News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

4829 now at Miller Street

busfan2847

Quote from: windy miller on June 07, 2024, 03:08:56 AMcan anyone tell me if the original electro demo bus (4798) is still in the hands of WM or has it been returned to the manfctr?
Latest photos on Flckr show it at Nottingham in March this year.

The Real 4777

don

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2024, 01:50:45 PM4829 now at Miller Street
@Tony are these going elsewhere for repaint etc after MOT, for Go Ahead prior to them entering service. I shall be interested to see if any end up on Morebus services, in Bournemouth! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on June 07, 2024, 07:23:46 PM@Tony are these going elsewhere for repaint etc after MOT, for Go Ahead prior to them entering service. I shall be interested to see if any end up on Morebus services, in Bournemouth
They are leaving NXWM in as withdrawn condition. I don't know how much work or where Go-Ahead are going to prepare them

busboy31

Is 4822 devaulted and had its ticket machine removed ready for withdrawal?

Quote from: Mayfield on June 06, 2024, 02:02:27 PMOn return to the lease company do you have to present the bus to them in a certain condition, I've had experience with cars and there is a check sheet with measurements of scratches, dents service records etc.
years a go there was lots of chat about the 09 4800 batch were racking up to much mileage on the 9s i never understood why, now i know there leased it makes sense, one of the conditions of leasing is mileage if its in the contract.

B.C Driver

Quote from: 2900 on June 08, 2024, 07:22:00 AMyears a go there was lots of chat about the 09 4800 batch were racking up to much mileage on the 9s i never understood why, now i know there leased it makes sense, one of the conditions of leasing is mileage if its in the contract.
Interesting, but it's a bus which travels on bus routes daily, not a car used once a week for shopping and church. What kind of mileage would they expect?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Rachvince53

Quote from: The Real 4777 on June 07, 2024, 10:41:29 AM'Current' location, excellent pun for the electrical generation.
I wonder if its fused?

windy miller

Quote from: Gareth on June 07, 2024, 09:48:22 AMIt hasn't been with WM for well over a year. Went around to various operators afterwards. Not sure of its current location.
many thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

busboy31

Will there be any more withdrawn E400s from tomorrow?

Tony

Quote from: busboy31 on June 09, 2024, 05:34:41 PMWill there be any more withdrawn E400s from tomorrow?
more than likely

mranon

Quote from: B.C Driver on June 08, 2024, 10:50:16 AMInteresting, but it's a bus which travels on bus routes daily, not a car used once a week for shopping and church. What kind of mileage would they expect?
some buses allocated on certain routes regularly will clock up more miles than others. A good example was the wolverhampton 54/154 service where the e200s branded for those routes quickly clocked up a lot of miles compared to others of the same batch running on other routes. 

So in the case of the 9, its a busy long route, and if (and i dont know for certain) for arguments sake there was a an agreement on mileage, over the term of the lease you wouldnt want those vehicles reaching the mileage limit before the time is up. Depending on the agreement that could inccur extra costs/penaltys.

Tony

4807 now withdrawn at Miller Street

4810 likely to be next

Tony

Quote from: Tony on June 10, 2024, 10:55:30 AM4807 now withdrawn at Miller Street

4810 likely to be next
4810 is now at Miller Street along with another one to go, 4805

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk