News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses to run on chip fat

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 08, 2013, 07:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

They're going on like electric buses would work. That'd be a gimmick.

What about the production of the batteries and the disposal of them? What about the acid inside?

Biofuel is old news. Try to develop a vehicle to run on any flammable liquid, and make sure its stable - that'll be the future.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

Pretty sure a lot of London Taxis already run on biofuel, it might be "old news" and it might not necessarily be cleaner than normal diesel, but it does the job and uses up waste oils and fats so surely it's a good thing yeah?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2013, 10:36:01 PM
Pretty sure a lot of London Taxis already run on biofuel, it might be "old news" and it might not necessarily be cleaner than normal diesel, but it does the job and uses up waste oils and fats so surely it's a good thing yeah?

and if your running low, you can always call at the local chippy for a top up!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Kev, you're talking to someone who doesn't believe in climate change. So do you really think I would care about a tub of Flora getting flushed?

Next thing they'll do is run it on sheep piss... oh wait!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 08, 2013, 10:47:31 PM

Kev, you're talking to someone who doesn't believe in climate change. So do you really think I would care about a tub of Flora getting flushed?

Next thing they'll do is run it on sheep ****... oh wait!

Or on MPs!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk