News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Talking of no flags, there's a shelter at an inbound stop on the 89 missing a flag, can't exactly remember the stop but I'm pretty sure it was around Hales Lane/The Uplands side of Smethwick. Also there's a number of faded flags around there too.

SK68MEV

Quote from: Jack on February 20, 2020, 05:50:57 PM
Talking of no flags, there's a shelter at an inbound stop on the 89 missing a flag, can't exactly remember the stop but I'm pretty sure it was around Hales Lane/The Uplands side of Smethwick. Also there's a number of faded flags around there too.
theres a stop on Bradford road Castle Bromwich school lane stop inbound the pole has snapped off due to wind presuming a new stop for that as a large chin o come off and by hurst Lane Morrison's the stop flag has fallen off licked it out of the road and put it in the stop
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Kevin

Had a roam of the new Dudley routes yesterday, noticed on the new 81 route on Parkes Hall Road there's and old bus stop flag with "West Midlands Travel" and "Asda" on it, assuming there was once a bus from around there to an Asda
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2020, 11:07:01 AM
Had a roam of the new Dudley routes yesterday, noticed on the new 81 route on Parkes Hall Road there's and old bus stop flag with "West Midlands Travel" and "Asda" on it, assuming there was once a bus from around there to an Asda

Hi Kevin

Could you please report this and any other stop observations to TfWM through this link thanks. This goes for everyone else. As I have noticed quite a few comments about old flags and incorrect information on flags in general.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/get-in-touch/report-a-problem/

ellspurs

On Bentley Road South, the bus flags closest to Bentley Bridge still display 333L/333X on them. None of the other flags going towards the M6 have them. Only the Thandi 37 serves that road now.

Stu

Went to Solihull town centre earlier today for the first time in ages.

Found it a bit odd that the 6 no longer shares the same stop as the 49 and 76.

It always used to be the case that these services used the same stop, as they all go towards Solihull College and Shirley, so passengers could just get the first one that turns up.

Doesn't seem very 'connected' to me! Surely the 6 could terminate where it does now, have a layover there, and then turn around at the island to start service at the same stop as the 49 and 76?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on March 07, 2020, 04:58:53 PM
Went to Solihull town centre earlier today for the first time in ages.

Found it a bit odd that the 6 no longer shares the same stop as the 49 and 76.

It always used to be the case that these services used the same stop, as they all go towards Solihull College and Shirley, so passengers could just get the first one that turns up.

Doesn't seem very 'connected' to me! Surely the 6 could terminate where it does now, have a layover there, and then turn around at the island to start service at the same stop as the 49 and 76?
Doesn't seem to be a problem and both stops have buses departing fairly regularly. Plus its also been like that for some time now.

But what about having the 49 and 76 use the the stop that the 5 or 6 use. Then they leave Solihull straight away, instead of going the long way round and using Lode Lane.
People who want the Station tend to get off at Solihull Swimming Baths, as the rear entrance to the Station is there. So you could have the 49 and 76 terminate at Solihull Town Centre as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on March 07, 2020, 05:03:34 PM
Doesn't seem to be a big problem and both stops have buses departing fairly regularly. Plus its also been like that for some time now.

Well, that might be the case, but I'm working from my own observations, and previous experience. Granted today I was only ever going to get the 76 anyway, as I wanted to get back to Billesley.

But about 10 years ago, I used to work on the Cranmore industrial estate, and would get the 37 from Acocks Green into Solihull. From there I would get the 6, 76 or 166 (then S9) as they all went along Blossomfield Road to Marshall Lake Road. The Solihull College students would also get on the first bus that arrived, including the 49.

That to me was a 'good connection', and our mayor Andy Street is always banging on about making bus journeys 'better connected'.

Now if you want to get the first bus going along Blossomfield Road, you have to cross Station Road to jump from one stop to another.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

Bit of a weird one this.
The Small Heath Asda bus stop towards Birmingham has a new Swift Collector flag alongside the main flag. Is this the only one in the Midlands so far?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 08, 2020, 02:57:00 PM
Bit of a weird one this.
The Small Heath Asda bus stop towards Birmingham has a new Swift Collector flag alongside the main flag. Is this the only one in the Midlands so far?

No, there's lots of them

SK68MEV

Bit of a weird one this.
havent seen it u got a pic
Local Routes
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Busboy105

SK68MEV

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 08, 2020, 10:38:08 PM
Unfortunately, no.
ill have to go town one of the days to get the 60 down
Local Routes
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Noticed they could install a new shelter at Nechells Parkway, Bloomsbury Street 55/94 stop.  But couldn't replace the missing flag while they did it, very strange. And even at least a week after the new shelter was installed, its still got no flag.
I have reported this to TFWM pleanty of times as well.

Bit of a weird one this.
As well as these Swift flags that have appeared, all the stops in the City Centre have new RTI screens as well.
Think they were changed on Priory Queensway at some point last week.

Are there any operators left in the West Midlands still using the old ticket machines now as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on March 09, 2020, 06:30:21 PM
Noticed they could install a new shelter at Nechells Parkway, Bloomsbury Street. But couldn't replace the missing flag while they did it, very strange.
As well as these Swift flags that have appeared, all the stops in the City Centre have new RTI screens as well.
Think they were changed on Priory Queensway at some point last week.

Are there any operators left in the West Midlands still using the old ticket machines now as well?

The Swift flags are new but there are  some others aroumd.

The RTI screens have been updated since I last saw them. I think it's something to do with the new operators being tracked with the new Ticket machines.

The only operators that I think are left are Walsall Community Transport, Coventry Community Transport and may be a few that I can't think of.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk