News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

what would you like to see in the next 5 years, this if for FUN..

Started by danny, May 05, 2012, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

A Mercedes S65 AMG in black with unlimited fuel. So I don't have to catch a public bus with a bunch of idiots taking ages to get there :)

Of course I'm an enthusiast but I hate catching the bus because of the lack of legroom, the smell of weed, the noisy morons, the annoying music, the drunks and a lot more.

So for that reason, I'm out.

BU07 LGO

More local variety would be nice, i live in Pheasey and all routes now are Enviro operated, (except 451 and 651), a few years ago it was all gemini haha

nx4737

Quote from: 4504 on May 09, 2012, 10:13:48 PM
More trains between Stourbridge Junction & B'ham New Street

Don't be lazy, get off at Moor Street and walk, it's not that far! LOL  ;D

Sorry, did I go wrong somewhere. I thought this topic was for fun, what would you say to people with luggage having to drag it all the way to new street from moor street, I just noticed there's an unused line by the Smethwick junction, apart from, I think it's two trains a day.
Anyway, it was a thought for fun, because if this did happen, there would certainly be delays between Galton Bridge and Stourbridge Junction

Quote from: nx4737 on May 11, 2012, 04:59:55 AM

Electronic route displays inside trains, i.e. LM class 323s, if Arriva and Great Western can install some, so can london midland  ;)

Liberator9

Well please don't mock this but:

Conductors make a return  - this is of course never going to happen to prevent vandalism
If the above happened, remove those rattly ticket machines
LED interior screens showing location and general information on all buses with multicolour exterior LED blinds
Wright to make a better version of the Wright Crusader and the Liberators. Same exterior design (front) with ZF gearbox but quieter and with modern interior
Wright reinstate the original Eclipse Urban as personally, preferred the front
Geminis to be fully refurbed with a new single best impressions livery.
All buses to have a new best impressions livery similar to Network Warrington.
Stagecoach design Enviro 300s, Mercedes Citaro and Temsa Avenues ordered
A UK Man Lion City made and a Foton BJ6123 (Chinese maker shown at
Interiors have some resistant material on seat backs to stop marks. Although new cleaning technology can now remove them
Bus makers ensure the buses are rattle free with better materials and some sort of insulation which absorbs shakes to prevent this getting through to the panels.
Car like seats fitted which are much more comfy!

And I think that's it! Just for fun though! So don't mock any of the above  ;)

Ash

The i-bus system similar to London would be good if this was to be installed i would trial it on the outercircle first telling people where to get off for other bus connections, town centre's and any other attractions and then if sucessful roll it out on all NXWM buses as standard like london.

Nathan4775

DRIVERS actully run to their timetables
B1OL Ultras to return to YW for the 27/49
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMK

The return of conductors (hopefully this would cut down on fare dodgers and anti-social behaviour).
The completion of the second phase of the Wolverhampton Interchange project.
More Enviros for PE.
Enviros for WN and WB.
Next stop announcements
More real time timetable displays (especially at Wolves bus station).
Express version of the 529 and 126.
Reduce the number of stops the 900 serves between the Small Heath Highway and the point at which the 60 turns off the A45
Express route between Wolves and Merry Hill.
Metro extensions to Walsall, Dudley, Merry Hill, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Chelmsley Wood, Birmingham Airport, and Coventry
Resurrection of the 333 route.
Extension of the 34 route to Wolves from it's current terminus in Stowlawn via the route the 334 used to take back in the 90s.
Arriva to take over Midland and thus expand their commercial routes.
Banga to have an all low-floor fleet   ;)
The withdrawal of the Spectras and for them to never return to Wolves again  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on May 12, 2012, 01:49:04 PM

DRIVERS actully run to their timetables
B1OL Ultras to return to YW for the 27/49

They haven't gone away from the 27

Stu

He means the ex-gas Alexander Ultra B10Ls, which I was actually glad to see the back of as they were awful buses.  :-\
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2012, 10:27:36 AM
He means the ex-gas Alexander Ultra B10Ls, which I was actually glad to see the back of as they were awful buses.  :-\

I actully quite liked riding on them on a Evening Journey to Maypole
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

nx4737

Quote from: 4504 on May 11, 2012, 04:06:52 PM
Sorry, did I go wrong somewhere. I thought this topic was for fun, what would you say to people with luggage having to drag it all the way to new street from moor street, I just noticed there's an unused line by the Smethwick junction, apart from, I think it's two trains a day.
Anyway, it was a thought for fun, because if this did happen, there would certainly be delays between Galton Bridge and Stourbridge Junction

Quote from: nx4737 on May 11, 2012, 04:59:55 AM

No offence intended, I was only joking  :)

I agree, I really liked the gas b10ls

Quote from: NathanJC on May 13, 2012, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2012, 10:27:36 AM

I actully quite liked riding on them on a Evening Journey to Maypole

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk