News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

WN 4577 is back out freshly repainted/refurbished

Gareth

Saw freshly reprinted 1800 on the 17 earlier. It has had a full seat retrim, as enquired yesterday.

It also has the white fleet name above the door rather than the usual red, blue and grey one in the middle.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on June 12, 2013, 03:24:00 PM
Saw freshly reprinted 1800 on the 17 earlier. It has had a full seat retrim, as enquired yesterday.

It also has the white fleet name above the door rather than the usual red, blue and grey one in the middle.

Cheers Gareth, that was me enquiring about a retrim

JackC

Quote from: Gareth on June 12, 2013, 03:24:00 PM

Starting to think with the E200s, the latest batch of B7RLEs (minus 2154) and now the Ex-Coventry Scanias that the white name above the door is becoming standard. I do hope so, looks much better there imo.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2013, 11:13:20 PM

Just went to post that. On the 59 today. Possible new 126 branding?

John

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 13, 2013, 03:50:33 PM

I would think that if there was to be new 126 branding, different Tridents might be used to even out the mileage on the others (the same reason for the 44** 900 branded Tridents).

New branding would be nice, but its a shame that the last route with the coloured circle branding is disappearing

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on June 13, 2013, 03:54:06 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 13, 2013, 03:50:33 PM

I would think that if there was to be new 126 branding, different Tridents might be used to even out the mileage on the others (the same reason for the 44** 900 branded Tridents).

New branding would be nice, but its a shame that the last route with the coloured circle branding is disappearing

I like to see branding, but the problem is that it does restrict buses to certain routes, and if they are long distant routes, the miles start to quickly add up

Probably a daft suggestion, but its a pity they couldn't put some sort of electronic display on the buses which could then show multiple route brandings and then virtually any route could be branded.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Strangley enough i had the exact idea stu! :)

JackC

Am I the only one that wishes they'd put that tiny little bit more effort in when re-painting the Omnilinks and actually left the silver trim at the front silver rather than just plaster the entire thing with red paint?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: JackC on June 13, 2013, 10:42:57 PM
Am I the only one that wishes they'd put that tiny little bit more effort in when re-painting the Omnilinks and actually left the silver trim at the front silver rather than just plaster the entire thing with red paint?

I agree they look cheap and nasty

The Real 4778

Remember when certain management, in its fit of petulance, decreed that some unwanted S C A N I A labels should all be scraped off the same silver panel...  I often wondered who ended up doing it and how much it cost.

Did they think punters would be confused and imagine it was the name of a new operator?
Don't you start.

PM

Quote from: The Real 4778 on June 14, 2013, 06:47:26 AM
Remember when certain management, in its fit of petulance, decreed that some unwanted S C A N I A labels should all be scraped off the same silver panel...  I often wondered who ended up doing it and how much it cost.

Did they think punters would be confused and imagine it was the name of a new operator?

Or were they ashamed of showing they had bought cheap nasty buses made in Poland

The Real 4778

LOL!

I doubt anyone other than the bus-savvy and those inside the industry would make the Polish connection; I doubt whether your average John or Jane Doe would even know Scania's Swedish, to be honest.
Don't you start.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Peter123 on June 14, 2013, 11:28:28 AM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on June 14, 2013, 06:47:26 AM

Or were they ashamed of showing they had bought cheap nasty buses made in Poland

Hahaha!!

Does anyone think management sit down and think; 'Well that was a bad idea..'
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 14, 2013, 12:35:16 AM
Quote from: JackC on June 13, 2013, 10:42:57 PM

I agree they look cheap and nasty

Yes, just look how good 1833 looks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk