News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Preserved Buses

Started by Dylan4579, December 14, 2013, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

MOF 35 is hopefully being collected by National Express in about a weeks time.

It will be taken to Walsall for restoration

Stevo

Just a thought - how about doing it in WMPTE livery with the lighter blue? There are plenty of BCT standards in BCT very dark blue.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on May 20, 2018, 07:10:32 PM
Just a thought - how about doing it in WMPTE livery with the lighter blue? There are plenty of BCT standards in BCT very dark blue.

I've already said that is the aim

Stevo

Nice pictures of some Wythall Midland Reds just put on the site. That's me conducting 5399. Thanks, Tony!

Tony

If anyone wants to see or photograph 2957 I am due to pick a private hire party up with it on Smallbrook Queensway at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

It will also be attending, and likely running at the Aldridge museum running day on Sunday

DJ

Quote from: Tony on July 06, 2018, 09:22:35 PMIt will also be attending, and likely running at the Aldridge museum running day on Sunday

Cheers for the heads up, I'll be sure to grab some shots and hopefully manage to get a ride on it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on July 06, 2018, 09:22:35 PM
If anyone wants to see or photograph 2957 I am due to pick a private hire party up with it on Smallbrook Queensway at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

It will also be attending, and likely running at the Aldridge museum running day on Sunday

Just seen 2957 in Birmingham City Centre. I suppose this sighting will be somewhat be a collectors item once the Birmingham Clean Air Zone comes into effect?

metrocity

Quote from: Straightlines on July 07, 2018, 10:58:06 AM
Just seen 2957 in Birmingham City Centre. I suppose this sighting will be somewhat be a collectors item once the Birmingham Clean Air Zone comes into effect?
At the rate NX are investing in preserved vehicles it will be retrofitted to Euro 6!

MW

Quote from: Straightlines on July 07, 2018, 10:58:06 AM

I doubt it. Are buses charged when they're not in service? I drove plenty of Plaxton Presidents through the City Centre when returning from Perry Barr to Acocks Green off the 11, whilst the Euro 3 thing was in force.

And even if they do get fined, they'll probably add that cost to the person booking the bus.

Jack

I saw 2957 earlier on Walsall Road by Perry Avenue while I was on 1877.

D10

A very smart looking Bedford Plaxton coach MFS 444P just gone down my road in Kidderminster!  :o

Trident 4609

Preserved West Midlands Travel 'Timesaver' MCW Metrobus Mk2 2912 (N912 NDA) passed through Walsall town centre about 1pm.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Nathan on November 17, 2018, 01:32:09 PM
Preserved West Midlands Travel 'Timesaver' MCW Metrobus Mk2 2912 (N912 NDA) passed through Walsall town centre about 1pm.

It had passed it's MOT today, so the owner decided to take it for a spin around the Walsall area.

Paul

West Bromwich corp 101 on 74 to Dudley

Trident 4609

Former Travel Dundee/Travel West Midlands/National Express Optare Spectra/DAF DB250LF 4002 (R2 NEG), the first low floor double decker built and introduced in Scotland has been secured for preservation by the Scotbus Preservation Group.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk