News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Unusual Workings October 2013

Started by trident4370, September 30, 2013, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

Aww that's rather spoilt it, I Was hoping it was a mistake of some kind :P LS do you know if this will be permanent or just until said "allocation issues" are resolved?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: trident4370 on October 08, 2013, 07:02:50 PM
Aww that's rather spoilt it, I Was hoping it was a mistake of some kind :P LS do you know if this will be permanent or just until said "allocation issues" are resolved?

Its temporary At The Moment.

Indeed it is also due to AG losing serious mileage on uncovered 11 work. Hence short workings. There is also no timetable, just Mileage sheets.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 08, 2013, 06:59:34 PM
I also saw 4187 on the 11E.

Its the Acocks Green staff drivers duty. They come to BC and take a trident or two and do a short working on the 11. Why they take a bus from BC is due to Allocation issues apparently but I think its something else.

It was a new thing as of this Monday.

How weird, an AG driver, goes to BC, takes bus out, does a short journey on the 11E and then presumably returns the bus to BC, then the driver goes back to Acocks Green, seems like a total waste of money to me.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Apologies for the question, but what do you mean by "losing mileage", from "uncovered 11 work" I read it to mean a lack of drivers, but that doesn't explain the tridents, unless I've got completely the wrong end of the stick
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

trident4370

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 08, 2013, 07:05:17 PM
Its temporary At The Moment.

Indeed it is also due to AG losing serious mileage on uncovered 11 work. Hence short workings. There is also no timetable, just Mileage sheets.
Ahh so It could happen at any time during peaks then, damn, Thanks for clearing it up though LS! You've at least saved me a wasted wait in the morning :P

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 08, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
How weird, an AG driver, goes to BC, takes bus out, does a short journey on the 11E and then presumably returns the bus to BC, then the driver goes back to Acocks Green, seems like a total waste of money to me.

This morning when I saw it, it was running in convoy with a President aswell so wasn't even filling in a gap.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on October 08, 2013, 07:09:23 PM
Apologies for the question, but what do you mean by "losing mileage", from "uncovered 11 work" I read it to mean a lack of drivers, but that doesn't explain the tridents, unless I've got completely the wrong end of the stick

I don't know the whole jist of it;

All I know is as part of the staff duty they come to BC, take a Trident, do some 11 work and then return the bus.

And its to do with the loss of 11 mileage or something but all I know is what I've written above.

Weird eh? and not all buses can show 11 so who knows what's its programmed on?

And 4370; there is no timetable for these runnings.

Ooh, I think the idea is because the staff driver doesn't do enough driving so thus.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 08, 2013, 07:13:49 PM

All I know is as part of the staff duty they come to BC, take a Trident, do some 11 work and then return the bus.

And its to do with the loss of 11 mileage or something but all I know is what I've written above.

Ooh, I think the idea is because the staff driver doesn't do enough driving so thus.

And AG can't allocate that mileage so it comes from BC.
until it cought fire

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Liverpool Street

4437 - On the back of a Mansfield beast.
until it cought fire

Ashley 4566

Wn11 was fully dd for most of the day which is odd and pointless

Trident on the 82
Spectra on one of the Wombourne routes
4004 - 529
Gemini - WA70
677 - 301

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 08, 2013, 07:14:34 PM

Now after checking it out properly I have been informed it was actually a Perry Barr driver driving the BC bus on the AG route!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on October 08, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 08, 2013, 07:14:34 PM

Now after checking it out properly I have been informed it was actually a Perry Barr driver driving the BC bus on the AG route!

gets more interesting by the minute.

Are PB drivers trained on Tridents or does the BC driver trainer have to give them a briefing before they go out?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on October 08, 2013, 08:55:52 PM

Que?
Is someone taking the piss somewhere?
AG need some staff duty covered so they steal a bus from Central and a driver from Perry Barr...
W T F ?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 4566

I do agree its a strange scenerio but its something definately different

Tony

The story about the tridents on the 11 appears to be

AVL need an extra bus to fill gaps caused by traffic problems on the 11. BC have a bus spare that can be used. PB are the only garage with a driver available.

It is possible that when the PB driver picks up the BC trident PB then reprogramme the blinds so that it can be destinated properly, and BC put it back to normal when returned, which is why BC Driver and myself were unable to get 11 to show on BC buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk