News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Arriva Midlands

Started by AMD, November 20, 2013, 07:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Lol every time I caught x31 there were quite a lot of people on it..more than a 19 lmaoooo

Westy

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 26, 2013, 10:24:01 PM
Come on boys why do we need a cannock to brum bus for, hasn't some1 on here already sed there's no need because the trains the best thing since sliced bread because London Midland are so perfect aren't they lol

Anyone watched Midlands Today tonight then? LOL

Bob

Westy

Quote from: bob on November 27, 2013, 08:22:42 PM
No why lol

They had someone on from LM.

Have you checked out Iplayer?

arrivaaston

X31 was a good route I do think 3740/3741 would of been better than the scanias

Bob

It was a good idea but no way on earth could it work on the m6...shouldve been routed down a34 from beginning. ...

woody38

Hi AMD welcome to the forum, as a regular user of buses in the Wolverhampton area why do you bother with the 19 you cannot make any money on this route as every time I have seen it there is hardly anybody on it, have you thought about linking it with the 18 to give a much imnproved service between Wolverhampton & Lydale Park.  I now the route is long but withdrawing it from New Cross was a mistake people where really glad of that link from Wolves to the hospital but I guess timekeeping was a problem, would it not be better to run it Between Wolverhampton & Bloxwich. These are just my opinions & I am not trying to tell you how to do your job.

I see on the Vosa website today 28/11/2013 there are planned route & timetable changes to route 10 Wolverhampton to Perton as a regular user of the route can you tell me what these planned changes are, as this is a shared route with NXWM it seems stupid to change the route if NXWM are leaving there route the same.

As I have said before these are just my opinions and I look forward to your reply

Bob

And could you elaborate a bit on the forthcoming transfers?

Bob

Also is it correct that cannock are no longer going to be having the new pulsars shortly?

Bob

Hi amd just wondering if you would be replying to any of the questions ? :)

Stu

Quote from: AMD on December 13, 2013, 07:03:28 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thank you for the various route suggestions, all of these will be taken into consideration.

In response to your question Justin, real time Apps for both IOS and Android are in the pipeline.

Your app is already available, it just needs real-time data to be available, rather than timetabled information.  ;)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.hafas.android.arriva&hl=en

Although I only travel on National Express bus services myself, I'm pleased to see another 'big operator' enter the area. I appreciate you won't be able to reveal commercially sensitive details, but do you have plans to try and grow your business in this area and try and 'take on' NX, who are the main dominant player? Do you think it is possible to 'grow' currently subsidised services and make them commercially viable, or to introduce new commercial services incorporating parts of those routes?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nx4737

I've downloaded the Arriva app (iOS) and so far I'm confused, the live map doesn't show anything, no stops, no bus info, just a map...

Westy

Whoever is doing the Arriva Midlands West Facebook page seems to have a sense of humour.

Someone's asked about car spares & the guy has given him an answer!

You don't get that with NX!

monkeyjoe

Would love to see another large operator take on NXWM on key routes. It's what deregulation is all about. NXWM just seem so arrogant. Love to see you guys find commercial opportunities in East Brum especially , that are not just copy cat but enhance the network and offer added benefits( i.e new routes, links & speedier routes).

Bob

I wouldnt hold your breath lol. Cant see them taking on nx and winning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk