News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

43 Worcestershire tendered routes face axe

Started by winston, November 05, 2013, 07:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

One possibility, if it actually happens, will certainly be of interest to the Pensnett area fan club!

winston

Quote from: j789 on June 04, 2014, 08:44:59 PM
One possibility, if it actually happens, will certainly be of interest to the Pensnett area fan club!

What, First are considering running to Merry Hill?

PM

Quote from: Winston on June 04, 2014, 08:46:34 PM

What, First are considering running to Merry Hill?

318/007 potentially?

j789

As it is only a rumour I have heard in the depot I would not comment at present on the actual destination in case it is incorrect. It wont be too long to find out though if it does actually happen.

PM

Quote from: j789 on June 04, 2014, 08:56:04 PM
As it is only a rumour I have heard in the depot I would not comment at present on the actual destination in case it is incorrect. It wont be too long to find out though if it does actually happen.

I can understand entirely. And no, can't be long if implementation is still early September.

winston

Quote from: j789 on June 04, 2014, 08:56:04 PM

Incidentally, I was under the impression that Worcester depot was running pretty much at capacity or with little room for expansion. Is that the case?

the trainbasher

@j789 @Winston unless, for a out of the box suggestion, first are buying NXWM Pensnett? :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 04, 2014, 09:06:03 PM
@j789 @Winston unless, for a out of the box suggestion, first are buying NXWM Pensnett? :-)

I doubt NX would accept IOU's  ;)

j789

Haha, probably would be the other way round more likely!!! The depot is rather full but if there are cuts to certain subsidised routes it will free up some vehicles.

PM

Quote from: j789 on June 04, 2014, 09:11:18 PM
Haha, probably would be the other way round more likely!!! The depot is rather full but if there are cuts to certain subsidised routes it will free up some vehicles.

Presumably there must be some free space as First ran the P and R contracts a while back and to my knowledge, no additional work has really since been added. Another option, cut the PVR of city services by using larger buses ie not solos and then use the additional buses for new work?

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 04, 2014, 09:15:29 PM

Presumably there must be some free space as First ran the P and R contracts a while back and to my knowledge, no additional work has really since been added. Another option, cut the PVR of city services by using larger buses ie not solos and then use the additional buses for new work?

Didn't First win the 362/363 contracts during that period & increase the frequency of the 144?

@j789 has the number of new Streetlites due for Worcester now been finalized? I notice First repaints are re-commencing with a Solo in WR paint shop

j789

The p and r was over 6 years ago since First ran it and other routes have had increases since then. Also, a fair few buses used on 362/3/4s and 42/43 which are subsidised routes.

Stuharris 6360

PE garage to run the 318? (although can't see Hansons letting it go)?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

j789

Quote from: Winston on June 04, 2014, 09:18:11 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on June 04, 2014, 09:15:29 PM

Didn't First win the 362/363 contracts during that period & increase the frequency of the 144?

@j789 has the number of new Streetlites due for Worcester now been finalized? I notice First repaints are re-commencing with a Solo in WR paint shop

I have heard different numbers ranging from 6 to 12 coming so am unsure to be honest. There is a freshly painted training bus at Worcester too (looks good to be fair - very pinkish though!) but I haven't seen the fleet number so don't know if it was Worcester's trainer or a transfer from elsewhere. Possibly in the summer holidays more buses will be repainted when less buses are needed in service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk