News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 10:52:00 AM
I think you'll find Villa Park has been there quite a long time, and they pre publish their fixtures.

Does Perry Barr not have the sense to suspend inter working on match nights when they can easily predict what is going to happen and put a bus into the system so that multiple services aren't left without a bus?

And since you raise it, what about the extra passengers who are travelling to and from the match. So instead of extra capacity we end up with none!

The traffic commissioner is only interested in a defence for lack of timely operation around issues that can't be foreseen. I think we can safely accept that this does not fall into that category.

Tony you seem to be excusing this shambolic performance and appear to be proud of a service which ran 44 minutes late leaving a gap in service on trunk route of nearly an hour and a half! Not that I accept that anyway, as I walked in the end and no bus passed me.

Is there anything about your employer you won't defend? Some of us just stick our hands up when we've dropped the ball.

As I said previously and can prove with my recent complaints. This is far from a one off. Why does the tracker constantly tell you these buses are due 'in 5 minutes' when they clearly aren't operating or anywhere near me. Is that ok in 2021 too?

Staggering.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried running a bus service where there's a major nationwide staff shortage, a pandemic going on, two major events at the same time on the route, and tried to keep the buses to time.

Tony and the team at NX should be commended for trying to at least keep passengers moving, even if its a bit late.

If you think you can do better, then you can find the forms to fill in to obtain a O Licence here - https://www.gov.uk/apply-vehicle-operator-licence

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andy41

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2021, 11:11:08 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried running a bus service where there's a major nationwide staff shortage, a pandemic going on, two major events at the same time on the route, and tried to keep the buses to time.

Tony and the team at NX should be commended for trying to at least keep passengers moving, even if its a bit late.

If you think you can do better, then you can find the forms to fill in to obtain a O Licence here - https://www.gov.uk/apply-vehicle-operator-licence

Yes, been there, done that thanks.

I believe I've covered all the excuses you've offered up in my previous post. The TC wouldn't accept any of them except on a temporary basis the driver shortage, and Tony has helpfully confirmed that wasn't the cause so it's irrelevant.

The issue here is incompetence and lack of foresight, nothing of what you offer up.

You're just someone else who thinks it's ok to leave people stood at the side of the road for an hour and a half on a trunk route in sub zero temperatures in the second city with no contingency or information.

People like you are a throwback.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 10:52:00 AM
I think you'll find Villa Park has been there quite a long time, and they pre publish their fixtures.

Does Perry Barr not have the sense to suspend inter working on match nights when they can easily predict what is going to happen and put a bus into the system so that multiple services aren't left without a bus?

And since you raise it, what about the extra passengers who are travelling to and from the match. So instead of extra capacity we end up with none!

The traffic commissioner is only interested in a defence for lack of timely operation around issues that can't be foreseen. I think we can safely accept that this does not fall into that category.

Tony you seem to be excusing this shambolic performance and appear to be proud of a service which ran 44 minutes late leaving a gap in service on trunk route of nearly an hour and a half! Not that I accept that anyway, as I walked in the end and no bus passed me.

Is there anything about your employer you won't defend? Some of us just stick our hands up when we've dropped the ball.

As I said previously and can prove with my recent complaints. This is far from a one off. Why does the tracker constantly tell you these buses are due 'in 5 minutes' when they clearly aren't operating or anywhere near me. Is that ok in 2021 too?

Staggering.

No it is nothing to be proud of, but where do you find the drivers from to put extra buses out to cover at the moment?

I'm not sure what tracker you are referring to that says a bus is due in 5 minutes, but isn't there.

andy41

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2021, 12:18:51 PM
No it is nothing to be proud of, but where do you find the drivers from to put extra buses out to cover at the moment?

I'm not sure what tracker you are referring to that says a bus is due in 5 minutes, but isn't there.

Well I'm glad we can agree that it's not acceptable.

In terms of finding drivers, well you start by asking them.

I think if you're honest Tony which I understand you may not be able to be here, the depot has done nothing to avoid this in the first place. I know this because the last two match days the exact same thing happened. Meanwhile, the 65s were running like clockwork but I live in Pype Hayes so that's no use to me.

My question is can I expect the same on Sunday after the Villa match? The last Sunday game was the subject of my last complaint when again the 67 saw no bus for 90 minutes.

The depot knows they will get stuck on the 7, they can see them on the control system and pre empt it and adjust other services if necessary so the disruption is shared. Can they not arrange a contingency this time please?

In terms of the tracker, I've learned from the customer service staff this morning that the tracker app is defunct and no longer supported, even though you can download it from the App Store.

So according to him, NXWM doesn't offer a working tracker for its customers and we are nearly in 2022.

Seriously??

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 01:43:04 PM
Well I'm glad we can agree that it's not acceptable.

In terms of finding drivers, well you start by asking them.

I think if you're honest Tony which I understand you may not be able to be here, the depot has done nothing to avoid this in the first place. I know this because the last two match days the exact same thing happened. Meanwhile, the 65s were running like clockwork but I live in Pype Hayes so that's no use to me.

My question is can I expect the same on Sunday after the Villa match? The last Sunday game was the subject of my last complaint when again the 67 saw no bus for 90 minutes.

The depot knows they will get stuck on the 7, they can see them on the control system and pre empt it and adjust other services if necessary so the disruption is shared. Can they not arrange a contingency this time please?

In terms of the tracker, I've learned from the customer service staff this morning that the tracker app is defunct and no longer supported, even though you can download it from the App Store.

So according to him, NXWM doesn't offer a working tracker for its customers and we are nearly in 2022.

Seriously??

As has been stated many times all the major bus companies are missing journies because of driver shortages, every driver is offered as much overtime as they want as long as it is within their legal hours, and as am encouragement the overtime rate of pay has been increased by 25%, but if you cannot cover existing work you are not going to find drivers for additional work on

TfWM have live bus tracking so why do NXWM need one that would show exactly the same information as to he source of the information would be exactly the same. Which tracker were you claiming was saying live information about a bus being 5 minutes away, so I can report it to get bug sorted?

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 01:43:04 PM
Meanwhile, the 65s were running like clockwork but I live in Pype Hayes so that's no use to me.
Bus Times suggests the 22:35 X14 was on time last night. Departing from Priory Queensway. Might of been of use to you.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

andy41

Quote from: 2206 on December 02, 2021, 03:12:37 PM
Bus Times suggests the 22:35 X14 was on time last night. Departing from Priory Queensway. Might of been of use to you.

Not really when I'm waiting at Waterworks Road on the A5127.

andy41

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2021, 03:02:06 PM
As has been stated many times all the major bus companies are missing journies because of driver shortages, every driver is offered as much overtime as they want as long as it is within their legal hours, and as am encouragement the overtime rate of pay has been increased by 25%, but if you cannot cover existing work you are not going to find drivers for additional work on

TfWM have live bus tracking so why do NXWM need one that would show exactly the same information as to he source of the information would be exactly the same. Which tracker were you claiming was saying live information about a bus being 5 minutes away, so I can report it to get bug sorted?

This one.

Is somebody going to have a look at the situation on Sunday coming after the Leicester game?

metrocity

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 03:21:47 PM
This one.

Is somebody going to have a look at the situation on Sunday coming after the Leicester game?
Poor show from NX with so much scrutiny on rail aswell for match day travel

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-trains-man-city-22298914

ellspurs

From the article:

Quote"Those fans who recently found themselves really struggling to get away from the ground after matches need to know that I'm on the case.

"I think fans that have gone to the trouble of using public transport, trying to get away on local trains and find themselves queuing in the freezing cold for way too long, and danger about trying to squeeze into platforms that are too small for trains that arrive too infrequently.

"This really does need to change and we are putting our best efforts into persuading the local authorities that they need to really improve that aspect of the infrastructure around Villa Park."

Purslow added: "Lets face it, if the local authorities can't get our fans away safely and quickly after games with a 42,000 crowd, imagine how it would be if we went to 50,000 without that improvement being in place.

"Those fans who have been through it, I am sorry you've had to experience that, it's unacceptable and I am in discussion with the local authorities about how they can improve that as soon as possible."

If Villa want to increase their capacity, they should work with the WMCA and include funding for an expansion of the two train stations and funding for additional public transport that they require to take their "freezing fans" (whom have spent the last two hours freezing in the seats whilst watching the game) home safely.

DC3

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2021, 03:02:06 PM
As has been stated many times all the major bus companies are missing journies because of driver shortages

I understand that there's a shortage of drivers, I'm seeing advertisements on Facebook, Twitter and such like. I recently applied back to NXWM and have had zero communication on my progress, it still says my application is open on the jobs portal, yet I've been waiting best part of 6 weeks now, no response to emails, and nobody answers the phone when I try to get an update.

cardew

Off topic but finishing a match after 10pm at the whim of Amazon prime does not help travelling fans of either team.

andy41

Quote from: cardew on December 02, 2021, 04:13:50 PM
Off topic but finishing a match after 10pm at the whim of Amazon prime does not help travelling fans of either team.

With respect this has absolutely nothing to do with NX's failure to operate its schedules bus services which are there to transport people to and from work, leisure and other socially required activities regardless of a football match.

Raedwald

Tipton Road's up to its usual tricks - just got off an 11A at Parkes Lane running 30 late
Local Routes:
NXWM 9, 50, 59, 69, CRDR 70, 71, DIAM 57, TEXP 65
ARHE 8, FESX 68, 86, 174, 175, S8

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 04:26:49 PM
With respect this has absolutely nothing to do with NX's failure to operate its schedules bus services which are there to transport people to and from work, leisure and other socially required activities regardless of a football match.

Incidentally your claim that the 65s were running ok is not correct, the 2306 from Court Lane to city was 24 minutes late starting that journey due to delays on Lichfield Road. That bus had not been on the 7, so it wasn't just the interworking causing problems

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk