News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Revenue Protection

Started by Stu, November 12, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Don't worry everyone; they are only referring to Travel West Midlands (TWM) for putting up the fares, not National Express West Midlands. They are targeting a company that no longer exists!  ;) Shows how low their level of IQ must be if they can't even get the correct company name.

trident4370

"This group is dedicated to publically distribute the locations of West Midlands Travel Inspectors; WMT bus fares has spiraled grossly out of control in times of hardships. Evening savers are no longer available, child fare is now not available beyond 10 o'clock. Fares have been raised twice within the last 12 months. National Express, the same company who operate our coaches, train and bus services have been criticised by Travel Watchdogs over increasing minimum fare prices."

Chances are they just use TWM because everybody knows who they are and many still refer to NXWM as "Travel or TWM". The group was probably set up the year after the bus fares were frozen during the recession (my memory lets me down there), I recall fares going up in June-ish instead of January then the usual January changes next year, other than that I can't think of a time they have gone up twice within 12 months?!

Stu

QuoteDisclaimer: This service exists as a well-meaning page aimed at assisting West Midlands Travel, Diamond and other transport service providers within the city of Birmingham by advising its passengers and client basis on travel changes to its services. This may include the location of Inspectors to allow the users of our service to have all relevant tickets and passes ready for inspection. We aim to speed up the time wasted at bus stop checkpoints.

...or if they haven't got relevant tickets/passes, allow them to get off at the stop before, to avoid getting prosecuted. That's basically the aim of the group/page isn't it?

QuoteThis group is dedicated to publically distribute the locations of West Midlands Travel Inspectors; WMT bus fares has spiraled grossly out of control in times of hardships. Evening savers are no longer available, child fare is now not available beyond 10 o'clock. Fares have been raised twice within the last 12 months. National Express, the same company who operate our coaches, train and bus services have been criticised by Travel Watchdogs over increasing minimum fare prices.

As I have stated previously, this is no justification for people trying to avoid paying the correct fare. Times are hard, but the price of so many other things has also gone up, not just bus fares. Bread and milk have gone up in price, is that a justification to steal them from a shop? Fuel prices have gone up, so does that mean it's okay to fill up your car and drive off without paying?

People who pay the correct fare or have a valid ticket/pass have nothing to fear from ticket inspectors, so why would these people need to be aware of their location?

QuoteUnder the Transport Act 1985 all bus services apart from those in London and Northern Ireland were deregulated. Transport should be government operated to ensure a fair, nationwide service. Privatisation shifts the power from a democratic government to a privately owned company who seek profit for exploitation.

So if local bus services were regulated again, does this mean it would be okay for councils to increase the bus fares then to cover the costs of operating the services and being able to invest money into them? 'Exploitation' is a very strong word to use. Any business needs to make money to survive, otherwise there is no point in that business being in operation.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

To sum it up the page is defamation to NX [or TWM as these small minded vermin calls it]. I wonder what the MD will say about this page...

--

Oh, and, to go from Royal Orthopedic Hospital to Northfield High Street costs between £3.50 - £4.50 in a taxi.

£1.80 on the bus.

Go figure.

Fools.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 05, 2014, 07:02:11 PM
To sum it up the page is defamation to NX [or TWM as these small minded vermin calls it]. I wonder what the MD will say about this page...

Or the Safer Travel team?  ;D
My locals:

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on February 05, 2014, 07:12:01 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 05, 2014, 07:02:11 PM

Or the Safer Travel team?  ;D

I'm sure Tony is on to it! hehehe...

The law will catch up with them soon enough. Problem is, it's not soon enough!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

karl724223

The scum has money for booze fags and drugs or is that different

richie

Quote from: trident4370 on February 05, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
"This group is dedicated to publically distribute the locations of West Midlands Travel Inspectors; WMT bus fares has spiraled grossly out of control in times of hardships. Evening savers are no longer available, child fare is now not available beyond 10 o'clock. Fares have been raised twice within the last 12 months. National Express, the same company who operate our coaches, train and bus services have been criticised by Travel Watchdogs over increasing minimum fare prices."

Chances are they just use TWM because everybody knows who they are and many still refer to NXWM as "Travel or TWM". The group was probably set up the year after the bus fares were frozen during the recession (my memory lets me down there), I recall fares going up in June-ish instead of January then the usual January changes next year, other than that I can't think of a time they have gone up twice within 12 months?!

I can't remember which year it was when it changed to January but fares always went up in March then it was changed in line with national rail

trident4370

Noticed a minibus of inspectors turn up at my stop today and on the first 35 they checked (1926) immediately caught someone... They were also checking 11Cs I believe. Fair play to the inspector team, they are needed even if certain facebook groups disagree!

Stu

I'm resisting the temptation to post something on that page, but I just know I'll get blocked and my post removed.

Honest passengers don't need to know where inspectors are located.  ::)
My locals:

Kevin

Quote from: trident4370 on February 06, 2014, 05:59:24 PM
Noticed a minibus of inspectors turn up at my stop today and on the first 35 they checked (1926) immediately caught someone... They were also checking 11Cs I believe. Fair play to the inspector team, they are needed even if certain facebook groups disagree!

Maybe that's what they should do! Short bursts of inspecting and then move on. Maybe they can become members of the group to see when people have found them, so they know when to move on?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

trident4370

Yeah I think it was just a short burst, they were gone 2 hours later so can't have been there for long unless I just missed them coming home. Chances are now the group has been posted on here that could very well happen, it wouldn't be unfair of them to post false gen on there either!

the trainbasher

Quote from: trident4370 on February 06, 2014, 07:18:41 PM
Yeah I think it was just a short burst, they were gone 2 hours later so can't have been there for long unless I just missed them coming home. Chances are now the group has been posted on here that could very well happen, it wouldn't be unfair of them to post false gen on there either!

All is fair in love and war!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

settlerman

Interesting trip on a 79 yesterday. Five young gentlemen were asked to get off by some inspectors before the bus had even departed Wolverhampton Bus Station. Then just before Wednesbury another young gentleman gets on and throws some shrapnel into the coin shute and asks for a Day Saver. The driver calmly pointed out that it cost £4 and there wasnt that much in the shute. The passenger insisted adamantly that there was. Standoff time. The passenger gave first and threw some more money in but not enough it would seem to please our driver. Yet more curses from our young passenger and he puts even more money in but still not enough for our friendly driver. The passenger then shouts give me my ticket Ive put £3.70p in now. Too dim to realise what he has said he still doesn't get a ticket until the final 30p is paid. I congratulated the driver when I got off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk