News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Mike Decourcey's Metrobuses all gone

Started by t.w.moore, December 23, 2013, 03:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.w.moore

I can tell you that the last two ex WMPTE and Travel West Midland Metrobuses in the Mike de Courcey fleet have been withdrawn. 656 ROX 656Y and 666 ROX 666Y left the depot in early December. I know 666 has gone to Onswitch of Grantham. The bus will be kept whole, but will be a source of spares for A684 UOE ex 584 that was converted to a mobile training vehicle, notable  for aspiring veterinary surgeons,equipped with
top deck video room and conference lounge and further conference rooms lower saloon. This mobile training centre is named 'Bertha' and is painted black with wide opening centre doors and no front entrance.

Keeping 666 whole..although parts can be taken off for use in 'Bertha' and later replaced is a move to secure what could be a further use for the bus.

Mike had 24 Metro buses, 21 were WMPTE and Travel West Midland buses btween 2001-Dec. 2013

Mike de Courcey has also added to the fleet 5 Mercedes-Benz 16 seaters that are in use on the Jaguar Works park n ride service, introduced a couple of months ago. The Mercs travel from a car park near the depot to the Jaguar Works at Whitley and Jaguar at Gaydon, the passengers are guests and workers of Jaguar who park their cars at Rowley Road. Mikes full sized coaches are also used on the service.

5 ex London Tridents were also added to the fleet during the summer, two are in service, the others are in stages of restoration, they are V325 KGW, V315 KGW and V314 KGW, W307 KGW M401 RVU, and  One is at Birmingham depot of Mike de Courcey, and as I have not seen all of them yet I can not add further details 

Liverpool Street

Thanks for posting this.

I don't know for sure but when were they last used?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Eric Shaw

Some very interesting articles about De Courcey in Bus @ Coach Week this week. They show 2 Metrobuses still in service, which contradicts this topic. They have used Tony's fleet list for their information according to the article.

Solo1

Any one got the link to the de courcey  story in bus coach
Week

D10

Quote from: Solo1 on January 30, 2014, 06:55:56 AM
Any one got the link to the de courcey  story in bus coach
Week

I subscribe to CBW, so the link I have wouldn't work as you need to log into an account. So not sure if there is a "free" link.

James4368

is they any that de courcey kept because im visiting there garage in Coventry tomorrow
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk