'  is only half true. It is half the price of a Virgin season ticket, but London Midland's season is much closer to the £4321 figure, and journey time from International is still faster to London than this coach.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2013, 05:58:04 PM

Not according to the route 1 article who have named to person behind this, who claims to have already sold some tickets? It seems likely to me that this will

Who in their right mind would part with that amount of money before you even know the exact start point, or the times the buses were running? They also haven't actually got TfL approval to use the Marylebone bus stop yet, this is not guaranteed as NX found out when they wanted the A1 to pick up at Hyde Park Corner and were refused during daytime!

The 'half the price of the train ticket'  is only half true. It is half the price of a Virgin season ticket, but London Midland's season is much closer to the £4321 figure, and journey time from International is still faster to London than this coach.

Yes but Tony this has your own personal particular seat....
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Dylan4579

By 15 minutes

TinnedPeaches

Blimey! I second the opinions above. It looks worryingly amateurish. With no mention of it being run by an established existing company, I'd think more than twice about parting with such a huge amount of money a) so early before the service begins operating, and b) to a business that doesn't seem to have proven track record in operating such services.

Plus I'd be a bit worried about getting off a left-hand drive King Long when I arrived in London - stepping off straight into traffic (!)

Stu

We know the lengths that 'CityFox' went to as part of their university project (registering as a legal company etc), is it not possible that someone involved has a contact at Route 1 who has 'helped' them out with an article in their magazine for some 'fake' publicity?

It just seems odd that £4321 is a standout figure that could be made-up. And yes, anyone who signed up would at this point be a very brave person!

Just my thoughts anyway...

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ex BC driver

They say "no congestion". Congestion can crop up anywhere at anytime

Stuharris 6360

Are these people real,

for a start, there contact address is a P.O box number

KingCommute
PO Box 7677
Brackley
NN13 9BB

They claim to "avoid imminent rail price rises", how can you when rail fares go up in January & there service starts in April.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk