News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Tracker states the 9:05 28 from Halesowen is running 55 minute late. Why was this service so late @Tony? It's an hourly service

Mike K

23 and 24 in a terrible state yesterday evening and today due to roadworks and temporary lights at the White Swan on Harborne Road.

6891 was running 36 minutes late when I got off earlier. Quite a few short workings coming from city.

MasterPlan

☓21 a shambles again this morning with both the 7am and 7:12am buses turning up at 7:12am.
Might not seem like much of a difference but at this time of the morning it's the difference between being on time for work and late.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Gareth

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 11, 2020, 07:19:08 AM
☓21 a shambles again this morning with both the 7am and 7:12am buses turning up at 7:12am.
Might not seem like much of a difference but at this time of the morning it's the difference between being on time for work and late.

Maybe it's better to give yourself a larger window than 12 minutes for being to work on time. You regularly post about issues with these routes, so maybe you should leave a little earlier just in case.

l.murphy123

An X51 was shown as being 1hr 37 mins late on Google last Tuesday. Im going to assume it was either a mistake or perhaps a break down that continued to ping GPS data?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

MasterPlan

Quote from: Gareth on February 11, 2020, 05:54:46 PM
Maybe it's better to give yourself a larger window than 12 minutes for being to work on time. You regularly post about issues with these routes, so maybe you should leave a little earlier just in case.

Yes, clearly my fault for not leaving earlier than I needed to.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Gareth

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 11, 2020, 10:10:25 PM
Yes, clearly my fault for not leaving earlier than I needed to.

It's not about fault or blame. But if you know there's a strong chance the bus you usually get is late, then catch an earlier one. 12 minutes doesn't give you much of a buffer between being on time and being late.

CL

Have just got off 6999 at Hamstead Village, running (supposedly) 53 minutes late..

Roadworks at Old Walsall Road & lane closures at Hockley appear to be having a dismally detrimental effect on the service; both Diamond & NX, naturally

6999 has just turned around at Hamstead Village and left with a 16E to Hockley, with 7501 behind - also on a 16E to Hockley
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

3 sets of roadworks on the X22, 2 sets also affecting X20,X21. Going to be fun tonight

Roy

Services 2A and 15 have seen delays of well over half an hour due to the stabbings in Pensnett Road.  All traffic is being diverted via Wallows Road causing long tailbacks to Pensnett.

Trident 4194

4 9's arrived at bearwood at 19:10 this evening heading towards Stourbridge. One was a 9E to Halesowen. Traffic had been horrendous apparently unsure why though

Jack6101

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 20, 2020, 09:15:15 PM
4 9's arrived at bearwood at 19:10 this evening heading towards Stourbridge. One was a 9E to Halesowen. Traffic had been horrendous apparently unsure why though

Rtc the A38 overpass in the city centre was casing bad traffic great Charles street Queensway also five ways was very slow cause of it to
Copied from nxwm Delay: There has been an road traffic accident this afternoon where a car has mounted the central reservation on the Lancaster Circus flyover.

Congestion has spread through all of the city centre causing delays of up to 60 minutes to most services going into the city centre
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: Jack6101 on February 20, 2020, 09:18:32 PM
Rtc the A38 overpass in the city centre was casing bad traffic great Charles street Queensway also five ways was very slow cause of it to
Copied from nxwm Delay: There has been an road traffic accident this afternoon where a car has mounted the central reservation on the Lancaster Circus flyover.

Congestion has spread through all of the city centre causing delays of up to 60 minutes to most services going into the city centre
I heard that on local radio traffic bulletin on my way to work, I thought this evening gonna be fun crawled from 5 ways to snow hill then crawled from NIA to Broadway , 5 ways cleared up when I reached it outbound.

Mike K

Hagley Road and Harborne services totally shafted tonight. Waited nearly 35 mins for a 23 (three in a row), numerous 9s, 13s, 126s and X10s all bunched. Not seen things that bad in ages.

Stu

Travelling home from Kings Heath on the 11A this evening, I had the pleasure of having a whole double-deck bus to myself!

I saw it pull up at the stop on Vicarage Road showing 'Not In Service', then as it pulled away towards the traffic lights the display changed to 'Outer Circle 11A', so I quickened my pace to meet it at the Addison Road stop. Another one must have not long gone, as there was no-one else waiting, didn't stop again until I got off at Billesley fire station island, noticed on the Init unit that it was 'Late 24'.

Quite fortuitous to get an adjusted empty bus like that!

Quote from: Mike K on February 25, 2020, 06:34:15 PM
Hagley Road and Harborne services totally shafted tonight. Waited nearly 35 mins for a 23 (three in a row), numerous 9s, 13s, 126s and X10s all bunched. Not seen things that bad in ages.

From what I heard from other passengers on the 50 I caught into Kings Heath, sounds like traffic was bad all round the city centre; certainly Highgate Middleway was very slow moving from what I saw walking to the 50 stop, and traffic was crawling through Balsall Heath.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk