News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Quote from: Winston on April 11, 2016, 01:12:56 PM
What's happened to 20716 ME52BLU?
It definitely isn't at Kidderminster it has literally disappeared apparently it is Sorn according to DVLA so I don't know what's happened to it.

StourportSam

30935 has been operating from Kidderminster this week

Reece

Quote from: StourportSam on April 14, 2016, 12:28:58 AM
30935 has been operating from Kidderminster this week
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me because 43 is now run out from the Kidderminster depot so there has been a increase in the PVR and also the 42 needs 2-3 buses.

winston

Quote from: Reece on April 14, 2016, 06:34:38 AM
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me because 43 is now run out from the Kidderminster depot so there has been a increase in the PVR and also the 42 needs 2-3 buses.

The 42 is pretty much a direct replacement for the X3, the Pvr for the 3 may have also fallen since the changes

Reece

I think Diamond are hopeful that Kiddy depot can improve the reliability of the 43 but they are still short of drivers so time will tell I guess.

winston

Quote from: Reece on April 14, 2016, 10:06:11 AM
I think Diamond are hopeful that Kiddy depot can improve the reliability of the 43 but they are still short of drivers so time will tell I guess.

I assume that some drivers may have transferred with the 43 from RH, the intention may have been to move the 43 to KR to ease the the driver requirements at RH if they are also still short

Has MAN/Meridan 30536 not put in an appearance yet?

Reece

Quote from: Winston on April 14, 2016, 10:11:11 AM
I assume that some drivers may have transferred with the 43 from RH, the intention may have been to move the 43 to KR to ease the the driver requirements at RH if they are also still short

Has MAN/Meridan 30536 not put in an appearance yet?
Well apparently Redditch is really short of drivers Kidderminster is only short by about 3 I think at a guess. Simon Dunn told me in a email on Monday that 30536 is on its way to Kidderminster but I don't think it's here yet. I have got a feeling it's probably at Tividale waiting for someone to drive it across to Kidderminster. Kidderminster does need the extra buses at the moment because they have 33 buses 5 of which are VOR.

Will

32101 (YJ07 JDZ) currently on the 3
Stourbridge   125

winston

Quote from: Reece on April 14, 2016, 10:51:03 AM
Well apparently Redditch is really short of drivers Kidderminster is only short by about 3 I think at a guess. Simon Dunn told me in a email on Monday that 30536 is on its way to Kidderminster but I don't think it's here yet. I have got a feeling it's probably at Tividale waiting for someone to drive it across to Kidderminster. Kidderminster does need the extra buses at the moment because they have 33 buses 5 of which are VOR.

30536 visited Preston Deepdale Rd before the end of March, then was back at Atherton by the end of March having ticket machines removed / been tidied up for transfer etc. It's already allover blue so not totally sure where it is/what the delay is

Reece

Kevin

Quote from: Reece on April 14, 2016, 06:57:39 PM
Looks like passangers are not happy about the X3 being withdrawn.

http://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/bromsgrove-redditch-bus-users-hit-x3-143-replaced-less-direct-42-43/

Some people are just going to complain for the sake of complaining.
Previous timetable was effectively an hourly service, because of the timings leaving each bus station, but now a half hourly service I'd say is an improvement
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Cedric

Quote from: Kevin on April 14, 2016, 07:53:00 PM
Previous timetable was effectively an hourly service, because of the timings leaving each bus station, but now a half hourly service I'd say is an improvement
very  true  kevin  the idea I think behind this was to make the services  more able to keep to time the x3 replacement the 42 not going to stourport  cut out going along the busiest road in the area, and when it goes to Kidderminster hospital it goes in a loop which means only going through a bottleneck  once  and it covers that part of the x3   
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Kevin on April 14, 2016, 07:53:00 PM

I've overheard a few unhappy people today and yesterday bemoaning there is no direct bus from Stourport to Kidderminster hospital now. To be honest, whilst the 42/43 seem generally to be an improvement, its Stourport that has lost out with a lower frequency 3 service and as above no service to the hospital.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on April 14, 2016, 09:21:06 PM
I've overheard a few unhappy people today and yesterday bemoaning there is no direct bus from Stourport to Kidderminster hospital now. To be honest, whilst the 42/43 seem generally to be an improvement, its Stourport that has lost out with a lower frequency 3 service and as above no service to the hospital.
parts of Kidderminster have no direct service to the hospital  as well as stourport  and the 3 may have a lower frequency now  but it  still has the most frequent service in the area  and the one that  finish the latest   and the only one with a sunday service  in the area
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Winston on April 14, 2016, 01:08:34 PM
30536 visited Preston Deepdale Rd before the end of March, then was back at Atherton by the end of March having ticket machines removed / been tidied up for transfer etc. It's already allover blue so not totally sure where it is/what the delay is
Well it looks like 30536 is back at Atherton again.
https://flic.kr/p/GjeGxL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk