News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Boxing Day 2013

Started by the trainbasher, November 10, 2013, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 29, 2013, 08:35:28 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 29, 2013, 07:36:21 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 29, 2013, 07:33:59 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 29, 2013, 04:21:18 PM
So greenbus have presumably won some contracts.. anyone know what diamond will be running?

Or they are just operating the 50?

Well if they were just running that, then they would have enough of the buses they use on there every day of the week, as as far as I am aware, greenbus run their own buses on the 50. They're green and say greenbus on them, that's for sure

I hope it's for the 99 or something Dudley way...

I'm hoping diamond have those contracts.

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 29, 2013, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 29, 2013, 08:35:28 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 29, 2013, 07:36:21 PM
So greenbus have presumably won some contracts.. anyone know what diamond will be running?

Well if they were just running that, then they would have enough of the buses they use on there every day of the week, as as far as I am aware, greenbus run their own buses on the 50. They're green and say greenbus on them, that's for sure

I hope it's for the 99 or something Dudley way...

I'm hoping diamond have those contracts.

*bites tongue* Wouldn't mind seeing something unusual operator wise on the 226!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

notepanel

I'm a little bit confused about how it's working on Boxing Day.

NXWM have stated they are running a Sunday service (until 1830/end of service depending on the route) - which I assume includes on any Centro contracted routes they operate (E.g. the 77).

Generally speaking other operators follow NXWMs lead on Bank Holiday/Festive service levels, however it appears that Centro have not put into Sunday contracts that there is a requirement to operate that service on Boxing Day (hence why Greenbus is getting involved).

Therefore, how has NXWM managed to win all of it's usual Sunday contracted routes (assuming they are not being run commercially), when other operators are getting involved? I can only guess that maybe Centro gives the Sunday operator first refusal, otherwise there would have been a realistic chance of NXWM not winning certain routes?

nitromatt1

They wouldn't need to borrow buses from CB if they were just doing the 50 :)

TGB need all the money they can get right now, I reckon they're trying to get as much work as possible to boost revenue

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 29, 2013, 09:22:26 PM

TGB need all the money they can get right now, I reckon they're trying to get as much work as possible to boost revenue

I can imagine!!

John

Does this mean that the step floor Olympians and Spectras will not be used on Boxing day (hence hiring low floor buses from Central Buses), or are they operating so many services on Boxing day, all their low floor and step entry buses will be out, plus ones hired from Central Buses

Liverpool Street

How much are TGB/contracted drivers getting paid for boxing day workings? NXWM are £26.03~ per hour iirc
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: John on November 29, 2013, 09:32:23 PM

Does this mean that the step floor Olympians and Spectras will not be used on Boxing day (hence hiring low floor buses from Central Buses), or are they operating so many services on Boxing day, all their low floor and step entry buses will be out, plus ones hired from Central Buses

I presume only the Tridents will be used (and the Dart if they need it), but remember many of them could be out on private hire on Boxing Day, which is TGB's main field, so they might only have a few spare, hence borrowing CB's buses

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 29, 2013, 09:35:07 PM
How much are TGB/contracted drivers getting paid for boxing day workings? NXWM are £26.03~ per hour iirc

That's a good rate and will not doubt give the drivers pay packets a boost for those that want to work

I assume NXWM will be charging special fares to cover the increased drivers wages?

monkeyjoe

My understanding is that after 1830 will only be the core main artery routes that will be running,  (no tender routes) list is an improvment than previous years. Used to be limited after 1830 i.e every hr but this time is normal Sunday freq till late. Must be commercial.

55 this year (only usually the 94)
17 not usually run late night service.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 29, 2013, 10:17:49 PM

That's a good rate and will not doubt give the drivers pay packets a boost for those that want to work

I assume NXWM will be charging special fares to cover the increased drivers wages?

I don't think so Winston, there has been increase of pay on Boxing Day for years, last year was £25.pennies and year prior to that was £23.50 iirc. And its paid in two parts and overtime is on standard rate.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 29, 2013, 10:36:33 PM

I don't think so Winston, there has been increase of pay on Boxing Day for years, last year was £25.pennies and year prior to that was £23.50 iirc. And its paid in two parts and overtime is on standard rate.

Sorry LS, don't think I explained myself very well. Will it be the flat rate cash fare that normally applies? I assume NX travelcard holders can use their passes as normal

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 29, 2013, 10:39:15 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 29, 2013, 10:36:33 PM

Sorry LS, don't think I explained myself very well. Will it be the flat rate cash fare that normally applies? I assume NX travelcard holders can use their passes as normal

Oh I see, sorry Winston. Previous I think it was flat maximum fare, no day savers. Passes were still valid but if anyone correct me feel free.
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Bloody hell I'd sell my soul to the almighty AVL for that kinda money!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 30, 2013, 12:55:20 AM

Bloody hell I'd sell my soul to the almighty AVL for that kinda money!

Heh, its only for one day for Sunday duties... average pay time about 5hours so I think you'll be better off doing a 4-day Sunday work for circa 14hours pay at £11.51
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk