News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

Quote from: Kevin on October 16, 2018, 07:20:49 AM
The thing is, they know the traffic is a problem, always had been, so why not timetable services to cope?

Network reviews ussally start at the start of summer holidays when everything looks like it working. When schools/college starts everything's a disaster. Probably take an other 12 months to get it right. BC have saved 8 buses with the network review 2124-2133 to Walsall only 2 trident 44xx replacement. The routes probably wernt given enough running time and the drop in frequency with buses been long delayed and big gaps  in service.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Tony

Quote from: PB2938 on October 16, 2018, 09:20:17 AM
Network reviews ussally start at the start of summer holidays when everything looks like it working. When schools/college starts everything's a disaster. Probably take an other 12 months to get it right. BC have saved 8 buses with the network review 2124-2133 to Walsall only 2 trident 44xx replacement. The routes probably wernt given enough running time and the drop in frequency with buses been long delayed and big gaps  service.

The network review didn't save 8 buses. Their paint float dropped from 4 to 1 because their E400 were finished. The reserve fleet in use there changed as well

Kevin

3 X51s in quick succession through Scott Arms northbound
at 12:00, 6730 was displaying "not in service" but for whatever reason changed to "X51 Walsall" while at the lights, seemed a tad unnecessary with two others but hey ho
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

11 & 11a totally #####!

Nothing at Parkway from 1710 to roughly 1730.

Single decker turns up rammed & goes past!

Gets an Igo to the Bus Station, in the hope of connecting to a Darlaston bus to no avail.

11e to Wednesbury only turns up, which was no use.

Finally 1750 turns up around 1750(!), which Im sat on at the moment!

Trident 4194

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on October 23, 2018, 06:13:21 PM
11 & 11a totally #####!

Nothing at Parkway from 1710 to roughly 1730.

Single decker turns up rammed & goes past!

Gets an Igo to the Bus Station, in the hope of connecting to a Darlaston bus to no avail.

11e to Wednesbury only turns up, which was no use.

Finally 1750 turns up around 1750(!), which Im sat on at the moment!
my x10 was on time with happy passengers  just saying

mesub

So earlier today in Bartley Green. Somebody got hit by a car in Adams hill leading the road to be closed. The short term diversion route was full of traffic meaning that the 23 was running 10-20 mins late meaning that three were running along in a convoy.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

mesub

Today the scheduled 14:44 Journey to Birmingham (6879) is now 23 minutes late on Adams hill. It's also a short working to Five ways. It's also on a short diversion continuing up Cromwell lane before turning into Moors Lane and then turning right again to Genners lane to start it's journey. I think it's the Harborne lane works that are contributing to the delays.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Trident 4194

3304 on 9E Portland road
2 x10s In convoy towards merry hill

sonic84

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 26, 2018, 04:51:16 PM
3304 on 9E Portland road
2 x10s In convoy towards merry hill

Spotted the X10s as well at Quinton stag. One to Merry Hill followed by another to Gornal Wood

Kevin

Last two journeys on the full 28 were no shows
19:40 from Scott Arms and the one behind that terminates there and heads back to garage

Does the rule of "last bus has to run" apply here? Because obviously the 28 still runs but not full route

Kevin

4300 running over 20 late on the 1, and the driver seems in no hurry to make any of that up waiting longer after a passenger gets off before thinking about closing the door

Aware that the Cricket Ground has a fireworks display, but still, doesn't excuse the slow use of doors making him even later. Boarded 21 late in Acocks Green and alighted 32 late in Edgbaston with no traffic en route

Mike K

I think I've achieved my own 'personal best' this morning - one hour (yes ONE HOUR) from Harborne Northfield Road to Harborne Academy on 6869. It's a good job my employer is flexible with working hours. I could have walked to work quicker.

Bus was 56 mins late at the point I got off.

Noticed a few 23&24 running short this morning at least 2 had five ways coming out of city and another said harborne. Plus another not in service.

Trident 4194

The x22s are very bad tonight, although it seems I made a good choice in getting off at bottom of metvhley lane and getting the 11, as the 19 is running 10 down and I presume
Left QE on time and same with the 48. Harborne high street must be bad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk