News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgr

Is it just me or has 4338 also had new tinted windows?

Stu

4025 is out on the 1 today, and looks 'brand-new'  8)

Compared to the other recently-repainted Presidents on this route today, you can really see the difference, as you can't see the gaps between panels, looks smooth all over.

Nice work, now maybe soon 4111 and 4112 will get the same treatment!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Thinking about it. Does the 11 even need to go fully president?

MW

Quote from: 4504 on May 27, 2012, 09:28:00 PM
Thinking about it. Does the 11 even need to go fully president?

As it stands, AG requires the following:

8 Geminis for the 5
8 or 9 Geminis for the 31
3-4 (off the top of my head) Geminis for the 73

Adding that all up, AG requires 21 Geminis, plus say 3 for the 37 peak boards. That's 24, plus spares, so say 28 Geminis roughly. That leaves upto 17 Geminis to work the 11, along with 25 Presidents (based on a PVR of 42 for the 11), and that's not including any extra workings such as some 11E school journeys. The amount of Geminis is based on 4635-4679, and not the last few 4511-4534 batch left, as they are expected to transfer to West Bromwich sooner or later.

To sum up, the 11 does not necessarily have to be all President operated, but there's the possibility that another garage (such as BC) would need replacements for it's own Presidents, so 17 Geminis available for the 11 could move over in exchange for even more Presidents.

A possible move would be 17 Geminis to PB, 17 B7 ALX to BC and 17 President to AG, or just a straight swap, as either way, BC would have to gain another vehicle type.

Ashley

An idea that I had. Swap BC's Presidents fort WA's Tridents. I know the numbers don't match but its an idea

My idea was the presidents, BC > AG
Could be replaced by WA tridents
Then WA could receive some AG geminis maybe, as WA already have some examples

MW

Quote from: 4504 on May 29, 2012, 09:32:29 PM
My idea was the presidents, BC > AG
Could be replaced by WA tridents
Then WA could receive some AG geminis maybe, as WA already have some examples

I'd rather see BC gain Geminis than more Tridents, although AG losing any of 4635-4679 is unlikely, and seeing as they only have 4-5 older Geminis left, I think they're much more likely to just swap with Presidents from WB to keep the same batches together.

BC gaining Geminis wouldn't be so unpractical. The controls pretty much identical to the Presidents in the cabin, with only the Hanover display stuff being on top of you instead of in front on the Presidents, along with other minor controls. I would have thought that some parts can be interchanged with the Eclipse2's so it would be even more practical.

John

Quote from: Michael on May 29, 2012, 09:41:15 PM
I'd rather see BC gain Geminis

I still think that the Gemini's at Walsall should have gone to Birmingham Central for the 900. Maybe refurbish a few more in the 467* to high back seating and these could run the 900's. This could then get rid of around 10 President's (Whatever the PVR of the 900/E is).

Ash

Alot of this vehicle transferring is due to WB not getting any brand new buses for a long time and having the oldest average fleet age as in recent times the only new double deckers WB have actually had is the Dudley road '06' Gemini's the alx400 and presidents were all new to other garages and now the newest full length single deckers are V reg mercs (excluding the alx200 darts). WB must be due some new buses especially with the sandwell bus review coming up.

winston

Quote from: Ashley on May 29, 2012, 08:56:14 PM
An idea that I had. Swap BC's Presidents fort WA's Tridents. I know the numbers don't match but its an idea

One problem with that idea, is that WA now only have 13 Tridents left, while BC still has 27 Presidents to replace

So either way, BC are getting a different type of bus. I hope they receive B7/ALXs

Quote from: winston on May 29, 2012, 09:56:50 PM

One problem with that idea, is that WA now only have 13 Tridents left, while BC still has 27 Presidents to replace

Ash

A direct swap of 27 presidents to Coventry and then send 27 tridents to BC and then send Coventry's 10 Gemini's to WB in return for 10 presidents, this suggestion is a bit unrealistic but is simple

Ashley

That could work, would just take time to repaint the red fronts to blue

Ash

It has happened to a few mercs recently tho to 1547, 1557 and 1655 have just has their fronts repainted

winston

I'm sure I saw on another thread on here, that BC was eventually to become an all Volvo garage, if that is likely to happen, then there will certainly need to be a large number of swaps / or a change in double deck buying policy away from the current Enviro 400's. To back that up it is looking likely that BC will end up with all Volvo Hybrids, while WN will have the Enviro 400H.

I'd certainly be happy to see some Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini's ordered for 2013

Quote from: 4504 on May 29, 2012, 10:03:17 PM
So either way, BC are getting a different type of bus. I hope they receive B7/ALXs

Quote from: winston on May 29, 2012, 09:56:50 PM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk