News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

what garage will the new buses be at

Started by jack corbett, October 20, 2013, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Saw one of them heading into town this evening on me way up to Erdington from work... shocked me a bit didn't realise they were here already cause I'd been on holiday for a week
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

Rode 4916 on the 21:30 904E to Sutton then the 22:04 904 back to city tonight. Always like to catch a new bus on its first day in service.

One thing I did notice, contrary to previous Enviros, the lower saloon CCTV screen is fixed on one camera in the lower saloon, and the upper saloon screen is fixed on a camera in the upper saloon, rather than flicking between all cameras. I would've thought a better idea would've been to show a camera in the other saloon (i.e. upstairs showing what's going on downstairs, and vice versa)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 30, 2013, 11:35:10 PM
Rode 4916 on the 21:30 904E to Sutton then the 22:04 904 back to city tonight. Always like to catch a new bus on its first day in service.

One thing I did notice, contrary to previous Enviros, the lower saloon CCTV screen is fixed on one camera in the lower saloon, and the upper saloon screen is fixed on a camera in the upper saloon, rather than flicking between all cameras. I would've thought a better idea would've been to show a camera in the other saloon (i.e. upstairs showing what's going on downstairs, and vice versa)

And the front camera is repositioned and of HD quality.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

One more thing, 4916 has been named........Sharlene.

John

Are there any more out today not seen yesterday?

settlerman

Quote from: Tony on October 30, 2013, 07:59:25 PM
Quote from: Rob4367 on October 30, 2013, 07:57:32 PM
Quote from: Tony on October 30, 2013, 07:53:02 PM
Quote from: Rob4367 on October 30, 2013, 01:42:24 PM
Quote from: Nathan4775 on October 30, 2013, 01:23:29 PM
Didn't see 4918 with a name? if I pass it again today ill have a look, was in a rush

I know 4918's name starts with a N but thats all I could make out

Tianan doesn't start with an N
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4918.html

Thanks Tony :) I don't know why N come into my mind ::)

Notice on my photo of the rear of 4918 Sutton Coldfield is in a different place and size to that image with it blurred out posted on twitter
[/quote
Tianan or is it Tianen.

JIM H

Stevo

I saw one yesterday coming down the M18 near Sheffield, complete with branding. I couldn't see the fleet number.

Ossie

4916/17/18 all seen this morning in Sutton Coldfield. First two are  Sharlene, (as already posted) and Laura Emily.  They were on the 902 and 904; Sharlene noted on both routes so I assume they're inter-worked with a change-over in the City Centre.

Gets more like Eddie Stobart every day ....  ;)

Ossie

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 30, 2013, 09:42:37 PM
Are they any faster then BC's?!?!?!

No, judging by 4917's gentle meanderings on the 904 today ...... ;D

Kevin

Just saw 4915 on the 905, first time I've seen the branding in daylight, have to say it does look very smart

settlerman

don

Any likelihood PB will have 15 of these and somewhere else the remaining 10? E.g. YW?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on November 01, 2013, 02:45:53 PM
Any likelihood PB will have 15 of these and somewhere else the remaining 10? E.g. YW?

Don, As I understand it, PB are due to get the balance of the 26 outstanding

Kevin

My plans changed considerably when I saw 4915 in Sutton, so I caught 4916 to on the 905 to town. Man alive he put his foot down on the expressway must have been late, but yeah they can shift those buses. Saw all of 4914-4918, don't know how many more were out there or even arrived yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk