News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by OH25, October 08, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXWM Spectra

Will any other buses be getting similar treatment?

James4368

4368 is on BC 14 today Birmingham-Chelmsey Wood
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Rob H

Tony caught 4368 out on YW6 today look in Noteworthy Workings November thread for the pic of 4368 on the 6 but I seen 4368 on the 60 first thing this morning so must have moved onto YW6 mid morning :-\
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Rob4367 on November 05, 2013, 09:19:10 PM
Tony caught 4368 out on YW6 today look in Noteworthy Workings November thread for the pic of 4368 on the 6 but 4368 was on the 60 first thing this morning :-\

One good thing, they appear to have repaired that upstairs light.  :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

John

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 05, 2013, 09:23:00 PM
Tony caught 4368 out on YW6 today look in Noteworthy Workings November thread for the pic of 4368 on the 6 but 4368 was on the 60 first thing this morning :-\

Are Yardley Wood short of buses at the minute again?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on November 05, 2013, 09:32:39 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 05, 2013, 09:23:00 PM

Are Yardley Wood short of buses at the minute again?

or drivers, or perhaps both?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylan4579

4368 was in the news this morning I think.

John

I heard a radio report on it this morning at work, and also this article on the Birmingham Mail website
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/west-midlands-police-first-uk-6274732

richie

Quote from: John on November 06, 2013, 05:09:05 PM
I heard a radio report on it this morning at work, and also this article on the Birmingham Mail website
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/west-midlands-police-first-uk-6274732

No longer a trident according to the article it's now a Trojan

Stu

Quote from: richie on November 06, 2013, 06:53:28 PM

'Trojan' just refers to the fact that it's an undercover bus. Fall Of Troy, the Trojan horse and all that. Beware Greeks Bearing Gifts, or smart buses with crime-busting technology and all that.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stu on November 06, 2013, 07:53:57 PM

'Trojan' just refers to the fact that it's an undercover bus. Fall Of Troy, the Trojan horse and all that. Beware Greeks Bearing Gifts, or smart buses with crime-busting technology and all that.  ;)

It was the Greeks who gave the Trojan horse to the Trojans. Technically, it wasn't a Trojan horse but a Greek horse. Hence the tag "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes",which, you'll recall, is usually and somewhat inaccurately translated, "Beware Greeks bearing gifts."
The point is, just as the Trojan horse was Greek, what you call a Greek tag is, in fact, Latin. The Greeks wouldn't suggest bewaring of themselves, if one can use such a participle, and it's clearly Latin not because "Timeo" ends in "o", as the Greek first person also ends in "o". No, there is a Greek word "Timao" meaning "I honour", but the "os" ending is a nominative singular termination of a second declension in Greek and an accusative plural in Latin, though actually Danaos is not only the Greek for Greek, it's also the Latin for Greek.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 06, 2013, 08:08:36 PM

It was the Greeks who gave the Trojan horse to the Trojans. Technically, it wasn't a Trojan horse but a Greek horse. Hence the tag "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes",which, you'll recall, is usually and somewhat inaccurately translated, "Beware Greeks bearing gifts."
The point is, just as the Trojan horse was Greek, what you call a Greek tag is, in fact, Latin. The Greeks wouldn't suggest bewaring of themselves, if one can use such a participle, and it's clearly Latin not because "Timeo" ends in "o", as the Greek first person also ends in "o". No, there is a Greek word "Timao" meaning "I honour", but the "os" ending is a nominative singular termination of a second declension in Greek and an accusative plural in Latin, though actually Danaos is not only the Greek for Greek, it's also the Latin for Greek.

Very good, did you study Classics at school/college too then? (I know I did  :()
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stu on November 06, 2013, 08:22:52 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 06, 2013, 08:08:36 PM

Very good, did you study Classics at school/college too then? (I know I did  :()

No...I watch Yes Minister! :-) At work they call me the real life Sir Humphrey!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

It says in the article that 324 of these systems have been bought and all of Bordsley Garage buses have been fitted, any idea what other garages are likely to get them?

No point in fitting them to PE Mercs, don't want them ruined by smoke damage!  :D :D :D

Rob H

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 06, 2013, 08:30:03 PM
It says in the article that 324 of these systems have been bought and all of Bordsley Garage buses have been fitted, any idea what other garages are likely to get them?

No point in fitting them to PE |Mercs, don't want them ruined by smoke damage!  :D :D :D

I'd say AG & BC might get them :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk