News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Another fire victim

Started by BU07 LGO, December 07, 2013, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Just seen this picture someone uploaded on Facebook, not sure where it is but ill try to find out

Its definitely a Perry Barr Gemini

BU07 LGO

Id have said either Witton Lodge road area (7/65 route)

Rob H

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 07, 2013, 03:04:25 PM
Id have said either Witton Lodge road area (7/65 route)

Same here :) looks like it was on the 7
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

John

Its at the Crossways, junction of College Road/Hawthorn Road. Will have been on the 7 (It will turn left at the road behind the railings, the 28 continues down Short Heath Road in front of the bus)

That one is more than likely arson

BU07 LGO

Yeah I think your right john, shame as it had just been refurbished whichever one it is.

Not far from where the b7 alx lost its roof either

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 07, 2013, 03:35:29 PM
Yeah I think your right john, shame as it had just been refurbished whichever one it is.

Not far from where the b7 alx lost its roof either

It looks distinctly more like an arson attack, with the fire started on the rear top deck. The engine compartment looks to be unaffected

Ex BC driver

There's a picture on the Birmingham Updates Facebook page, looks like it's 4502 on the 7

notepanel

Quote from: Ex BC driver on December 07, 2013, 03:49:47 PM
There's a picture on the Birmingham Updates Facebook page, looks like it's 4502 on the 7

Also on Twitter from Perry Barr Fire Station https://twitter.com/ade6593/status/409336209358352385

Additionally, it is confirmed as being treated as Arson on the BBC Birmingham 'local live' feed.

John

Its also lucky that Perry Barr Fire Station is right over the road from this location (behind the photographer), or it might have been a whole lot worse.

4777 is also off the road, looks like it has a small engine fire, dumped at the back of the garage earlier this week

CL

Would it be likely for 4502 to return to service? Or even if it might be repaired?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: John on December 07, 2013, 05:39:33 PM
Its also lucky that Perry Barr Fire Station is right over the road from this location (behind the photographer), or it might have been a whole lot worse.

Very lucky indeed, did wonder that when I saw the photo, bet it caused some interesting chaos closing that junction (or did they just close Perry Common road?)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

lynx1103

It is 4502 I think it be repaired

nx4737

I'm no expert, but that's clearly Arson...

Sc*m.

The Real 4778

Absolutely - in fact scum is putting it very mildly indeed.
Don't you start.

winston

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 08, 2013, 11:30:28 AM
Absolutely - in fact scum is putting it very mildly indeed.

Fingers cross that they've been caught on camera & get prosecuted/have to pay the repair bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk