News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

R455 CCV - Has returned to Kidderminster....But is it back for good??

Started by iamwilljh92, October 18, 2013, 03:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

I didn't even realise it had returned until I saw it the other day doing the number 10 on my estate I mean has it returned for good could anyway clarify the status of it's future I hope it has come back for good as it doesn't blow crap out anymore so I reckon it's had a full service and has come back to Kidderminster indefinitely but like I say can anyone clarify the status??

Cedric

Quote from: iamwilljh92 on October 18, 2013, 03:06:14 PM
I didn't even realise it had returned until I saw it the other day doing the number 10 on my estate I mean has it returned for good could anyway clarify the status of it's future I hope it has come back for good as it doesn't blow crap out anymore so I reckon it's had a full service and has come back to Kidderminster indefinitely but like I say can anyone clarify the status??
do not know how long it back for as other than the ex first 54 reg  darts & enviros it is the only  one   ex first single  deck
in service . agree  it has improved it can get up station hill a lot better than  it use too. from some on else along   the 10 in Kidderminster        been on 20503 and 30905   both fairly recent to Kidderminster both on the 10
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

It is one of my favourite buses, certainly in Diamond's fleet. That's because it is a Cornish bus and I love Cornwall! I would love to see it stay but would assume it's days are numbered with Diamond as it has no wheelchair ramp I believe? Hopefully I'm wrong!

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on October 19, 2013, 08:00:22 PM
It is one of my favourite buses, certainly in Diamond's fleet. That's because it is a Cornish bus and I love Cornwall! I would love to see it stay but would assume it's days are numbered with Diamond as it has no wheelchair ramp I believe? Hopefully I'm wrong!

Yeah same brilliant bus-really smart and quite fast as well. Shame that it is non-dda which must mean that diamond soon want to sell it...

iamwilljh92

I think we need to start a campaign fellas to make sure they keep her as Sam, Diamond Dart and Bewminster (sorry guys don't know your names) have pointed out she is in good condition and as I pointed put she longer blows crap out so she should be kept I know she is 16 on 12th November if memory serves me correct and I know it doesn't have a ramp but at the end of the day neither does (30905; W905 JNF) (to my knowledge) if anyone else agrees with me on this and feels as passionately about her as I, Sam, Diamond Dart and Bewminster do then I will write a letter to Diamond Bus and ask them to keep her on yes I understand that it might sound bizzare (to them) but at the end of the day she's still got another 5 - 10 years to give yet easily

winston

Quote from: iamwilljh92 on October 19, 2013, 10:39:39 PM
I think we need to start a campaign fellas to make sure they keep her as Sam, Diamond Dart and Bewminster (sorry guys don't know your names) have pointed out she is in good condition and as I pointed put she longer blows crap out so she should be kept I know she is 16 on 12th November if memory serves me correct and I know it doesn't have a ramp but at the end of the day neither does (30905; W905 JNF) (to my knowledge) if anyone else agrees with me on this and feels as passionately about her as I, Sam, Diamond Dart and Bewminster do then I will write a letter to Diamond Bus and ask them to keep her on yes I understand that it might sound bizzare (to them) but at the end of the day she's still got another 5 - 10 years to give yet easily

Sorry, really can't see a Dart lasting 26 yrs in service

PM

Sadly 30905 does but I totally am behind your cause here-excellent bus. Preservation of a dart slf would be something I want to do but sadly not in a position to at the moment. I don't think diamond-though they are EXTREMELY helpful to enthusiasts and I mean this-they have sold buses for preservation and allowed depot visits etc could decide whether to just keep a bus on as we like it sadly. They are a business at the end of the day... The only real option would be preservation which I would be really happy if that happened. I'm Peter by the way  :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on October 19, 2013, 10:42:34 PM

The MD of Travel Express can...

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 19, 2013, 10:44:42 PM

Ok, I'll give you that one. But their are not exactly renowned for spending on their fleet......

Can't see Rotala keeping a Dart in service at up too 26 years old

PM

Quote from: Winston on October 19, 2013, 10:47:18 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 19, 2013, 10:44:42 PM

Ok, I'll give you that one. But their are not exactly renowned for spending on their fleet......

Can't see Rotala keeping a Dart in service at up too 26 years old

I was about to mention travel express but the thing with R455CCV is that some of the seats look like they were very recently refurbished by first in their moquette before the sale and the interior in general is pristine. When I went on it-did 3 round trips on the 57/58 with it-you would have thought it was newer and a lot better built than certainly enviros and the MAN centros. Brilliant bus...

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 19, 2013, 10:43:59 PM

Sadly 30905 does but I totally am behind your cause here-excellent bus. Preservation of a dart slf would be something I want to do but sadly not in a position to at the moment. I don't think diamond-though they are EXTREMELY helpful to enthusiasts and I mean this-they have sold buses for preservation and allowed depot visits etc could decide whether to just keep a bus on as we like it sadly. They are a business at the end of the day... The only real option would be preservation which I would be really happy if that happened. I'm Peter by the way  :)
I  am  in the same postion  as you    not able to   un less I win the lottery   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

think it might have left  Kidderminster again not seen it myself for a couple of weeks, anyone else seen it lately
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on November 02, 2013, 09:44:45 PM
It may well be parked around the back of the depot in Kidder

Wasn't Friday morning.
It MAY have been inside the depot as I could see a First liveried dart inside the garage this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk