News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: don on January 25, 2022, 10:52:10 PM
Thanks Tony - good to hear 6746 is being repaired.

I personally think a single decker in WCT livery would look excellent - even though I only recall it on the handful of Bedford SBOs and the Leyland Royal Tigers (as 808, now preserved at Wythall) - and also to continue the naming from 4601 (Walsall1955 on Flickr, sadly deceased).

Quote from: Martin on January 25, 2022, 10:16:52 PM
I've just seen a picture on Facebook of 1834 in Walsall corporation colours has it been photoshopped or is it real Tony ?
Reading between the lines.. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 25, 2022, 11:29:09 PM
Is 4573 being repaired or will that not be coming back?

Already repaired

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on January 26, 2022, 05:46:39 PM
Already repaired
Shame, normally (Except Plaxton Presidents) i dont wish to see any bus reach the end, but 4573 is responsible for an injury to my wife, just after she was transferred to WN, first they said they didnt have 4573
second 4573 wasnt on the road that day
third (when i produced the ticket) the video wasnt working on the bus that day so could not be investigated, as a result i will willingly dance on 4573s grave
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on January 31, 2022, 07:55:05 PM
Shame, normally (Except Plaxton Presidents) i dont wish to see any bus reach the end, but 4573 is responsible for an injury to my wife, just after she was transferred to WN, first they said they didnt have 4573
second 4573 wasnt on the road that day
third (when i produced the ticket) the video wasnt working on the bus that day so could not be investigated, as a result i will willingly dance on 4573s grave

4573 has never been transferred to Wolverhampton. It was new there in 2004, but never transferred back

Wumpty

Two Caetano Levante coaches at PN this lunchtime on disposal row(unable to see reg numbers).

Over to @Tony !
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on February 07, 2022, 01:03:22 PM
Two Caetano Levante coaches at PN this lunchtime on disposal row(unable to see reg numbers).

Over to @Tony !

Was 3 there. They are the three 66 plates which are off lease waiting for the bank to collect

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2022, 04:02:27 PM
Was 3 there. They are the three 66 plates which are off lease waiting for the bank to collect
still three there this morning

Tony

4266 is the latest casualty after suffering an engine failure

Michael Bevan

PVS have just taken 4349 away for scrap.

Tony

4344 is currently on its way from Pensnett to Used Bus & Coach, Warrington, not sure if they have collected 4342 today as well

Tony

Some B7/ALX 400 news.
4266 has been withdrawn, engine gone.
4270 has been withdrawn on MoT expiry
4272 has just passed an MoT so has a bit more time
4280 has a rotton chassis and is unlikely to run again
4301 passed an MoT last week so has a bit more time.

Gareth

Despite what people say about 'modern' buses, to still have a sizeable fleet of buses that are now celebrating their 20th birthdays is testament to the build and NX engineers.

Westy

This might be a soft question, but vehicles are being stripped for spare parts before being disposal  aren't they?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 16, 2022, 04:14:59 PM
This might be a soft question, but vehicles are being stripped for spare parts before being disposal  aren't they?

Only ones we need spare parts off

cardew

Quote from: Gareth on February 16, 2022, 03:48:23 PM
Despite what people say about 'modern' buses, to still have a sizeable fleet of buses that are now celebrating their 20th birthdays is testament to the build and NX engineers.

Indeed, it must be quite a few years since the average age of the fleet was last over 10 years old. Probably more like 12 at Acocks Green now. (I know the reasons why, no criticism implied)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk