News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Revenue Protection

Started by Stu, November 12, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

If Swift is going to be the Oystercard of the Midlands, events like this ought to be able to be consigned to history.

danny

How does oyster    work. How do inspectors no if a person has tapped in or not.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

JoNi

They have validators to check credit totals in the same way staff on railway operators such as Heathrow connect check Oysters.

vinh1000

Quote from: JoNi on February 20, 2014, 01:26:39 PM
They have validates to check credit totals in the same way staff on railway operators such as Heathrow connect check Oysters.
and also London Midland have readers to check what season ticket is on 'The Key'
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Gareth

Quote from: vinh1000 on February 04, 2014, 10:18:24 PM
NB i am part of this group
Joined to see what was going on and put some posts in

THERE IS A NEW PAGE that has launched since
https://www.facebook.com/inspectoralert

Screenshot of Example Posts Below

So by actively posting on this page giving locations of revenue protection, you are in fact encouraging the fare dodgers and in turn partly responsible for my bus fare going up each year. Good job!

It may sound slightly harsh, but it's true, you should think about your actions before you post on there.

Stu

To be honest, that page doesn't look very well used anyway.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Don't see many recently. Only one I've encountered is in Stourbridge where the inspector stands in front of the doors checking tickets. Driver got rid of one in lye earlier after the driver shouted where's your ticket? Soon came back down the stairs and walked off.

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 08, 2018, 08:56:45 PM
Don't see many recently. Only one I've encountered is in Stourbridge where the inspector stands in front of the doors checking tickets. Driver got rid of one in lye earlier after the driver shouted where's your ticket? Soon came back down the stairs and walked off.

They've been around Solihull a lot recently. Usually at the stops on Blossomfield Road after the College heading out of Solihull.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 08, 2018, 08:56:45 PM
I've seen them in Sutton Coldfield recently as well - at While Road, Duke Street.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

I remember seeing a few on the way into Wolverhampton on a 126 not too long back, they ended up getting a free ride into the bus station after they'd checked the bus I was on.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

The revenue team is supposed to be going back to being garage based soon from what I was told.

CL

Quote from: Dom on February 09, 2018, 08:13:14 AM
The revenue team is supposed to be going back to being garage based soon from what I was told.
Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a thread in the Coventry section named "Ticket Evaders" - provided with a link to an article which has stated that inspectors have now been "permenantly based at Coventry and in the Black Country".

Guess that's another source of 'evidence'.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on February 09, 2018, 02:28:05 PM
Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a thread in the Coventry section named "Ticket Evaders" - provided with a link to an article which has stated that inspectors have now been "permenantly based at Coventry and in the Black Country".

Guess that's another source of 'evidence'.

The revenue team is still fully based at Miller Street, and is staying at Miller Street, but there is one team in Coventry and one in the black country every day

garrym1972

My wife is a driver at WA and comes across fare dodgers on a daily basis.they always don't get to sit down as they walk past covering the dates on tickets.shr asks to see the date but the persons always leave the bus after giving her a bit verbal
gotta love the gemini

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2018, 02:30:44 PM
The revenue team is still fully based at Miller Street, and is staying at Miller Street, but there is one team in Coventry and one in the black country every day
is the Black Country team in hiding or missing in action 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk