News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-59133016

At least they're wearing hi-viz vests to make sure they're seen in the roads.

There's an NX service 9 glaring on in the background on one of the pictures. The BBC reports from WMP that thery had "briefly and intermittently" blocked traffic for about an hour.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-insulate-britain-protesters-22038664

An X8 is glaring in the preview for the video at the bottom of the Mail spiel.

If they wanted to cause more disruption, they'd need to make their way to the A4540. But I would suspect that people would just drive over them on there.

markcf83

Quote from: karl724223 on November 02, 2021, 08:34:44 PM
Loads of services were running late today thanks to Doris and the Tarmac terrorists in the name of insulate your loft
The protest was done top of great Charles street which is in a clean air zone
And just how much pollution was cause by cars stuck in the traffic jams

They're breaching court injunctions. The police should have nicked the lot of them immediately.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

Is Wa 9 supposed to have 4 or 5 vehicles maximum on the route at peaks?

Looks like the Walsall direction vehicle that should've arrived around 1800 at Wednesfield has not appeared,  with the next one timed at 1835, according to BusTimes.

I can forsee sister putting in yet another complaint to Nx!

Jack D

Seems to be a shortage of 95's towards cHelmsley wood this evening!

MasterPlan

07:11 X21 from Bartley Green didn't operate at all today for some reason.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on November 04, 2021, 06:21:32 PM
Is Wa 9 supposed to have 4 or 5 vehicles maximum on the route at peaks?

Looks like the Walsall direction vehicle that should've arrived around 1800 at Wednesfield has not appeared,  with the next one timed at 1835, according to BusTimes.

I can forsee sister putting in yet another complaint to Nx!

The Bus scheduled 1800 at Wednesfield is the extra 6th pm peak for the 9. A 701 board usually Trident or E400 operated .
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Quote from: PB2938 on November 05, 2021, 09:38:58 PM

The Bus scheduled 1800 at Wednesfield is the extra 6th pm peak for the 9. A 701 board usually Trident or E400 operated .

If Bustimes is correct, I've never seen more than 5 buses listed for the 9, so where this 6th vehicle supposedly appears, I don't know.

Anyway I'll let my sister continue moaning.

Gives her something to do, especially as she's on nights for a few days now, so she will have to catch the bus an hour earlier than she should, as she can't rely on the 'proper' bus!

Looking at the NX Facebook, she's not the only one unhappy at the 9's reliability.

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on November 06, 2021, 01:30:11 PM
If Bustimes is correct, I've never seen more than 5 buses listed for the 9, so where this 6th vehicle supposedly appears, I don't know.

Anyway I'll let my sister continue moaning.

Gives her something to do, especially as she's on nights for a few days now, so she will have to catch the bus an hour earlier than she should, as she can't rely on the 'proper' bus!

Looking at the NX Facebook, she's not the only one unhappy at the 9's reliability.

The 6th eatra pm peak bus comes to service 9 1625 from walsall and is 1745 Wolverhampton double deck always operated.

The 9 has very tight running time unfortunately was slightly improved 03 October changes but Trevor road added with no extra time can cause delays as the length of the route..

Buses can also be missing due to driver shortage.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2021, 11:04:50 AM
Lots of AG 11's are adjusted to terminate at Witton/Villa Park probably due to late running and also traffic problems in the Perry Barr area.
None are timetabled to terminate there.
Big gap in service at Ward End on 11C today between the previous bus and 6145 at 15:30.
Infact most of the buses seemed to only be going to Villa Park the other way. Just 4530 going to Perry Barr.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BNH2004

4436 running 26 minutes late on the 15 tonight

andy41

Another night of utter failure on the 67, the third in as many weeks and those are only the ones to just knowledge.

A service that is now only offered at a 30 minute frequency in the evening, a key service for workers, sports fans and at this time of year shoppers.

2230 from City failing to operate and then the 2300 also failing. Both showing as operating on the tracker, as usual with NXWM who don't seem to care about operating services or keeping customers informed.

NX fast becoming a comedy outfit undeserving of a monopoly. They should certainly not be allowed anywhere near a takeover of Stagecoach while they can't even do a semi acceptable job of operating their existing services.

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 12:13:37 AM
Another night of utter failure on the 67, the third in as many weeks and those are only the ones to just knowledge.

A service that is now only offered at a 30 minute frequency in the evening, a key service for workers, sports fans and at this time of year shoppers.

2230 from City failing to operate and then the 2300 also failing. Both showing as operating on the tracker, as usual with NXWM who don't seem to care about operating services or keeping customers informed.

NX fast becoming a comedy outfit undeserving of a monopoly. They should certainly not be allowed anywhere near a takeover of Stagecoach while they can't even do a semi acceptable job of operating their existing services.
Bus Times seems to suggest these are on 7 boards. And the bus that was supposed to operate one of those trips 6806 arrived at the 7 terminus nearly an hour late and was adjusted to miss out that journey.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/179151?date=2021-12-01#journeys/189032384
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on December 02, 2021, 12:27:53 AM
Bus Times seems to suggest these are on 7 boards. And the bus that was supposed to operate one of those trips 6806 arrived at the 7 terminus nearly an hour late and was adjusted to miss out that journey.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/179151?date=2021-12-01#journeys/189032384

Presumably the 7 being that late due to the Villa match day traffic?

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on December 02, 2021, 12:13:37 AM

Perhaps you can offer advise on how buses can avoid stationary traffic caused by a football match at Villa Park. Both buses were out there. The 2230 journey did operate, bus 4813 left city 44 minutes late

andy41

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2021, 09:27:08 AM
Perhaps you can offer advise on how buses can avoid stationary traffic caused by a football match at Villa Park. Both buses were out there. The 2230 journey did operate, bus 4813 left city 44 minutes late

I think you'll find Villa Park has been there quite a long time, and they pre publish their fixtures.

Does Perry Barr not have the sense to suspend inter working on match nights when they can easily predict what is going to happen and put a bus into the system so that multiple services aren't left without a bus?

And since you raise it, what about the extra passengers who are travelling to and from the match. So instead of extra capacity we end up with none!

The traffic commissioner is only interested in a defence for lack of timely operation around issues that can't be foreseen. I think we can safely accept that this does not fall into that category.

Tony you seem to be excusing this shambolic performance and appear to be proud of a service which ran 44 minutes late leaving a gap in service on trunk route of nearly an hour and a half! Not that I accept that anyway, as I walked in the end and no bus passed me.

Is there anything about your employer you won't defend? Some of us just stick our hands up when we've dropped the ball.

As I said previously and can prove with my recent complaints. This is far from a one off. Why does the tracker constantly tell you these buses are due 'in 5 minutes' when they clearly aren't operating or anywhere near me. Is that ok in 2021 too?

Staggering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk