News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: Kevin on January 03, 2019, 03:07:02 PM
Well to be fair they should have buses spare from losing the 42 and curtailing the X20
2 buses 1spare 1 42 1 from X20 unles they are changing any more services

MW

I've heard they've got some E200 MMCs on order along with Landflight.

I stress the "I've heard" bit of that sentence.

CL

As it redirects me to a 'Page not found', would anybody be able to tell me the cost of a day return ticket between Shirley Station & Stratford on the 20?

Many thanks.

Edit: It has occurred to me that I could catch a train from Shirley (£3.70 for an off peak return, with railcard discounts applied), and it'll work out cheaper than if I did so from a central Birmingham Station - possibly cheaper than the bus, too! If anyone does have the price, I wouldn't mind still knowing - for future references' sake.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley 60171

Quote from: CL on January 20, 2019, 01:20:48 AM
As it redirects me to a 'Page not found', would anybody be able to tell me the cost of a day return ticket between Shirley Station & Stratford on the 20?

Many thanks.

Edit: It has occurred to me that I could catch a train from Shirley (£3.70 for an off peak return, with railcard discounts applied), and it'll work out cheaper than if I did so from a central Birmingham Station - possibly cheaper than the bus, too! If anyone does have the price, I wouldn't mind still knowing - for future references' sake.

I only know that a single from Shirley High Street at the Morrisons stop and the one before to Stratford is £5.50.

Stu

Quote from: CL on January 20, 2019, 01:20:48 AM

Many thanks.

They used to have all the fares for their various services on their website, not sure why they don't any more.

You might get a quicker answer by dropping them an email, they do respond quite quickly during the week:
http://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/contact-us/

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 20, 2019, 06:38:58 PM
I only know that a single from Shirley High Street at the Morrisons stop and the one before to Stratford is £5.50.

I seem to recall a couple of years back, when I was thinking about taking a trip on the X20 from Hall Green, that a single was about £5, while a return was £7. It probably is a little cheaper (and faster) by train but I liked the idea of having a nice bus ride. Maybe later this year, I do fancy a day out on the X50 to Chipping Norton, I think that might be a nice journey, as long as its not too expensive. ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Ah, many thanks, both. @Ashley 60171 @Stu

Looks like it's the train for me, then. ;) Perhaps I may do the scenic route, one day.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Justin Tyme

The fare tables for all services have reappeared on the website, and are up to date (and include the forthcoming 82 and 88).  The Shirley Station - Stratford fare is £5.70 single, £7.00 return; Birmingham - Stratford is the same.  Birmingham - Chipping Norton is £8.00 single and a day ticket is to be issued for return journeys.

Unfortunately, however, the day ticket price has disappeared - it was £10.50 last autumn.

If anyone has the time and funds, a good day out is to Banbury.  Use the 20 to Stratford (on an Enviro 400MMC if you're lucky), then you have a choice of the 3A, 6 or 7 from there.  All of the Stratford - Banbury services are very scenic and provide a good round trip.

barry

Johnson's have 6 new 68 plate E200's arriving. Some are receiving livery and lettering as they're coming in base wight.
Haven't got reg numbers yet.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: barry on February 12, 2019, 10:35:31 PM
Johnson's have 6 new 68 plate E200's arriving. Some are receiving livery and lettering as they're coming in base wight.
Haven't got reg numbers yet.

There's 3 old shape E200s already arrived, and 3 MMCs yet to arrive I think. The MMCs should be for the 82/88 tender uptake

B61 ANDREW

Bus Lists On The Web report 3 x 68 plates. "YW" plates if I remember correctly.  ;D

MW

I've read somewhere that the 3 older ones have/are being converted into Euro 6 specification, and then the MMCs will of course be Euro 6 as standard. All six for the 82/87/88. Two for the 82, 3 for the 87/88.

MW

YW68XXX (think it's YW68PBV on 87 today.)

It's a classic bodystyle E200.

MW

YW68PBX also on 87 today.

Kevin

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 08, 2019, 09:46:30 PM
The fare tables for all services have reappeared on the website, and are up to date... Birmingham - Chipping Norton is £8.00 single...

So technically I can use my Stagecoach Oxfordshire pass to get all the way from Brum to Swindon on a Sunday for 8 quid..... I like this idea

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 08, 2019, 09:46:30 PM
If anyone has the time and funds, a good day out is to Banbury.  Use the 20 to Stratford (on an Enviro 400MMC if you're lucky), then you have a choice of the 3A, 6 or 7 from there.  All of the Stratford - Banbury services are very scenic and provide a good round trip.

I concur, I did the 3 to Banbury, 7 to Kineton and 77 to Leamington (and Nx back to Great Barr) when I came down to Banbury to view places to move to, cracking day out
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dylanbusboy45

None of the new MMCs on shed this afternoon, one is apparently on the Coventry 42 and I assume the other two are away for vinyl/painting. I know one is registered YW68OVX so not exactly same batch as Landflights. The guy at there said they have been in close contact over their new buses, which is nice to hear operators helping each other out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk