News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

Claribels Pulsar 1 YJ58 FDV Side dest not working
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 01, 2022, 10:25:13 AM
Rotala to acquire Claribels...

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/rotala-plc-acquisition-announcement/
So Diamond will run on the Birmingham - Ward End - Chelmsley corridor alongside NX then? Will it be ran from Tividale?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2022, 10:28:30 AM
So Diamond will run on the Birmingham - Ward End - Chelmsley corridor alongside NX then? Will it be ran from Tividale?

Too early to say, it's just been confirmed rotala are buying claribels but nothing is said to what will happen with the routes commercially operated by claribels, for certain that the tendered routes will run.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

metrocity

Quote from: BK63 YWP on February 01, 2022, 11:26:52 AM
Too early to say, it's just been confirmed rotala are buying claribels but nothing is said to what will happen with the routes commercially operated by claribels, for certain that the tendered routes will run.
All the tendered routes they operate are currently out for tender aswell

igogeneral

Not many small operators left now then, interesting times ahead.

Gareth

Sad news. I've been a very regular user of them for over 30 years. Longer if you count school transport to the local swimming baths. I hope Diamond carry on their commercial services, to lose 3 or 4 buses an hour on an increasing terrible corridor will make commuting even worse.

Quote from: Gareth on February 01, 2022, 02:22:23 PM
Sad news. I've been a very regular user of them for over 30 years. Longer if you count school transport to the local swimming baths. I hope Diamond carry on their commercial services, to lose 3 or 4 buses an hour on an increasing terrible corridor will make commuting even worse.
I think NX have 12+ buses an hour as well. But i've never found the corridor to be " increasingly terrible" as well.
The service was experiencing delays earlier, affecting both operators. But I think that late running is due to a road closure (Aston Church Rd) and traffic conditions. And of course the buses can't fly over such things.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BusMan Greg

It's a shame that Diamond are taking them over! Less variety of operators in the west mids

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

BBS

Quote from: metrocity on February 01, 2022, 11:40:07 AM
All the tendered routes they operate are currently out for tender aswell
That Includes the 36 right?

Stu

Quote from: bbs on February 01, 2022, 04:44:17 PM
That Includes the 36 right?

The 36 is a tendered route, yes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2022, 04:45:42 PM
The 36 is a tendered route, yes.
well that's like the 6th or 7th time that route is getting operator change

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 01, 2022, 10:25:13 AM
Rotala to acquire Claribels...

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/rotala-plc-acquisition-announcement/

Well, that's one of my predictions for this year ticked off already :D
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6142.msg297792#msg297792

Like with Hansons before, its never nice to see a smaller operator swallowed up by a bigger group, but these are strange times indeed, and with the direction that bus operators are being guided and demands being placed upon them (namely the push towards zero emission vehicles), it would seem to me that this is designed to squeeze out the smaller operating companies in favour of the 'big groups/companies'.

And if you can't compete, as a smaller operator, your only choice is to go out of business, or sell up.

In this case, it would seem that the owners of Claribels decided that public bus operations are just not worth it anymore, so in a way I can't blame them for offloading that part of their business, in order to concentrate and focus on what is presumably more profitable for them.

I can only hope that the current staff at Claribels retain their jobs with Diamond Bus, and that Diamond continue to operate the services to the standards that Claribels customers have become used to.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2022, 03:24:38 PM
I think NX have 12+ buses an hour as well. But i've never found the corridor to be " increasingly terrible" as well.
The service was experiencing delays earlier, affecting both operators. But I think that late running is due to a road closure (Aston Church Rd) and traffic conditions. And of course the buses can't fly over such things.

It's increasingly terrible. I know buses can't can't fly over cars, I know there's traffic, I know there's also delays to Claribels. I also know that out of 12 buses an hour, 5 or 6 of them turn up within 5 minutes. But that isn't the point here. The point I was making is that if we lose 3 or 4 buses an hour on the 94 route, the people who use those three or four buses will now be using the NX service resulting in far busier buses and Priory Queensway at 4pm being more unbearable than it already is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk