News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 14, 2017, 03:10:49 PM
Any reasons why?

It's a Bank Holiday and their registration says not Sundays & Bank Holidays

Steveminor

Quite correct tony

the trainbasher

But Good Friday is a Common Law Holiday, not a Bank Holiday...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 14, 2017, 10:50:37 PM

Banks are shut "bank holiday" in that sense. End of the day most business class it as a bank holiday and one of five bank holidays I have to work. So does not matter if it is a common law holiday or a bank holiday claribels state operational they don't operate on bank holidays therefore there is no need for them to run. Hansons, diamond, nx could say the same I.e. They could just run a Sunday service or not at all (Hansons case as they don't do Sunday's @Tony does this apply to the other operators in the West Midlands or does tfwm state a Saturday service must run on a Good Friday
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

@Chris

Example from one of the April 17 Tender Specifications

"These journeys are to be operated in accordance with the attached timetable. No service will be required on the 25 December. Normal Saturday service will be required on Good Friday. A Sunday service will be required on all other Bank Holidays and 1 January, unless otherwise advised by TfWMto the Operator in writing."

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

True, that would apply to TfWM tendered routes, but Claribels operate their routes commercially.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 14, 2017, 10:50:37 PM

The Government says it's a Bank Holiday
https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

So whatever silly name you come up with If the registration states not Bank Holidays then they don't run!

Quote from: Stu on April 15, 2017, 07:09:38 AM
True, that would apply to TfWM tendered routes, but Claribels operate their routes commercially.
They used to operate on bank holidays. I'm sure I remember them operating on a bank holiday (a Monday) a couple of years ago, while NX operated a Sunday service. So it must have changed.
GRS also used to operate a normal service, every bank holiday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

True we used to but the registration was changed to not operate bank holidays.

Quote from: Steveminor on April 05, 2017, 05:47:50 PM
They are due to arrive this weekend
Have the new E200 arrived yet?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Eric Shaw

YJ53VDL still with Claribels, on the 71E again today.

Quote from: Eric Shaw on April 18, 2017, 03:43:25 PM
YJ53VDL still with Claribels, on the 71E again today.
YJ54CEO is still in service with Claribels today, passed Ward End, The Fox and Goose at about 17:00 going towards the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on April 18, 2017, 05:54:07 PM
YJ54CEO is still in service with Claribels today, passed Ward End, The Fox and Goose at about 17:00 going towards the City Centre.
YJ54CEO is still in service in service with Claribels today  on the 55, passed Ward End, The Fox and Goose at about 15:20 going towards the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk