News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 11, 2024, 09:35:56 AMMorning Simon

Is there any chance the map and route information for Wolverhampton service 64 could be corrected. It lists the route as serving stops outside the Mander Centre and in Skinner Street but these stops no longer exist. In addition the route map shows the service using Ring Road St Marks which it does not. After the Art Gallery, there is a stop in Darlington Street and in School Street near Skinner Street.
I have asked for this to be updated.  Thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on July 15, 2024, 02:41:59 PMI have a question about the I citys, do they have radio built into them and if they do are bus drivers allowed to use the radio on pubic bus routes.
They come with radio's built in.   There is no legislation stopping the radio's being played.  Historically we have removed/ disabled the radio's.  We have yet to decide whether we will do this on these.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 17, 2024, 06:37:51 AMThey come with radio's built in.  There is no legislation stopping the radio's being played.  Historically we have removed/ disabled the radio's.  We have yet to decide whether we will do this on these.
I find a lot of customers prefer radios being played. Kevs still enable radios on their vehicles.

I have seen the new electric bus in tividale depot. When will this be used in service?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 17, 2024, 04:45:42 PMI find a lot of customers prefer radios being played. Kevs still enable radios on their vehicles.

I have seen the new electric bus in tividale depot. When will this be used in service?

We have 4 in total.  1 is a 12 meter demo, this is in Nuneaton undergoing certification testing.  It has been there for around 6 weeks, when it comes back this will enable us to register this 1 and the 4 x 10.5 meter versions parked at Tividale.

Simon

Stu

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 17, 2024, 06:37:51 AMThey come with radio's built in.  There is no legislation stopping the radio's being played.  Historically we have removed/ disabled the radio's.  We have yet to decide whether we will do this on these.
Would you not need a PPL/PRS licence though? Even playing local radio stations, you're 'performing' copyrighted music that is audible to the public, even if it is just 'background music'.

I believe the cost is around £175 per year per vehicle for buses and coaches. That's probably why the radios were removed or disabled before!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on July 17, 2024, 06:42:04 PMWould you not need a PPL/PRS licence though? Even playing local radio stations, you're 'performing' copyrighted music that is audible to the public, even if it is just 'background music'.

I believe the cost is around £175 per year per vehicle for buses and coaches. That's probably why the radios were removed or disabled before!
We have PPL/PRS licences.  If we allowed the radios to be in use as all the vehicles rolled out, we would need to increase it.

Simon

Ryan Hack

As Preston Bus is planned to get EV buses when will they arrive?

B7RLE

Hi, me and my mate are looking to track it down however its never been tracking on bustimes.org - on Saturday, do you know if the open top in Kidderminster will be out? 
Local routes are the PN 7, WN 8, 25 and 242 (mainly the 8)
Also regularly use the PN 2, PN 2A and WN 82
Local rail station is Stourbridge Town, 139s 😍

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ryan Hack on July 18, 2024, 02:27:10 PMAs Preston Bus is planned to get EV buses when will they arrive?

Unfortunately not.  We did not get any ZEBRA funding for LCC.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B7RLE on July 18, 2024, 05:48:01 PMHi, me and my mate are looking to track it down however its never been tracking on bustimes.org - on Saturday, do you know if the open top in Kidderminster will be out?
I am not sure.  You are best speak to the depot.  

Why are the heaters on 30952 on. On one of the hottest days of the year?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on July 19, 2024, 05:58:26 PMWhy are the heaters on 30952 on. On one of the hottest days of the year?
I have asked our engineering team to investigate.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 11, 2024, 09:35:56 AMMorning Simon

Is there any chance the map and route information for Wolverhampton service 64 could be corrected. It lists the route as serving stops outside the Mander Centre and in Skinner Street but these stops no longer exist. In addition the route map shows the service using Ring Road St Marks which it does not. After the Art Gallery, there is a stop in Darlington Street and in School Street near Skinner Street.

This will be updated shortly.

Stu

Reminder to all!

Quote from: Stu on July 15, 2024, 08:15:17 PMModerator Note

Out of respect for Simon Dunn and his role at Rotala, we request that any members who wish to participate in this topic should politely ask reasonable and pertinent questions with as much detail as possible.

Comments that are just 'dumped' as blanket statements will be removed at the moderators' discretion.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

LD713821

Hello Simon,

Will Diamond West Midlands be receiving next stop announcements soon?
If they are, will they will be using the same voice as NX/Metro, Elinor Hamilton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk