News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

QuoteThe route trainer for Diamond is out route training today on 87/88/X20.
What bus is the route trainer?

MW

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on May 21, 2022, 07:00:54 PMWhat bus is the route trainer?

He's a human being on board a Johnson's bus.

Steveminor

I wonder if he has a fleet number ROFL

I love Walsall buses

QuoteHe's a human being on board a Johnson's bus.
Ah just read your post properly apologies

IMarkeh

For the record and those wanting to get the big ticket before Johnson's go, the price is £12.10 for the network daysaver. It's on the ticket as something like Warwickshire day saver.

Stu

Quote from: IMarkeh on May 23, 2022, 09:36:00 AMFor the record and those wanting to get the big ticket before Johnson's go, the price is £12.10 for the network daysaver. It's on the ticket as something like Warwickshire day saver.

Thanks for that, for some reason Johnsons have already removed the fares page from their website.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on May 23, 2022, 06:48:45 PMThanks for that, for some reason Johnsons have already removed the fares page from their website.

They're slowly winding the operation down from my observation. The fleet is gradually being de-vinyled, and at least one Scania looks like it's been prepared for repaint.

Perhaps the fares page also contained season tickets and they're obviously going to be worthless next week.

Justin Tyme

The fares page disappeared from the website several months ago - around the time of January's fares increase - and reference to the day ticket has been absent for the best part of a year, if not longer.

I went to Stratford and back on the X20 today.  One Optare Metrodecker was on the X20 (the 0955 ex-Stratford), while the other one along with a white Enviro 400 was on Stratford Park & Ride.  The other E400 was parked up at Stratford Station at midday.

Justin Tyme

Johnsons have now removed their bus pages from their website, even though the transfer to Diamond is still a few days away..

Justin Tyme

As already mentioned on the Diamond Bus - Discussion board, today was Johnsons' last day of running buses.

Just one Johnsons service has been operated on Sundays in recent times - the X50 Birmingham - Chipping Norton - and the vehicle on the last journey into Birmingham was Enviro 200MMC YW68 OVX.  Unless there was an unexpected changeover on the return to Stratford, this would have been the last bus in service.

I believe that the buses transferring to Diamond were moving to Redditch today.

MW

A couple of what looked like enthusiasts seemed to be waiting for the X50 towards Stratford outside the McDonald's in Monkspath at around 14.20

I wonder if it turned up.

Saw a Johnsons E200 MMC at the back of the Peter clarke estate agent on the Myton Road in Leamington this morning. Displaying Johnsons Coaches/Staff Shuttle. Not sure what the reg of it was. There is a bus stop at the back there as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

Quote from: 2206 on September 24, 2022, 02:04:34 PMSaw a Johnsons E200 MMC at the back of the Peter clarke estate agent on the Myton Road in Leamington this morning. Displaying Johnsons Coaches/Staff Shuttle. Not sure what the reg of it was. There is a bus stop at the back there as well.
That's the one that's doing the shuttle before it was sold to diamond & bus is on lease 

Michael Bevan

Johnsons have acquired two PSVAR Ayats Eclipse bodied Scania K450EB6's from JH Coaches. JH67 COM and JH18 COM have both been repainted into Johnsons colours. I passed one yesterday on the M40.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk