News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on May 26, 2023, 08:43:06 AM6988 WB-Withdrawn it has gone off bus times
Then it must be true ..... wait till Tony confirms this 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

winston

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on May 26, 2023, 08:43:06 AM6988 WB-Withdrawn it has gone off bus times
Clearly the armchair enthusiasts on Bustimes are also vehicle assessors too.... 

Tony

Quote from: winston on May 26, 2023, 09:53:05 AMClearly the armchair enthusiasts on Bustimes are also vehicle assessors too....
It has a book value of nearly a quarter of a million pounds, so we will wait to see what repair cost Alexander Dennis give us before withdrawal

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2023, 10:10:03 AMIt has a book value of nearly a quarter of a million pounds, so we will wait to see what repair cost Alexander Dennis give us before withdrawal
Exactly, no way would it have been assessed, repair costs priced & a decision made on its future less than 48 hrs after the fire.

The type of fire / damage will be comparable to 6899 which is currently being repaired, plus 6988 is newer still & will therefore have a higher book value.

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2023, 10:10:03 AMIt has a book value of nearly a quarter of a million pounds, so we will wait to see what repair cost Alexander Dennis give us before withdrawal
Heard it's going to be a new platinum open topper 

Stu

You're jumping the gun, just like the other 'enthusiasts' also jumping to swift conclusions.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-6988/history

BusTimes isn't a 'competition', it's meant to be an informative resource, but some people are ruining it for everybody else.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BN

Quote from: winston on May 26, 2023, 10:49:34 AMExactly, no way would it have been assessed, repair costs priced & a decision made on its future less than 48 hrs after the fire.

The type of fire / damage will be comparable to 6899 which is currently being repaired, plus 6988 is newer still & will therefore have a higher book value.
I put the 2 photos together from 6766, both arsons are exactly the same.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: BN on May 27, 2023, 10:04:25 AMI put the 2 photos together from 6766, both arsons are exactly the same.
Back seats top deck?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

WB 1945/1946 have sat in dead bus row for quite some time now, have they suffered major mechanical issues, its been a while since i seen one of the engineers to ask the question.

Tony

Alexander Dennis are coming to assess 6988 on Friday for rebuilding or rebodying, only when they give us a price a few days later will anyone know if it is withdrawn 

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2023, 04:25:18 PMAlexander Dennis are coming to assess 6988 on Friday for rebuilding or rebodying, only when they give us a price a few days later will anyone know if it is withdrawn
There is no way its gonna be fixed to expensive with the amount of damage 

Tony

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on May 31, 2023, 04:43:10 PMThere is no way its gonna be fixed to expensive with the amount of damage
So, I presume you know how much Alexander Dennis charge for a new body and what the book value of the bus is then?

BBS

QuoteThere is no way its gonna be fixed to expensive with the amount of damage
How can you say " there is no way " when you haven't even seen the damage and most of all how can you claim that the manufacturer can't fix it?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

18WilliamsLi

I have seen the damage

Tony

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on May 31, 2023, 05:07:31 PMI have seen the damage
But you obviously have no idea how insurance works.

I'll give you an idea. A bus is 'written down' over around 18 years. That bus is 3.5 years old, so so far has only lost around 1/5 of its value.

If Alexander Dennis will put a new body on the existing chassis for 3/5 the price of a new bus then it is a 1/5 saving having it rebuilt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk