News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6124 was running 20 minutes late at Ward End this evening on the 11A.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

Quote from: 2206 on October 01, 2020, 06:06:48 PM
6124 was running 20 minutes late at Ward End this evening on the 11A.
Very common.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

55/94 seemed to be running with large gaps in service earlier. As had about a 20 minute wait for one.
Think its Jennens Road traffic and the new bike lane causing it. As the buses were at a standstill on Jennens Road and not moving. While there was nobody using the bike lane.
Not sure what the point of getting rid of the bus lane that used to be there was.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on October 03, 2020, 06:59:42 PM
55/94 seemed to be running with large gaps in service earlier. As had about a 20 minute wait for one.
Think its Jennens Road traffic and the new bike lane causing it. As the buses were at a standstill on Jennens Road and not moving. While there was nobody using the bike lane.
Not sure what the point of getting rid of the bus lane that used to be there was.
They're doing it in most areas now its a joke. Removing perfectly good lanes and turning every road into single lane and slow moving traffic was a very bright idea.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Jack on October 03, 2020, 08:34:52 PM
They're doing it in most areas now its a joke. Removing perfectly good lanes and turning every road into single lane and slow moving traffic was a very bright idea.

Its to a) improve fitness by encouraging commuters to switch to walking and cycling, reducing the burden on the NHS and b) improve journey times

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 03, 2020, 10:48:26 PM
b) improve journey times
Clearly it doesn't.
The buses are at a standstill how is that improving journey times.

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 03, 2020, 10:48:26 PM
Its to a) improve fitness by encouraging commuters to switch to walking and cycling
There are plenty of footpaths across the city for people to walk on. And I don't see people walking on the bike lanes, as that's clearly not their purpose.
Also its alright saying that, but if there's no uptake and no demand for a bike lane, which there clearly isn't. Then there's no need to get rid of the heavily used bus lane. I don't see anyone using these bike lanes.
And if nobody is using them clearly, nobody is getting fitter as a result of their existance.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2206 on October 03, 2020, 10:50:20 PM
Clearly it doesn't.

It does...for cyclists (I never said which mode journey times would improve on... its all about the creative use of language and spin!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Been a while since I needed to post in this topic, I don't know if it was because of 'pre-lockdown madness' but the traffic was terrible this evening, and buses seemed to be all over the place.

It also looked as though all the tracking info on the app was wrong, which wasn't helping things - I was waiting for a 2 which was showing as due in 22 mins. The app wasn't showing any bus as due for at least 10mins, so I got on the 5 that rolled up, figuring I best not take any chances.

When I got off at the bottom of Sarehole Road, I couldn't see clearly but it looked like the ticketer was showing the vehicle as 35mins late (it was supposed to be at The Baldwin for 18:31, this was about 6:50pm). 
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ayyHugo

Quote from: Stu on November 04, 2020, 07:34:52 PM
Been a while since I needed to post in this topic, I don't know if it was because of 'pre-lockdown madness' but the traffic was terrible this evening, and buses seemed to be all over the place.

It also looked as though all the tracking info on the app was wrong, which wasn't helping things - I was waiting for a 2 which was showing as due in 22 mins. The app wasn't showing any bus as due for at least 10mins, so I got on the 5 that rolled up, figuring I best not take any chances.

When I got off at the bottom of Sarehole Road, I couldn't see clearly but it looked like the ticketer was showing the vehicle as 35mins late (it was supposed to be at The Baldwin for 18:31, this was about 6:50pm).
Selly Oak high street was also rammed this evening - I could just see all the 61/63s stretching down the road. Not made much better with the redevelopment of the Selly Oak triangle as well as the new cycle lane replacing one lane of Birmingham-bound traffic. Not NXWM-related but the 144 was definitely off schedule by a good 15 minutes as it was entering the city centre because of all of this.

MasterPlan

The City Centre was choc a block, as they say. That probably would've accounted for most of the delays.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

87 dudley rd brades village island temp 4 way lights causing considerable delays 20 minutes during peak hours.

markcf83

Quote from: Jack on October 03, 2020, 08:34:52 PM

Said everyone with a brain.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Trident 4194

858 followed by an omnilink on the 4H heading into Halesowen from Hayley green at 12:30

Stu

Oh it was just like the good old days today! Looks like loads of late running Stratford Road services this evening due to what looked like a ridiculous amount of traffic in the Sparkbrook area.

Looking on Google Maps right now, looks like the whole Stratford Road through Sparkhill is also very slow moving.

Guess its a combination of a lot of shops re-opening as well as pre-Ramadan shopping frenzy.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

2 4Hs in convoy at 5:10 in Hayley green

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk