News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 31, 2022, 10:34:29 PM
Are they retaining the two school services under the coach operations?

It's more than 2 schools, but answer is no

Stu

Off-topic posts about Sutton services split into new topic here:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6200.0

May I remind members that this thread is for discussing the operator Claribel Coaches and their current services.

For continued discussion of services that are changing operator, please use the thread(s) of that operator.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andy41

Quote from: Stu on April 02, 2022, 09:01:18 AMOff-topic posts about Sutton services split into new topic here:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6200.0

May I remind members that this thread is for discussing the operator Claribel Coaches and their current services.

For continued discussion of services that are changing operator, please use the thread(s) of that operator.

Well seeing as my comment was in reply to the site owner, who was posting in this thread, perhaps you could explain whyI was 'off topic'?

SK68MEV

what about 94/94A?
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wumpty

Quote from: andy41 on April 02, 2022, 10:28:39 PMWell seeing as my comment was in reply to the site owner, who was posting in this thread, perhaps you could explain whyI was 'off topic'?

I read @Stu post as a reminder to all members @andy41 - it's nowt personal. As with all good debates, we can all find new avenues to explore and if, like this one, it creates specific talking points, then moderators will split topics. Some great points all round.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Solo1

Quote from: Steveminor on April 01, 2022, 06:39:43 AMIt's more than 2 schools, but answer is no
who will run the school services  that u  run as a guess green bus or nxbus

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Just 2 buses out today I think. Probably the reason for early termination of the service. In the past was a 5 bus operation I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

There comes a time when any company is winding down or sold when staff have to make a decision to transfer to the new company or seek employment elsewhere.

That time has come.

It would be unprofessional for a bus operator to prioritise a commercial service (where there is an overlap with a competitor) over services which are unique to that business, hence the early deregistration of the 94.

For anyone on this forum who has used Claribels 94 over the years. Thankyou for your custom and your support through the good times & the bad.
 I hope to see you on Diamond buses 94 service which will start injust over a fortnight and take advantage of day weekly monthly tickets & the Diamond app,all the things Claribels was never able to offer.

BBS

Quote from: Steveminor on April 07, 2022, 07:38:39 PMThere comes a time when any company is winding down or sold when staff have to make a decision to transfer to the new company or seek employment elsewhere.

That time has come.

It would be unprofessional for a bus operator to prioritise a commercial service (where there is an overlap with a competitor) over services which are unique to that business, hence the early deregistration of the 94.

For anyone on this forum who has used Claribels 94 over the years. Thankyou for your custom and your support through the good times & the bad.
 I hope to see you on Diamond buses 94 service which will start injust over a fortnight and take advantage of day weekly monthly tickets & the Diamond app,all the things Claribels was never able to offer.
Would like to thank Claribels though, they may not have been the most technical best operator but surely one of the greatest operators i seen. My favourite FDV has always made it fun. Its a upset to see claribels go
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steveminor

All

I have made the conscious decision that this will be my last post on the forum for Claribels.

I started my career in the bus industry at the same time as Claribels started theirs 30 years ago. On & off over the 30 years I was proud to call myself an employee & this time around manager of what was/is one of the longest serving & original bus operators in the West Midlands.

Those who may know me know I am an emotional person and the end of this chapter is truly heartbreaking for me. whilst myself and staff are extremely grateful to Mr Dunn & Mr Baker for the opportunity of Joing their operation the end of Claribels is something I wished would never have come.

Please listen to the youtube link raise a beer and never forget Claribels.

Goodbye!!!

Justin Tyme

I can understand, Steve, that this moment must be heartbreaking for you, and indeed sad for many others involved.  Claribels have done very well to be so long-serving in an area that has seen a rapid turnover of operators over the years, and you can be proud of your part in its story.

I trekked over to Chelmsley Wood on Monday to have a final ride on a Claribels 94, and I am glad I did.

While you have ended posting for Claribels, I hope that you will continue to do posts on this forum on whatever in the future.  Your insights are always worth reading!

Wumpty

Quote from: Steveminor on April 07, 2022, 07:59:51 PMAll

I have made the conscious decision that this will be my last post on the forum for Claribels.

I started my career in the bus industry at the same time as Claribels started theirs 30 years ago. On & off over the 30 years I was proud to call myself an employee & this time around manager of what was/is one of the longest serving & original bus operators in the West Midlands.

Those who may know me know I am an emotional person and the end of this chapter is truly heartbreaking for me. whilst myself and staff are extremely grateful to Mr Dunn & Mr Baker for the opportunity of Joing their operation the end of Claribels is something I wished would never have come.

Please listen to the youtube link raise a beer and never forget Claribels.

Goodbye!!!

@Steveminor we;ve crossed swords, we've reminisced and we've both offered our own views on the bus industry past and present, though I have a huge amount of respect for you and Team Claribels for the way in which you've conducted yourself since the news of the merger.

Claribels offered a new dimension in bus travel, from conductors on coaches on the 94, to a great investment in fleet renewal for the 94 corridor, and offering a quality alternative to NX. I've shared your frustration in the latter having worked at Midland Choice, though see this as a positive for you all.

Please accept my best wishes and love for the future and hope you'll continue to share your thoughts and experience on here.

Good luck!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BBS

Just 10 days left of Claribels, i can't believe it. :(
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk