News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

Quote from: Gareth on October 07, 2021, 05:06:22 AM
My comments about the 94/95 aren't about capacity. It's about reducing a service to improve reliability when it's exactly the same as before. Bunching then long gaps in service. That's not improving reliability.

If you reduce a service frequency but add no extra running time or layover the service won't improve reliability and most likely to be worse.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Arriving on a 529 into Walsall around 420 / 425pm this afternoon, I was greeted with a massive queue of people closely packed together in the stand.

I was quite nervous about it & ended up going over to WhSmiths for a few minutes, to let that particular row of stands calm down a bit, before catching my next bus back to Leamore.

By the way, on the subject of the Walsall 9, it's now got to the point that sister is going to stick a complaint in!

Westy

Don't suppose anyone knows if the 2010 9 from Walsall to Wolverhampton is actually in service?

Bustimes.org suggests it isn't, & guess what, my sister is waiting at Bloxwich for it!

Update- she's given up & got a taxi!

monkeyjoe

Quote from: PB2938 on October 07, 2021, 05:31:14 PM
If you reduce a service frequency but add no extra running time or layover the service won't improve reliability and most likely to be worse.

Miss my old corridor (not) was walking in town today saw 3 94s and 3 95s all leaving Argos or whatever it is now at the same time.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 21, 2021, 10:00:28 PM

Miss my old corridor (not) was walking in town today saw 3 94s and 3 95s all leaving Argos or whatever it is now at the same time.
The X2's regularly run late in the morning as well. First one drove straight past the stop with full standing load and 6833 turned up on the 2nd but that one was late as well.  Worse than the 94/95's as they aren't frequent even without late buses. I waited from 8.00 till 8.30 for one today. The Sprint works on the A45 are probably causing delays to that corridor as well.
Its B&M as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 21, 2021, 10:27:27 PM
The Sprint works on the A45 are probably causing delays to that corridor as well.

Alongside the Metro groundworks in Digbeth which are causing delays to all services that pass through there.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I love Walsall buses

6765 The last 529 from Walsall at 00:25 just left walsall at 00:41

ellspurs

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 24, 2021, 12:44:39 AM
6765 The last 529 from Walsall at 00:25 just left walsall at 00:41

Part of the linkroad off J10 going towards Walsall is closed. Probable delays in relation to that.

I love Walsall buses

WA 29 has experienced big delays in service this afternoon and into yhe evening missing journeys and some 29s being parked in the bus station with no drivers at 15:30 only 2 29s where operating and now there is only 1 currently running

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 30, 2021, 06:25:31 PM
WA 29 has experienced big delays in service this afternoon and into yhe evening missing journeys and some 29s being parked in the bus station with no drivers at 15:30 only 2 29s where operating and now there is only 1 currently running

Didn't that also impact the 70 / 70a as well, as those interwork somewhere don't they?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 30, 2021, 07:05:08 PM
Didn't that also impact the 70 / 70a as well, as those interwork somewhere don't they?
Ye doesn't interwork with the 70 just the 70A but ye alot of missed trips throughout the afternoon on the 70A

EDIT: the 70A only missed 2 trips in the afternoon but 29 missed a bunch of trips and no buses ran on the 29 from 18:00 till 20:15 according to bus times

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 30, 2021, 07:08:31 PM
Ye doesn't interwork with the 70 just the 70A but ye alot of missed trips throughout the afternoon on the 70A

EDIT: the 70A only missed 2 trips in the afternoon but 29 missed a bunch of trips and no buses ran on the 29 from 18:00 till 20:15 according to bus times

Hmm. Convienent, considering the current situation, assuming what was mentioned yesterday, is still happening tonight!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 30, 2021, 11:24:52 PM
Hmm. Convienent, considering the current situation, assuming what was mentioned yesterday, is still happening tonight!
Yep its until Further Notice so my guess they probaly stop after next Sunday

karl724223

Loads of services were running late today thanks to Doris and the Tarmac terrorists in the name of insulate your loft
The protest was done top of great Charles street which is in a clean air zone
And just how much pollution was cause by cars stuck in the traffic jams

the trainbasher

Quote from: karl724223 on November 02, 2021, 08:34:44 PM
Loads of services were running late today thanks to Doris and the Tarmac terrorists in the name of insulate your loft
The protest was done top of great Charles street which is in a clean air zone
And just how much pollution was cause by cars stuck in the traffic jams

It's a pity bus operators can't bill them for the late running/loss of revenue. Bloody tree huggers are a pain in the exhaust

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk