News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

what would you like to see in the next 5 years, this if for FUN..

Started by danny, May 05, 2012, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Quote from: 4504 on May 15, 2012, 12:19:57 AM
I agree, I really liked the gas b10ls

Quote from: NathanJC on May 13, 2012, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2012, 10:27:36 AM
He means the ex-gas Alexander Ultra B10Ls, which I was actually glad to see the back of as they were awful buses.  :-\

I actully quite liked riding on them on a Evening Journey to Maypole

All my favourite buses have/are being withdrawn
Gas B1OLs
B1OLS
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Trains

• Tables on Class 172 and 323 four seat arrangements to stop people putting feet on the seats - I actually saw the conductor of a class 323 service (airport to new st, local stations), get out of his cabin and tap the window when he saw someone with their feet on the seat,  :D
    • 2 by 2 seat arrangements for class 323s instead of 3 by 3
    • more automated voice destination alerts on trains
    • wi-fi and power plugs on all trains
    • more ticket officers on trains

Buses

• fix overrevving idle on all B7/ALXs
  • more sunday services on routes
  • enviro-like tree deflectors on all buses
  • annoucements at bus stations when buses are approaching

makkacdt

More bus lanes
A end to all anti social behavour
Refurbisment of older buses
Improvment in service reliabilty
Night Buses!!!!
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

makkacdt

to right be much better going to birmingham on a night out or a late night at work, many other countrys do it, why not us.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Badger

- The Midland Metro 5Ws line completed, to ease congestion on service 59
- New buses on services 25, 32, 33

QuoteArriva to take over Midland and thus expand their commercial routes.

Nooooooooooooooo
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

Nathan4775

Quote from: danny on May 29, 2012, 04:13:10 AM
Oh Hell yes we need night buses back

Didnt NXWM used to run night services anyways i remeber seeing the 904N & 51N along Corporation Street (67 route), might be wrong but  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

monkeyjoe

They had a whole network of them for £1.50 a trip, Most starting from Colmore Row & Bull Street. Then later they tried starting them from Broad Street.

I suspect they stopped due to crime etc I could be wrong.

I used to use the 94N most weekends it was only for a short while, then another company took over and it was the 914n or something like that.

Discodave

Branding of all buses to be banned espically Arriva ones as they are never on the right routes (Cannock is the only garage which does it)

Stu

I agree, I think that NXWM's brandings spoil the look of the bus, especially when they start using garish and badly-contrasting colour schemes.

Lets have all the fleet painted into red/white and leave off the brandings, they don't serve any useful purpose. The big LED display at the front gives a clue as to what bus it is anyway.  ;D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

NXWM to return to Cannock and take over the Arriva services, the Chase Line shut and a return to limited stop buses every 20 mins from Cannock to Birmingham! Oh and Cannock to become part of the West Midlands, weve got far more in common with  it than Staffordshire ( Accent etc)

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 11, 2012, 05:09:09 PM

Lets have all the fleet painted into red/white and leave off the brandings, they don't serve any useful purpose.

That is apart from increasing passenger numbers and we wouldn't want that would we?
Haven't you noticed, the companys that are regularly praised on here, Trent, Go-Ahead, Nottingham, Brighton & Hove, all you garish coloured branding?
The reason being every large company in the country will tell you branding increases ridership!

Ossie

1)  More evening services on NXWM after 18:30, especially Saturdays, these do seem to me to be getting less and less frequent in NE Birmingham.

2)  Resumption of the Wolverhampton - Walsall direct train link, even if it's just a Class 153 again.

And if you want a "fun" item - reopen all the closed depots still in existance .... Lea Hall, Selly Oak, Coventry Road, Cleveland Road for starters.  Are there any others?  Does Washwood Heath still exist?

JackC

Quote from: SMK on May 12, 2012, 04:42:25 PM
Arriva to take over Midland and thus expand their commercial routes.

Well what do you know, this one has actually come true. Maybe we can see some of the others coming true too! Some new buses at West Brom wouldn't go amiss.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 11, 2012, 07:14:44 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 11, 2012, 05:09:09 PM

Lets have all the fleet painted into red/white and leave off the brandings, they don't serve any useful purpose.

That is apart from increasing passenger numbers and we wouldn't want that would we?
Haven't you noticed, the companys that are regularly praised on here, Trent, Go-Ahead, Nottingham, Brighton & Hove, all you garish coloured branding?
The reason being every large company in the country will tell you branding increases ridership!

That was just my own opinion, and branding may appear to be doing a job, but I prefer to believe that a number of other factors are contributing to the increased passenger numbers we're seeing:

• The brand new buses
  • The network reviews, that have revised and introduced routes to meet passenger demands
  • The increase in real-time displays, and better timetable information at bus stops
  • And of course, the rising cost of fuel which is forcing more people to give up their cars and try public transport instead

Again, just my own opinion, and after all, this thread is about 'what we'd like to see'. Route branding may be effective, but some people like it, some don't. My own observations are that people really don't pay any attention to them anyway, the same people that get on a bus with a big 'Solihull' on the front display, and then ask the driver if this bus goes to Solihull!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk