News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: TOF719S on July 30, 2018, 07:39:32 PM
Thinking of popping across on Friday and looking for my last 2 Pulsars in the fleet, would anyone know if YJ60GHF and YJ12CHG should be about in service (mechanical failure excluding) and if so where do they normally operate??
I know from previous visits the older stock seems to operate in Eardington but a recent photo of GHF shows it on an S16 in Solihull??
Any help would be grateful  ;D
There are pleanty of Older Pulsars on the 94 these days, I caught YJ59BCU into the City Centre earlier today and have been on pleanty of them on the 94 in the past, so it could well be on there. I've also been on newer pulsar on the 167/8 as well. Plus I often see newer pulsars out of service going to Erdington to operate the 600.
They could be on any service that gets pulsars.
- 167/168 plus peak workings on the 71.
- S16.

Not sure if the 75 uses them as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: Steveminor on July 30, 2018, 07:53:31 PM
There is no set allocations for the pulsars & they do switch around depending on where they are parked on the evening for morning allocations, this does generally lead to them staying on the same routes but as stated they could go anywhere.

If I remember I will pm you on Friday to let you know where they are.

Tof719s a range of different pulsars have been on.the S16 reprising for the optares if they are on private hires. Fdv has been the most prolific on there though.
Is BOF still in normal service?
I don't recall seeing that one  for some time now?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

It was on the 167/168 today although it tends to mainly be used for schools & shuttle bus/spare duties these days as she is quite old now.

Quote from: Steveminor on July 30, 2018, 11:24:03 PM
It was on the 167/168 today although it tends to mainly be used for schools & shuttle bus/spare duties these days as she is quite old now.
Thanks for the info @Steveminor .
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

TOF719S

Quote from: Steveminor on July 30, 2018, 07:53:31 PM
There is no set allocations for the pulsars & they do switch around depending on where they are parked on the evening for morning allocations, this does generally lead to them staying on the same routes but as stated they could go anywhere.

If I remember I will pm you on Friday to let you know where they are.

Tof719s a range of different pulsars have been on.the S16 reprising for the optares if they are on private hires. Fdv has been the most prolific on there though.

Thanks for the reply Steve, hopefully I will find them. if you could let me know via this post what they're on that would be great as I can't seem to log in on my phone to the pm section.
I always seem to get the 57 plate and 58 plate in Eardington also seen BCU a couple of times too with the 14 plates on the 94 everytime I visit.
Thanks again.

Steveminor

Quote from: TOF719S on July 30, 2018, 07:39:32 PM
Thinking of popping across on Friday and looking for my last 2 Pulsars in the fleet, would anyone know if YJ60GHF and YJ12CHG should be about in service (mechanical failure excluding) and if so where do they normally operate??
I know from previous visits the older stock seems to operate in Eardington but a recent photo of GHF shows it on an S16 in Solihull??
Any help would be grateful  ;D

Chg is on 94s today & ghf is on 167/168

TOF719S

Quote from: Steveminor on August 03, 2018, 09:10:51 AM
Chg is on 94s today & ghf is on 167/168

Many thanks for your reply, just boarding the train from Shrewsbury so will be about shortly.

MW

Didn't realise you can use buses without a ramp in service. Optare Versa in Solihull today unloading a wheelchair passenger with no ramp. Looked closer at bus to check and there was no ramp at all. Thought it may have had an electric one like the ex Central Versas, but it didn't.

YJ13HJD was the bus.

Quote from: MW on September 05, 2018, 10:54:08 PM
Didn't realise you can use buses without a ramp in service. Optare Versa in Solihull today unloading a wheelchair passenger with no ramp. Looked closer at bus to check and there was no ramp at all. Thought it may have had an electric one like the ex Central Versas, but it didn't.

YJ13HJD was the bus.
I went on one of the Claribels Optare Versa today; YJ13HJE on the S16 today and YJ13HJE has a ramp (a manual one).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: MW on September 05, 2018, 10:54:08 PM

YJ13HJD was the bus.

That's disgusting by Claribels. I wonder what TfWM or rven the Traffic Commissioner would think of that.

Steveminor

All buses in.thr Claribels fleet are DDA compliant.

Dom

@Steveminor if that is the case, what is your other boarding device?

''The Public Service Vehicle Access Regulations (PSVAR) 2000 demand that all single decker buses have accessibility standards including a wheelchair bay; a wheelchair ramp or other boarding device, and priority seating''

Kevin

Quote from: Steveminor on September 18, 2018, 07:35:30 PM
All buses in.thr Claribels fleet are DDA compliant.

Really? I do recall there was a Versa that wasn't, and was only to be used on school / private hire work
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Dom on September 18, 2018, 07:39:29 PM
@Steveminor if that is the case, what is your other boarding device?

''The Public Service Vehicle Access Regulations (PSVAR) 2000 demand that all single decker buses have accessibility standards including a wheelchair bay; a wheelchair ramp or other boarding device, and priority seating''
HJE most certainly has a ramp.
Is HJE the same as HJD?
Did HJE always have the ramp, or has HJE been modified since it was new @Steveminor?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2018, 07:44:13 PM
HJE most certainly has a ramp.
Is HJE the same as HJD?
Did HJE always have the ramp, or has HJE been modified since it was new @Steveminor?

Not on about HJE though are we?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk