News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: AndrewLee on August 14, 2017, 11:40:11 AM
No worries fella. Actually there is a VHS recorder on the Tridents. Behind a panel under the stairs. Records the CCTV images. So you weren't that far off the mark 😛

Huh, I'd have thought they'd be recording to hard drives or something. Mind you, I guess a VHS tape is less prone to damage from moving as a hard drive, so it does make sense. Do they get collected every so often or are they just overwritten after a while?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

AndrewLee

Quote from: DJ98 on August 14, 2017, 11:55:55 AM
Huh, I'd have thought they'd be recording to hard drives or something. Mind you, I guess a VHS tape is less prone to damage from moving as a hard drive, so it does make sense. Do they get collected every so often or are they just overwritten after a while?

You sometimes get the cctv bloke come on your bus as you pull onto the pumps to pull the tape off. Only seen this happen on Tridents.

John

Quote from: AndrewLee on August 14, 2017, 03:29:08 PM
You sometimes get the cctv bloke come on your bus as you pull onto the pumps to pull the tape off. Only seen this happen on Tridents.

Our Geminis and ALX400s also still use VHS

Tony

Quote from: AndrewLee on August 14, 2017, 11:40:11 AM
No worries fella. Actually there is a VHS recorder on the Tridents. Behind a panel under the stairs. Records the CCTV images. So you weren't that far off the mark 😛

A lot have been converted to digital but there's still a fair number still recording on VHS

karl724223

Pensnett open day made £566  well done all who contributed

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on August 14, 2017, 11:21:43 PM
Pensnett open day made £566  well done all who contributed

Sorry not been able to respond earlier, my mom very ill.

That is a real good amount to have been raised, makes the whole daay very worth while.

Lets hope that the action of the minority will not put NE off holding events like this in the future,
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylanbusboy45

An Open Day for Acocks Green is listed on the bus events diary for 23 June
http://www.classicbuses.co.uk/events.html

Tony

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on February 07, 2018, 05:51:11 PM
An Open Day for Acocks Green is listed on the bus events diary for 23 June
http://www.classicbuses.co.uk/events.html

And the Birmingham Bus Bash on the 9th September.

Both are being organised within NX and we hope to have a few surprise vehicles at both.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2018, 06:03:41 PM
And the Birmingham Bus Bash on the 9th September.

Both are being organised within NX and we hope to have a few surprise vehicles at both.

Sweet, gonna guess that the Metrobus that was purchased will make an appearance then. I'll mark them in my calendar! ;)

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on February 07, 2018, 06:35:04 PM
Sweet, gonna guess that the Metrobus that was purchased will make an appearance then. I'll mark them in my calendar! ;)

Hopefully another heritage vehicle will be in the fleet by then as well, but probably won't be fit enough to attend

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2018, 06:40:28 PM
Hopefully another heritage vehicle will be in the fleet by then as well, but probably won't be fit enough to attend

I don't wanna speculate at all, but I'd love to see a Lynx preserved. Don't have much memories of them due to my age, but from what I can remember, they were lovely vehicles.

Squiz1971

Quote from: DJ98 on February 07, 2018, 06:44:32 PM
I don't wanna speculate at all, but I'd love to see a Lynx preserved. Don't have much memories of them due to my age, but from what I can remember, they were lovely vehicles.
1266 G266EOG is preserved and been used at Wythall so was 1292 I believe @DJ98

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Squiz1971 on February 07, 2018, 06:58:53 PM

Yes 1292 has been used at Aston Manor and Wythall but is currently off the road

filbus1

Quote from: Squiz1971 on February 07, 2018, 06:58:53 PM
1266 belongs to Yardley Wood Bus Club and travels the country visiting bus rallies. We hope to be doing many rallies this year.

Gareth

Quote from: DJ98 on February 07, 2018, 06:44:32 PM

It will probably be exBirmingham 3035.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk