News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Revenue Protection

Started by Stu, November 12, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

I agree Stu; if they can't afford to get on a bus (I'm sure most of them can as they have the means to be on facebook) then they can walk or get in the car. If people like this do this then NX will simply continue putting up fares to make up for the lost revenue of passengers travelling for free.

PM

The claims they make are just total nonsense-fares have not been raised as they say and fares they claim aren't available are. It is a complete disgrace and group of people who need to be caught and hopefully Tony and others will play a part in forcing them to pay what they owe.

Anyone see the documentary on London's Buses the other day that trainbasher mentioned-that showed some of London's revenue protection team in action which was good to see....

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on February 04, 2014, 08:25:27 PM
I agree Stu; if they can't afford to get on a bus (I'm sure most of them can as they have the means to be on facebook) then they can walk or get in the car. If people like this do this then NX will simply continue putting up fares to make up for the lost revenue of passengers travelling for free.

True, they can claim hardship as a reason for not paying the correct fare, but guaranteed they can afford the pack of cigarettes, or the cannabis, that they'll then smoke upstairs once they get on!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

Not to mention they can afford the tin cans, sorry phones they annoy other passengers with by holding a rap contest...

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2014, 08:20:04 PM
I've requested to join the group, just so I can see what's being posted... though I can probably imagine already...

QuoteThis group is dedicated to publically distribute the locations of West Midlands Travel Inspectors; WMT bus fares has spiraled grossly out of control in times of hardships. Evening savers are no longer available, child fare is now not available beyond 10 o'clock. Fares have been raised twice within the last 12 months. National Express, the same company who operate our coaches, train and bus services have been criticised by Travel Watchdogs over increasing minimum fare prices.

Time may be hard, but still no excuse to try and get 'free' travel on the buses. Fares go up because some people think they are owed free travel.

Milk goes up in price, but people don't go robbing milk from supermarkets do they? (OK maybe some people do!)

Reminds me of when commuters moaned that the rail fares were going up, but then someone said that some of these commuters would still pay £3.00 odd for a coffee on their commute.
I was going to join the group to get it closed however my facebook profile pic is of me driving 2128, and I've seen that I have friends who are in the group

Stu

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 04, 2014, 08:28:32 PM
The claims they make are just total nonsense-fares have not been raised as they say and fares they claim aren't available are. It is a complete disgrace and group of people who need to be caught and hopefully Tony and others will play a part in forcing them to pay what they owe.

Anyone see the documentary on London's Buses the other day that trainbasher mentioned-that showed some of London's revenue protection team in action which was good to see....

Exactly, the claims made are just seeming justification; why else would there be a 'closed' group on Facebook purely to reveal the locations of ticket inspectors, other than for the purpose of warning 'serial offenders' that ticket patrols are in operation and to avoid travelling with dodgy tickets at those times/places?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

The Routemasters episode on Sunday was excellent; they do a really good job by the looks of things and from what I've seen of the West Midlands Inspectors they seem to be emulating this success. Just the other week had two inspectors get on to check passes near Solihull College on the 76 and no surprise one young lady had to be taken off as her ticket was clearly a child one when she wasn't.

Liverpool Street

Can someone post a screenshot? I refuse to be a part of the facebook.

- - But reading what has been posted above, it's a truly sickening development of how low these scumbags can go.

I hope they all get rounded up and imprisoned. It is still theft. It is still a crime. But as the Revenue Protection Team in London has rightly stated 'They think it's an acceptable crime.'
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Here's a screenshot LS; It is certainly a sickening development.

karl724223

Big revenue and police operation top of merry hill today finished at 8pm very good results I'm told and the woman copper in charge doesn't mess about with the riff raff

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on February 04, 2014, 09:24:03 PM
Big revenue and police operation top of merry hill today finished at 8pm very good results I'm told and the woman copper in charge doesn't mess about with the riff raff

Yes that Sargent from Brierley Hill police station is excellent!

vinh1000

NB i am part of this group
Joined to see what was going on and put some posts in

THERE IS A NEW PAGE that has launched since
https://www.facebook.com/inspectoralert

Screenshot of Example Posts Below
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

JoNi

When travelling on a bus from Crawley to Redhill recently a scumbag sitting at the back of the bus rang one of mates to say that he had given his name when stopped for a second time for not having a ticket. His mate was not impressed when he asked him to pay the £20 fine to prevent him getting a much more hefty fine for being caught again. This conversation went on for over 20 minutes and became progressively louder when friend declined his request >:( >:(

Liverpool Street

Quote from: vinh1000 on February 04, 2014, 10:18:24 PM
NB i am part of this group
Joined to see what was going on and put some posts in

THERE IS A NEW PAGE that has launched since
https://www.facebook.com/inspectoralert

Screenshot of Example Posts Below

Thank you for this. Notice the disclaimer. And they call NXWM the cunts?

How many times... PAY THE FARE OR DON'T TRAVEL. BUS SERVICES ARE NOT FREE. YOU MUST PAY FOR THE SERVICE.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

B.C Driver

How many times... PAY THE FARE OR DON'T TRAVEL. BUS SERVICES ARE NOT FREE. YOU MUST PAY FOR THE SERVICE.
[/quote]

Exactly LS - like when they get on the bus and say they have no money or they are short by about 50p or more and expect you to let them off. As if they would go into Sainsburys and expect to be able to buy an item being 50p or so short. They would soon be told where to go. Why do they think the buses are any different?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk