News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Arriva Midlands

Started by AMD, November 20, 2013, 07:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMD

I work for Arriva and, having noted representatives from other companies engaging in this forum to good effect, I would like to offer answers to any reasonable and non-commercially sensitive questions in this thread.

I have engaged in this forum in the past as well as casually observing.

Stu

Welcome to the forum AMD! Maybe one of the admins can 'sticky' this topic to keep it on top.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Is there anything you can't answer, so some sort of ground rules can be set?

Example - Can you explain Wednesfield depot's reasoning about putting double deckers on the likes of the 19, when it has been stated many times on this forum what the loadings are like?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on November 20, 2013, 08:42:49 PM
Welcome to the forum AMD! Maybe one of the admins can 'sticky' this topic to keep it on top.

Done.

I presume AMD stands for Arriva Midlands Director? Or Arriva Managing Director?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 20, 2013, 10:37:58 PM

Done.

Simon Mathieson?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2013, 10:39:54 PM

Done.

Simon Mathieson?

Oh, lol, forgot about him! Why was I thinking he moved to First?

Quote from: AMD on November 20, 2013, 10:43:55 PM

Done.

No, just an abbreviation for Arriva Midlands. I am based at one of the local sites.

OK, thanks.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

mranon

heres a question, why do your no.10 service wolverhampton to perton drivers keep being allocated buses without the transponder device to activate perton barrier. it happened again tonight the driver had to go around the long way again, and ended up being late !! bet the poor sod had some stick throughout his shift! also, if they are running late, are they supposed to still go around perton clockwise/anticlockwise or can they just go round the one way.

nx4737

Hi, are the rumors about the 110 going Sapphire true or just driver gossip?

arrivaaston

Are 3701/2/3/4 ever going to be resprayed and refurbished

John

Quote from: Westy on November 20, 2013, 10:24:29 PM
Is there anything you can't answer, so some sort of ground rules can be set?

Example - Can you explain Wednesfield depot's reasoning about putting double deckers on the likes of the 19, when it has been stated many times on this forum what the loadings are like?

The loadings on the 19 are not as bad as made out on here

Bob

They still wouldn't fill a MPD dart though,  so vehicles like that would make sense from a passenger numbers & probably economical point of view. ...

arrifirststage

Hello.
Can you say whether Wednesfield garage is considered to be fully integrated with the rest of AMN yet,it seems strange that the 604 and the Sutton Sainsbury Free Bus are not worked from Tamworth.
Unless there is to be further integration in the future.
Thank You.

the trainbasher

Has Arriva Wednesfield ever thought about extending the 310 to Stourbridge via the X96 route or Delph Road and Brettle Lane to capture some passengers from the Stourbridge - Dudley market - or considered running on the X96 Wollaston to Merry Hill section?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Is there any truth in the rumour that cannock are going to receive some deckers to convert the stafford routes? ??

covlad27

Isnt it about time there was a proper service review at Cannock.  There are some very badly timed routes and some that could do with being re routed or cancelled.

Can a service to birmingham not be reintroduced from cannock but not using the motorway that was the failure of theX31

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk