News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Figures look ok so doubtful it would be withdrawn, all I can say is that we would be happy if we can it for 8 years as opposed to it having different operators over 8 years.
To be honest I am happy with all our contract services, we have some good routes & some fantastic passengers.

Busboy105

Would you consider extending the 36 to Birmingham? Could be a nice alternative to the 17 during school times.

Stu

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 17, 2019, 03:47:23 PM
Would you consider extending the 36 to Birmingham? Could be a nice alternative to the 17 during school times.

:D

Extend to Birmingham from which end?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 17, 2019, 07:41:52 PM
Heartlands Hospital

So basically compete with either the 17 or 97. Both have been tried

Busboy105

True... but what if it is extended from Sparkbrook to Birmingham where it will then run to Heartlands Hospital with short journeys at Acocks Green. The frequency will have to be upped to 30 minutes though. Not sure if they have the buses for it.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 17, 2019, 08:17:13 PM
True... but what if it is extended from Sparkbrook to Birmingham where it will then run to Heartlands Hospital with short journeys at Acocks Green. The frequency will have to be upped to 30 minutes though. Not sure if they have the buses for it.

It's a tendered route for a reason. It needs subsidy to operate, putting an extra bus in would cost a lot of money and if the existing service doesn't cover its costs an extra bus woudln't

Steveminor

Plus operators have thought about extending it to Birmingham before ( when frequency was higher & loading figures were better ) & the amount of passengers required against the extra resources didn't work out then so it's highly doubtful it would work out now.

Jack D

@Steveminor what's happening with the 94?

Steveminor

monkeyjoe

Reduced frequency maybe always seem to be empty these days when I see them in the car, both Nxwm and yours (castle Brom part) Wonder if numbers are falling ?

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 18, 2019, 09:23:32 PM
Reduced frequency maybe always seem to be empty these days when I see them in the car, both Nxwm and yours (castle Brom part) Wonder if numbers are falling ?
Not true.
55/94 are my local routes, so I use them regularly and they're always full when I use them. NXWM are busier than Claribels and fill a decker at times, between Fox and Goose and City Centre. But even Claribels carry full loads at peak times.
Can get very busy on the NXWM 55/94 during the day at times as well and Weekends and Evenings are also busy.

If nobody was using them, NXWM wouldn't be operating the 55/94 at an every 4 minute frequency @monkeyjoe.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2019, 09:31:08 PM
Not true.
55/94 are my local routes, so I use them regularly and they're always full when I use them. NXWM are busier than Claribels and fill a decker at times, between Fox and Goose and City Centre. But even Claribels carry full loads at peak times.
Can get very busy on the NXWM 55/94 during the day at times as well and Weekends and Evenings are also busy.

If nobody was using them, NXWM wouldn't be operating the 55/94 at an every 4 minute frequency @monkeyjoe.

I am well aware of that, however my point is when ever I see them a various point during the day they do seem to be empty, my query was wondering if numbers are falling? People like myself deserting the routes.

Jack D

Any chance 53 could be taken over by Claribels, with maybe slight route change?

Steveminor

No as the tender was awarded to another operator & the service is not commercially viable unfortunately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk