News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Do any forum members take an interest in other operating areas?

Started by Ashley 4569, August 01, 2013, 08:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ex BC driver

Does Hong Kong count? Ain't been there for 16 years though

Mike K

I take a passing interest in Go North East purely because the wife's from that neck of the woods so we visit the area quite often.

They take route branding to another level, the sheer volume of different liveries is a bit bizarre.

Some nice Volvo B9TLs in service up there.

richie

Quote from: Mike K on August 02, 2013, 09:55:17 AM
I take a passing interest in Go North East purely because the wife's from that neck of the woods so we visit the area quite often.

They take route branding to another level, the sheer volume of different liveries is a bit bizarre.

Agreed the route branding their and the turn out of the vehicles is amazing!

richie

NXWM is my fave but I do like go north east, Trent Barton and Stagecoach just for their dominance but especially Oxford and Manchester.

PM

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 01, 2013, 11:33:17 PM
I Know the whole Blackpool network as my nan lives there and i have memorised th routes. Miss the old vintage trams which were a sort of british icon

Same here know the blackpool network quite well tho I think ditching the coloured route branding was a bad idea and dont like the new trams at all to be honest. Best buses at blackpool by far are the east lancs tridents-best bodies for the trident by far

PM

Quote from: Mike K on August 02, 2013, 09:55:17 AM

Im moving up to that neck of the woods next year so really looking forward to exploring go north east/arriva north east and stagecoach north east as Im a fan of all 3 companies!!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 11:06:50 AM
I Know the whole Blackpool network as my nan lives there and i have memorised th routes. Miss the old vintage trams which were a sort of british icon

Same here know the blackpool network quite well tho I think ditching the coloured route branding was a bad idea and dont like the new trams at all to be honest. Best buses at blackpool by far are the east lancs tridents-best bodies for the trident by far

yes love the east lancs tridents. They have Euro 3 engine,5 speed ZF gearbox so sound identical to ours at WN so when i visit my nan (she lives in Blackpool) i always still feel at home. Yes i always remembered the colour scheme for the routes such as Route 14 the Mereside Tesco was Dark Green and Line 11 was blue/turquoise, The 3 and 4 were blue, The 5 was red,The 6 (had optare deltas for years) was brown,The 7 was a pinky/purple colour,The 1 was orange (first applied to ECW Leyland Olympians then later Tridents), The 2A/C were a light green (Remember seeing them at Blackpool North Train station). The 20 (The Zoo bus) used to run with the City Sightseeing brand with Leyland Olympians and Metrobuses.

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 02, 2013, 01:14:22 PM

yes love the east lancs tridents. They have Euro 3 engine,5 speed ZF gearbox so sound identical to ours at WN so when i visit my nan (she lives in Blackpool) i always still feel at home. Yes i always remembered the colour scheme for the routes such as Route 14 the Mereside Tesco was Dark Green and Line 11 was blue/turquoise, The 3 and 4 were blue, The 5 was red,The 6 (had optare deltas for years) was brown,The 7 was a pinky/purple colour,The 1 was orange (first applied to ECW Leyland Olympians then later Tridents), The 2A/C were a light green (Remember seeing them at Blackpool North Train station). The 20 (The Zoo bus) used to run with the City Sightseeing brand with Leyland Olympians and Metrobuses.

The East Lancs Tridents are the Best Buses Blackpool have and If I've got this right 2 of the Sightseeing Metrobuses they had were ex-TWM 2072 and 2076 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

sonic84

I've followed the First operation in Worcestershire for as long time... prob going back as early as 1993 when I was about 9.  I remember studying the timetable booklets you used to be able to buy with the whole Worcestershire & Hereford network for 50p from the Bull Ring Bus Station, and tracing all these 'new' and exciting routes on an A to Z. :-)

I like to visit in France, Spain, and Germany. My plan for save a money before visit to Spain and take a photo of only Bendibuses. I'm no plan take a photo of Double Decker, Single Decker 12m in spain. I'm not interest in local of uk because there are only few bendibuses still have but shame.

TAKE A PHOTO OF BENDY BUSES IN SPAIN!!
I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

Trident 4609

Quote from: Rob2832 on August 02, 2013, 02:10:18 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 02, 2013, 01:14:22 PM

The East Lancs Tridents are the Best Buses Blackpool have and If I've got this right 2 of the Sightseeing Metrobuses they had were ex-TWM 2072 and 2076 :)

Yes i love Blackpool Tridents (Sound identical to ours at WN/BC Euro 3 Engine 5 speed ZF Gearbox) and my nan usually takes me on some buses around Blackpool ;)Blackpool Transport also have East Lancs Bodied DAF DB250's which sound like our Spectras (Both on DAF DB250 Chassis)

Liverpool Street

I take an interest inbetween the Mrs. legs.

That and Wales. And Devon. Shame its stagecoach down there.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk