News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

bonfire night-Pype hayes

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 06:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Did anyone have the same aggro as we did last year? I stood with my grandchild at the 67 stop @ aston stn. for nearly an hour.in which time we were passed by several PB gemini which were packed out,and at least 2 scanny bendies which ignored us for the same reason.we were (eventually) picked up @ 7-30pm and arrived at the park just in time for the last sparkler and a voice on the tanoi to say "see you all next year".(NO CHANCE). Unlike previous years, this occasion had only one display (not two)-and there was NO Bonfire .
The attraction of free entry only added to the bus/traffic fiasco. Where were the 28's? never saw one from 8pm to 8.50pm! -can we expect more of the same next year? Hope not. >:( >:
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

D10

Sadly yes, I had this problem in about 1995! I never bothered to go again due to the problems getting there on the 67. You really think that after all this time NXWM would register extra journeys on the night of the bonfire....

Tony

errrr. They do, see note above about packed Geminis as well as the Bendis. Biggest problem is most of the buses get stuck at Pype Hayes in the non-movong traffic so can only do one trip each.
I used to like driving 28E extras from Washwood heath 30 years ago with fleetlines, but the chaos and the Chav invasion was nowhere near as bad those days

swifty

It's the same at Dartmouth Park Bonfire Night, except there are no additional buses to help with the load, just a bus station filled with boozed up people and a load of late night drivers wondering how the hell they were going to get them all on the B6's they had operating on the 406H, 448, and 449, i mean not even a merc or a double decker. Used to hate Bonfire Nights!!!!
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

makkacdt

ive been to himley the last few years, and even tho the bus services are pritty good, they are indeed rammed. THere was usally a gemini one the one i have to get on, which was rammed. THe inspectors would count how many get on, and if your the unlucky one to wait for the next one you have a hell of a wait.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Nathan4775

I dont go Pype Hayes Park nomore, becuase getting there is a breeze but getting home is a joke
28 - most of them routes terminate at Pype Hayes then go back to small heath, as for the 67/914 I never see them and when I do see them there either full or Dont stop.
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk