News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Arriva Midlands

Started by AMD, November 20, 2013, 07:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Doubt they'll ever do a cannock brum bus again....

arrivadays

Is it true that Telford will be getting more Citaros in the near future? :)
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Justin Tyme

Hello AMD.

Is Real Time Information for Android phones on the horizon for Arriva Midlands?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 21, 2013, 07:46:17 PM
Has Arriva Wednesfield ever thought about extending the 310 to Stourbridge via the X96 route or Delph Road and Brettle Lane to capture some passengers from the Stourbridge - Dudley market - or considered running on the X96 Wollaston to Merry Hill section?

310's loadings coming into Dudley this morning seems fairly good, almost full so definitely see some potential somewhere with it, as a lot of the passengers alighting seemed to head mostly for other bus stops

Bob

Bob

Possibly seperate the 31/2/3 timetables, theyre quite confusing for passengers. Allocate a couple of deckers to cannock for certain trips on the stafford services? Upgrade route 1 by either repainting & refurbishing the existing buses ( I believe theyre the only un refurbished commanders of this vintage in the entire midlands fleet! ) or putting newer buses on it? And maybe get rid of some of the older buses that are constantly breaking down?  Cannock must lose quite a lot of trips on routes is anything to go by

Bob

Oh and as previously suggested by someone else could you not bring back a cannock to brum service that avoids them6?

Bob

Bob

Do they include reintroduction of double deckers?

arrifirststage

Would it be worth considering a 30 minute service (heavily advertised)
STAFFORD-CANNOCK-WALSALL,
with an infill service (also Every 30 minutes
HEDNESFORD-CANNOCK-WALSALL
Thus giving a 15 minute frequency Walsall -Cannock,but avoiding changes of buses in Cannock as well as hopefully saving on vehicle stand time at Cannock
This same principle could be used for Stafford -Cannock-Wolverhampton,again advertising many more oportunities for passengers.

Bob

Quote from: arrifirststage on November 26, 2013, 04:07:52 PM
Would it be worth considering a 30 minute service (heavily advertised)
STAFFORD-CANNOCK-WALSALL,
with an infill service (also Every 30 minutes
HEDNESFORD-CANNOCK-WALSALL
Thus giving a 15 minute frequency Walsall -Cannock,but avoiding changes of buses in Cannock as well as hopefully saving on vehicle stand time at Cannock
This same principle could be used for Stafford -Cannock-Wolverhampton,again advertising many more oportunities for passengers.

Up until the 90s services were always Hednesford cannock walsall

the trainbasher

Would extending the 1 to city via the X51 stopping points (numbering it X1 perhaps) be viable?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 26, 2013, 04:48:17 PM
Would extending the 1 to city via the X51 stopping points (numbering it X1 perhaps) be viable?

Ya no ive often thought that myself! !! But on reflection would it be better being the 2? As theres more pick up points ( cheslyn hay landywood etc) but then again thatd be in direct competition with the train. Whereas straight up the a34 would have an advantage of not having to mess about getting to the station if you live en route. Both routes would have a unique selking point of a direct all day service to & from brum from leamore and bloxwich

Westy

Quote from: bob on November 26, 2013, 05:46:53 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 26, 2013, 04:48:17 PM

Ya no ive often thought that myself! !! But on reflection would it be better being the 2? As theres more pick up points ( cheslyn hay landywood etc) but then again thatd be in direct competition with the train. Whereas straight up the a34 would have an advantage of not having to mess about getting to the station if you live en route. Both routes would have a unique selking point of a direct all day service to & from brum from leamore and bloxwich

Now if my sister didn't have a special bus pass from her work,  that would be an option for her.

(Her pass is NX only, I don't think she could change it!)

arrivaaston

Come on boys why do we need a cannock to brum bus for, hasn't some1 on here already sed there's no need because the trains the best thing since sliced bread because London Midland are so perfect aren't they lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk