News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Quote from: MW on January 20, 2016, 02:21:24 PM
They don't want to spend the money on staff and maintenance ultimately. A manager there said to me, the longer the money is in Rotala's bank accounts, the more interest they build from it, which is interesting. But yeah, the general impression is they don't want to spend the money, because they've got no competition and they don't need to. If another operator set up in Redditch, then they'd probably sort themselves out, but there isn't enough trade really for another operator I suppose.

Rather telling of Diamond there - they might want to be careful with Signature in the future though - sure the likes of Johnsons (or NX on the off chance) might be knocking if they're not careful.

Martin

I got on the last 303 from Worcester (20263.) And excuse my language but the fxxxxxg bus expired at the last stop on Worcester Road before the island on the A449...... I used to be on diamonds side but this takes the peer.  >:(
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

jc

Man Meridian 30535 currently working X3

winston

Quote from: jc on January 23, 2016, 06:20:25 PM
Man Meridian 30535 currently working X3

I thought that they may end up at KR to join the rest of the MAN's there

jc

Certainly adds a bit of variety, complete with Green Diamonds

winston

Quote from: jc on January 23, 2016, 06:29:45 PM
Certainly adds a bit of variety, complete with Green Diamonds

I don't think they're at the greatest buses being MAN's, but with Wright bodywork & providing extra capacity I'm sure they'll be of benefit

Reece

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on January 23, 2016, 06:38:28 PM
I don't think they're at the greatest buses being MAN's, but with Wright bodywork & providing extra capacity I'm sure they'll be of benefit

I do remember having one last summer on a Trafford Centre to Leigh service and it went like a rocket. Probably abit more to it I know. I do recall high backed seats and new seat trim.

For all the bad press, the Worcestershire fleets are definitely full of variety.

StourportSam

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 25, 2016, 02:16:29 PM
For all the bad press, the Worcestershire fleets are definitely full of variety.

In all honesty, from a passenger's point of view there don't seem to be any problems at Kidderminster so far this year. Diamond have largely replaced the unreliable buses that were causing problems and have heavily recruited new drivers to fill the gaps that were causing service problems.

What its like behind the scenes, I don't know, same for things in Redditch - I don't go there or use the buses there so don't know.

Cedric

in Kidderminster at midday only 4 darts in bus station 20032 , 20572 (which was on the X3)  and 2   could id   a 51 and a 54 regs   ,   the bus  I was getting on was a dart also did not id it . it was the midday 10 from Kidderminster. wonder where all the old darts have gone. is the streetlite still in Kidderminster?
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on January 25, 2016, 02:21:33 PM
In all honesty, from a passenger's point of view there don't seem to be any problems at Kidderminster so far this year. Diamond have largely replaced the unreliable buses that were causing problems and have heavily recruited new drivers to fill the gaps that were causing service problems.

What its like behind the scenes, I don't know, same for things in Redditch - I don't go there or use the buses there so don't know.
Sam I agree with you about Kidderminster   totally
diamond 8\10/125/292

B61 ANDREW

Went past the depot at Kiddy this afternoon and wow, how many vehicles ?? Is there room at night to park all the buses used during the day as well  ??   :o

Solo1

Quote from: Reece on January 25, 2016, 01:09:47 PM
30535 - PF09LCO is on the 2
any more due front slt diamond north west

StourportSam

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 25, 2016, 05:26:06 PM
Went past the depot at Kiddy this afternoon and wow, how many vehicles ?? Is there room at night to park all the buses used during the day as well  ??   :o

Yes, you'd be surprised. The back area is not used for service buses anyway so does not take up room needed by other buses in use.

winston

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 25, 2016, 02:16:29 PM
I do remember having one last summer on a Trafford Centre to Leigh service and it went like a rocket. Probably abit more to it I know. I do recall high backed seats and new seat trim.

They do have higher backed seats, I've not been on one but they do appear to take quite a long time to sell on the used market with Drew Wilson & currently Wheelers having a number of examples for sale for some time. They should certainly provide passengers on the X3 & other longer distance routes with a far more comfortable journey compared with a Dart, makes sense to move them in to KR with the remainder of Diamond's MAN's

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk