News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: B.C Driver on March 04, 2019, 12:30:08 PM
Temporary  way traffic lights on Bristol Rd by Sir Harrys Rd.

On a stretch of the road thats been begging to be widened for years, a bus lane would have been great there, even a left only filter lane at Priory Rd from city, but no, what do we get? - a cycle lane.
Instead of improving thousands of peoples journeys every day, a hand full of cyclists will benefit instead.

They have to be seen to be encouraging environmentally friendly transport

Dom

Quote from: Westy on March 04, 2019, 01:01:27 PM
The ones saying how late the bus is!

Why would I need that? @Westy

Stu

Temporary traffic lights on Yardley Wood Road caused a nightmare for the 2 and 3 this evening. Traffic was backed up all the way up Stoney Lane to Highgate Road. Didn't help that the Highgate Road / Stratford Road junction was also heavily congested.

If they are still there tomorrow (the temporary traffic lights), I will probably just walk home, might be quicker :)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Stop BS8 has a scrolling message about delays up to 7pm because of protest in the City Centre but I can't find anything about it anywhere?

EDIT: Apparently it's a taxi strike. Something to do with the black cabs v Uber...?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 07, 2019, 05:06:37 PM
Stop BS8 has a scrolling message about delays up to 7pm because of protest in the City Centre but I can't find anything about it anywhere?

EDIT: Apparently it's a taxi strike. Something to do with the black cabs v Uber...?

That might explain why the Harborne routes are seemingly doing a 'QE special' tonight:

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on March 07, 2019, 06:03:59 PM
That might explain why the Harborne routes are seemingly doing a 'QE special' tonight:

Yeah it's invariably got to affect the 23/24 also. Seen quite a few go past. At least traffic is moving in that direction. Been a total standstill for ages going the other way.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 07, 2019, 06:11:46 PM
Yeah it's invariably got to affect the 23/24 also. Seen quite a few go past. At least traffic is moving in that direction. Been a total standstill for ages going the other way.

Luckily the driver of 6866 has been as accommodating as he can with a totally rammed bus, I'm currently stood with my nose virtually rammed against his assault screen...

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on March 07, 2019, 06:17:07 PM
Luckily the driver of 6866 has been as accommodating as he can with a totally rammed bus, I'm currently stood with my nose virtually rammed against his assault screen...

Well I finished work 2 hours ago and am just approaching Holloway Circus now. Luckily the driver of 2140 made a diversion on the way into City.

Speaking of diversions just seen some 23/24s coming up along the Bristol Road into City.

EDIT: Apparently it was actually a protest from the taxi drivers over the new congestion charges. Considering what they caused, how ironic...

Trident 4194

The Bristol road services were horrendous this afternoon. Caught a 4618 on the 61 and there were people stood upstairs lol. Also saw a 144 only going as far as bromsgrove from Birmingham.

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 07, 2019, 07:46:50 PM
The Bristol road services were horrendous this afternoon. Caught a 4618 on the 61 and there were people stood upstairs lol. Also saw a 144 only going as far as bromsgrove from Birmingham.

Sounds like it impacted everything that uses that part of the city. My bus was 53 minutes late when I got off; 23/24 have been reasonably reliable in the evening peak for quite some time now so I'd assumed something was up.

WMT3000

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 07, 2019, 06:27:24 PM
Well I finished work 2 hours ago and am just approaching Holloway Circus now. Luckily the driver of 2140 made a diversion on the way into City.

Speaking of diversions just seen some 23/24s coming up along the Bristol Road into City.

EDIT: Apparently it was actually a protest from the taxi drivers over the new congestion charges. Considering what they caused, how ironic...

Ironic indeed. I don't think they'll garner much public support with the tactics they're using either. The inability that most people have to effectively protest in this country does make me chuckle - shouldn't their ire be directed at the council/government/policy makers rather than them just inconveniencing everyone else instead. Initially I would have supported some sort of government grant to contribute towards the cost upgrades to electric vehicles. I'm now of the opinion that they should pay for themselves out of their inflated working tax credits.

mesub

27 seems to be running haywire, they're all coming in batches of 2
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

4369Beast

Quote from: mesub on March 08, 2019, 05:01:00 PM
27 seems to be running haywire, they're all coming in batches of 2

The delays with the 27 would no doubt be linked to this:
Fri 08 Mar 2019 at 09:30 AM
End date:
Tue 12 Mar 2019 at 03:00 PM
Description:
Friday 8th - Tuesday 12th March
Each Day 09.30 - 15.00

Alwold Road and Castle Road between Barnes Hill and Weoley Avenue will be closed for roadworks.

NXWM 27 towards Harborne will be diverted via Alwold Road, Barnes Hill, Woodcock Lane, Cromwell Lane, Genners Lane, Jiggins Lane, Stonehouse Lane, then normal line of route.

27 from Harborne is unaffected by these works and will continue to use normal line of route.

All stops on the diversion route will be served.

Trident 4194

Trident 4194

Does anyone know what's happening on the 4/4H/4M route thats making them unreliable especially at night? Diamond also running severely late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk