News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green & Yardley Wood Open Day

Started by vinh1000, September 22, 2013, 12:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on October 05, 2013, 09:29:22 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 05, 2013, 09:21:37 PM
Nobody got to drive a Metro around the yard like they did back in the day?  :D

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves.  8)

I went to a London Transport Chiswick Works open day back in the 1980s and got to drive a Routemaster (not dual control) around a half mile circuit of the works. Then got to ride on a bus while the driver took it onto the skid pan sliding it sideways with 25 passengers sat downstairs (no-one was allowed upstairs. I don't think any operator would be brave enough to do anything like that again - shame!

I bet that was enjoyable.

How times change ay Tone, now you can't even open the doors without the handbrake on!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2013, 03:18:38 PM
Went to both garages and a ride on a metrobus, was en route to Solihul so didn't really stay at either too long, was good to see both garages fairly busy with people though

Saw a few people from the forum today including Kevin and Tony :)

CL

Personally, i'd like to thank the driver on the 2 (4333) for getting me to YW and back into the City, safely. It was quite a surprise when I saw it coming back for a route into the city, with the same driver! I dont usually get onto the 2, o it was a nice treat aswell... Though, in my opinion, the 2's frequency is a bit lacking, 20 minutes daytime? Not for me...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Thank you to Tony for the in-gate picture of 5407 I requested :)

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Rob H

Quote from: vinh1000 on October 05, 2013, 05:17:32 PM
Anyone here rode 3225 or 3472??

Yes! Rode 3472 from AG to YW and 3225 from YW to AG I've recorded videos of both I'll upload tomorrow ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Westy

Must admit I didn't stay long at both depots, arriving YW around 11, then after knocking a few photos off which I'll stick on my Facebook,  some guy announced there was a bus to AG so 3472 I jumped on,  then spent a bit of time at AG, taking a few more photos, spotting the President taking over the shuttle bus.

I'd finished for about 12 so went and had a mooch in Acocks Green itself,  including a Kfc, then headed back home from 1 all the way back to Bloxwich.

Didn't see the bus washing though!

On the subject of the President taking over the shuttle,  was it always meant to be the substitute bus as it had the correct display?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 05, 2013, 11:54:12 PM
Must admit I didn't stay long at both depots, arriving YW around 11, then after knocking a few photos off which I'll stick on my Facebook,  some guy announced there was a bus to AG so 3472 I jumped on,  then spent a bit of time at AG, taking a few more photos, spotting the President taking over the shuttle bus.

I'd finished for about 12 so went and had a mooch in Acocks Green itself,  including a Kfc, then headed back home from 1 all the way back to Bloxwich.

Didn't see the bus washing though!

On the subject of the President taking over the shuttle,  was it always meant to be the substitute bus as it had the correct display?

It wasn't a substitute, it was an extra, the vintage buses weren't clearing and there had been a request for an easy access bus for a wheelchair

horsencart

How many points do I earn for a photo of Tony checking to see if the engine is still there  http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/10112863313/   (he was checking the over flow pipe)

trident4370

Yes I did see Tony and the very popular Daimler at YW, also noticed a certain trident having an inspection on the lift :P disappointed that after a long wait I didn't get to catch the Metrobus on the shuttles though despite being told it was 5 minutes behind Tony :(

Tony

Quote from: trident4370 on October 06, 2013, 01:20:41 PM
Yes I did see Tony and the very popular Daimler at YW, also noticed a certain trident having an inspection on the lift :P disappointed that after a long wait I didn't get to catch the Metrobus on the shuttles though despite being told it was 5 minutes behind Tony :(

3225 carried a full 54 passengers on 13 of the 14 journies it did, only the last one back from AG to YW wasn't full.

3472 didn't have a faulty seat. That one was covered up because that was where the spare wheel was stored

trident4370

Ironically 4667 left YW about 15 minutes after the last round 3225 trip with 1 passenger on!

Gareth

I couldn't make it in the end. However my aunt and her friend had a great day. Although their main reason for going was to ride 3225, they were quite happy with 2957 instead when 3225 was full.

Liberator9

I saw Tony as well then as I rode 3225; excellent condition for its age that bus. Thanks Tony for driving us from YW to AG.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on October 06, 2013, 01:20:41 PM

3225 carried a full 54 passengers on 13 of the 14 journies it did, only the last one back from AG to YW wasn't full.

3472 didn't have a faulty seat. That one was covered up because that was where the spare wheel was stored

Well that's the first impression I got, sitting behind it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk