News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2023, 09:48:06 PMMy main gripe is with the X2, yes I am well aware about the X1. No relief and yet drivers wonder why passengers get ratty. The driver of 6892 let us all on knowing the bus wouldn't move, revving the hell of it. Until me and another passenger demanded he opened the doors so we can board 6846 and saying that 6892 has broken down, then once we all got off he drives off with 'X2 Solihull Town' on the destination. Absolute joke.

Why should I catch the 60? I don't want to be sitting through Small Heath traffic when I can be in Yardley half the time the 60 will take at that time of day when it's prayer time.
Another I'll informed comment. Drivers do not ' let passengers on knowing it is not going anywhere ', no driver wants the hassle of having to ask everyone to get off. What job do you do? Would you like people mind reading what you are thinking badly?

dw1308

Quote from: Jack on September 01, 2023, 09:48:06 PMMy main gripe is with the X2, yes I am well aware about the X1. No relief and yet drivers wonder why passengers get ratty. The driver of 6892 let us all on knowing the bus wouldn't move, revving the hell of it. Until me and another passenger demanded he opened the doors so we can board 6846 and saying that 6892 has broken down, then once we all got off he drives off with 'X2 Solihull Town' on the destination. Absolute joke.

Why should I catch the 60? I don't want to be sitting through Small Heath traffic when I can be in Yardley half the time the 60 will take at that time of day when it's prayer time.
So when there is no relief do you not think us drivers get annoyed? If anything we get more annoyed than you passengers because we either want to have our break or finish our duty. Have you considered there could have been a fault with the vehicle that once rectified the driver received instruction from garage to resume service as the X2. Why would you not use all available services to get to your destination if your destination is served by 3 different services. This is what passengers do not understand as drivers we are given instructions over the radio which we have to follow which often means us drivers are not flavour of the month with passengers but at the end of the day we are doing our job

mesub

4 way temporary traffic lights in Harborne seem to have the 23/4 running in pairs.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Jack

Nice to see that the 22:30 and 22:32 departures of the X51 and 997 are either extremely late or a no show, joke on a evening...

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Jack on September 07, 2023, 10:15:29 PMNice to see that the 22:30 and 22:32 departures of the X51 and 997 are either extremely late or a no show, joke on a evening...
There is always a reason maybe both buses broke down as loads of breakdowns tonight due to heat 

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on September 07, 2023, 10:17:22 PMThere is always a reason maybe both buses broke down as loads of breakdowns tonight due to heat
I very much doubt that, 6753 is 35 minutes late, 1835 was 24 minutes late and has disappeared off bustimes, typical NX leaving people stranded in the evenings...

Looks like 1835 ran dead from Walsall to Brum, makes a change as in NX standard it has to run the full route and become even more late...

BNH2004

Forgot to post earlier
The 15:46 (833) was running 28 Minutes late followed the 16:06 (4991) that was only running 6 minutes late both on  WN4 this afternoon

18WilliamsLi

4743 left dudley this evening 45 mins late

4773 on the 12s ran late most of late morning early afternoon, tired engine no guts for hills at all city rd huge struggle up, i got my 30 minutes of overtime payment so i,m not bothered. engineers say fit for service i drive them till they break down, then i put my feet up and chill out to BBC sounds. 

Trident 4194

The 4 corridor was hit badly this morning due to the accident on the motorway. Saw 2 4Hs in convoy one 40 mins and one an hour late 

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 12, 2023, 08:31:01 PMThe 4 corridor was hit badly this morning due to the accident on the motorway. Saw 2 4Hs in convoy one 40 mins and one an hour late
Every route anywhere near Junction 1 of the M5 or Junction 7 of the M6 was.

I took 7517 back from the paint shop to BC this morning and was very grateful to the bus priority on the A34.

Steve3229vp

Two nights now (Monday and Tuesday) the 907 from City at 1620, this comes off school bus service 814 (John Wilmot School dep 1520 to Stockland Green arr 1556), it never showed on Monday, Tuesday (I had to go home a different way) 7512 which was the bus allocated finally left City at 1656 !
This was a common problem in the last summer school term and if the 814 is late then it's a knock on effect for the 907 at 1620,  I've asked many times for this to be changed but nothing has. Today is Wednesday, will the 1620 be there today, I'm not confident.

MasterPlan

X21 and X22 all over the place again today, massive traffic buiid up along Arthur Road and Edgbaston Park Road. No X21s to Bartley Green between 4:20 and 5:40 by the looks of it, and currently 3 X22s stuck not far from each other outbound.
Not sure what the answer is to be honest but that right turn from Edgbaston Park Road to Church Road needs banning, or at least temporarily during peak hours as it slows everything down inbound.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 20, 2023, 05:37:57 PMX21 and X22 all over the place again today, massive traffic buiid up along Arthur Road and Edgbaston Park Road. No X21s to Bartley Green between 4:20 and 5:40 by the looks of it, and currently 3 X22s stuck not far from each other outbound.
Not sure what the answer is to be honest but that right turn from Edgbaston Park Road to Church Road needs banning, or at least temporarily during peak hours as it slows everything down inbound.
I suspect the extra traffic using those roads to avoid Harborne Road, which yet again has roadworks and temporary 3 way lights near Harborne Academy, and is down to a single lane at Highfield Road on the one way section inbound, can't be helping matters there.

23 and 24 have been heavily delayed in the morning peak towards town this week, but not bad outbound in the evenings. 

Jack

997's badly late this afternoon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk