News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Revenue Protection

Started by Stu, November 12, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Basically you're never going to win are you? You either do what that driver did and wait so that some scum don't get it their way but a lot of other innocent people lose out, or you accept it anyway and drive on, letting the scum get away with it yet again but at least everyone else on the bus gets on ok.

Have to say it doesn't always end like that, some of the scum don't have quite enough balls and when they realise the driver won't stand for it they give up (under a tirade of abuse). I remember a few months ago I caught the 14 when Tony was driving it, coming towards Stechford someone tried to cheat and Tony wasn't having it, threatening to call the police when they started getting mouthy.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

danny

It was actually my first experience of someone flat out refusing to leave a bus I was shocked. Normally they do jog on, think on one ocasion the driver did let it slide but that was a late evening service.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Lukeee

Have seen that happen a few years ago, scum gets on and refuses to leave, within 30 seconds there was a fight on the bus and the scum was quite literally thrown off.

B.C Driver

Quote from: danny on November 14, 2013, 09:25:09 PM
It was actually my first experience of someone flat out refusing to leave a bus I was shocked. Normally they do jog on, think on one ocasion the driver did let it slide but that was a late evening service.

I love it when they refuse to get off, especially if its early on in my shift. I switch off the engine and if they still dont take the hint I explain to them that I am due to finish at 1am and I am prepared to sit here till that time, then proceed to start reading my newspaper. They soon realise that they are not going to win.

Another one is to switch off the engine and explain to them in a slightly raised voice that "you're holding up the bus and all these people want to get home". that usually gets the other passengers on your side.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

settlerman

Revenue lads were busy on the Soho Road today. Three passengers on upper deck were asked to get off. One refused but when two police officers came upstairs he reluctantly went. Not a happy camper. One of the others insisted he was only 15 years old but admitted his birthday was 1995. Another was moaning that his 24 year old daughter only looked 15 that's why she travelled on a childs fare. Good entertainment. Well done to the Revenue lads and lasses.

Tony

Quote from: settlerman on December 16, 2013, 06:22:50 PM
Revenue lads were busy on the Soho Road today. Three passengers on upper deck were asked to get off. One refused but when two police officers came upstairs he reluctantly went. Not a happy camper. One of the others insisted he was only 15 years old but admitted his birthday was 1995. Another was moaning that his 24 year old daughter only looked 15 that's why she travelled on a childs fare. Good entertainment. Well done to the Revenue lads and lasses.

Yes, 13 of us there for 3 hours. Someone arrested on suspicion of a serious assault on one of our colleagues a few months back as well, so a very successful operation.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: settlerman on December 16, 2013, 06:22:50 PM

I love the excuses they give, one i have seen a couple of times later, the person got on bought his ticket and immediately put it in the used ticket bin, unbelievable.  ::) ::)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley

A couple of weeks ago I watched a 39 get checked by inspectors outside Bilston street police Station, two out of the emergency exit straight away and at least six were carted off for out of date tickets or passes.

Another story of fare evaders

A woman got on the 62 at asda one day going into Wolverhampton, she presented to the driver an nbus child daysaver she had purchased on a Travel express bus, the woman was 35, driver wasnt standing for it so she threw some coins in the slot and had a grumble to herself from the back of the bus, makes you wonder

Westy

Quote from: Ashley on December 17, 2013, 11:41:12 PM
A couple of weeks ago I watched a 39 get checked by inspectors outside Bilston street police Station, two out of the emergency exit straight away and at least six were carted off for out of date tickets or passes.

Another story of fare evaders

A woman got on the 62 at asda one day going into Wolverhampton, she presented to the driver an nbus child daysaver she had purchased on a Travel express bus, the woman was 35, driver wasnt standing for it so she threw some coins in the slot and had a grumble to herself from the back of the bus, makes you wonder

Surely that's the fault of Travel Express for selling it in the first place & the passenger for not checking it?

I've had a couple of instances recently where we've asked for a Daysaver on Nx and got given a day return. Luckily it was spotted in time and reissued.

Back in the days of multiple fares, where a child fare value matched an adult fare value, I believe on the old Autofare machines there was a button to toggle between adult & child fares and most of the time it was easier for the driver to select the same value on the adult fare rather than toggle the child version!

Ex BC driver

Liberator9

Odd and slightly worrying group; stupid inaccurate info as well; "no evening savers" well what is the evening five ticket for then? Plus they don't operate train services round here; barely operate any in the country now. What is the point of targeting the inspectors; they don't decide the fares!

the trainbasher

Tempted to join to post fake information Just to wind then up :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liberator9

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 04, 2014, 08:02:16 PM
Tempted to join to post fake information Just to wind then up :-)

Yes, for instance, when checks are being carried out Nechells Parkway, post they are on Duddeston Manor Road, and all the 14 fare dodgers will be on the 55/94 and get caught!

Stu

I've requested to join the group, just so I can see what's being posted... though I can probably imagine already...

QuoteThis group is dedicated to publically distribute the locations of West Midlands Travel Inspectors; WMT bus fares has spiraled grossly out of control in times of hardships. Evening savers are no longer available, child fare is now not available beyond 10 o'clock. Fares have been raised twice within the last 12 months. National Express, the same company who operate our coaches, train and bus services have been criticised by Travel Watchdogs over increasing minimum fare prices.

Time may be hard, but still no excuse to try and get 'free' travel on the buses. Fares go up because some people think they are owed free travel.

Milk goes up in price, but people don't go robbing milk from supermarkets do they? (OK maybe some people do!)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk